OT: Spittin Chiclets state the Tom Wilson scrum was routine

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
I've seen plenty of worse stuff than what Wilson did. He punched Buchnevich (dangerous and unnecessary) then he punched Strome (unnecessary). He lost it a bit and took pleasure in throwing Artemi down.

I wanted us to react even though I know the caps are much better fighters because it's good for a team to stand up for one another. We did that.

It was hardly Chris Simon level and I hold a grudge only because it happened to our players. Realistically, another player doing it against another team and I would just have enjoyed the drama. Could have been a suspension, but could list many incidents where I thought dirtier plays were made against us.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
And the sky is blue. People who have watched hockey for 5+ Years all knew this

‎Spittin Chiclets: Spittin' Chiclets Episode 332: Featuring Chris "Knuckles" Nilan + Erika Nardini on Apple Podcasts

“its a big nothingburger and the people online are barking into the abyss”
People who are getting worked up by this Simply arent familiar with the game

So your argument is to ignore all the NHL pros who DID point out how excessive this all was, ignore the fine Wilson got and ignore all the fans who have a problem with it (regardless of how long they played) because this one single podcast trumps them all.
Even a person of low intelligence would know how stupid your argument is yet your bias temporarily stopped you from being able to figure it out.

Somehow everytime someone defends Wilson they do so with an argument that's below the Mendoza line of intelligence.
In almost all my posts on the matter I also said it was Wilson CLEARING THE CREASE. His crosscheck on Buchevnich was poorly placed but everything else about it was completely clean. Panarin jumped in and got ragdolled - his own fault. Strome jumped in and got ragdolled - his own fault.

The truth is the hands in the face and crosschecks to the chest/back happen multiple times a game...Wilson just messed his crosscheck up a bit AND SHOULDVE GOTTEN 1 GAME.

The way NYR handled the situation was a travesty. Like a JV highschool team...all emotion and zero ration. They tried to jump Wilson and failed. They pleaded with the public for support (and got it) only to turn around the next game and do EXACTLY what they said was WRONG.

BTW Buchevnich crosscheck on Mantha was WORSE than Wilson on Buchevnich. Hopefully Wilson has a chat with Buchevnich next year
Case in point

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Biggest problem I had with the Wilson incident was that it was on a pp and was unnecessary given the time and tone of the game up until that point.

Would it have even occurred if Wilson wasn’t on the ice? If it had, then that would have been routine.

Add to that his history as a repeat offender and his disrespect for the game with his asinine showboating in the box and rag dolling a hart trophy candidate (deserved or not) it all added up to a suspension.

In the greater scheme of things I was more upset with the lack of response from the NHL, a game suspension was warranted for any and all of those reasons in addition to preventing the unsightly fist fest that happened the very next game. It put both teams and the officials in a very bad spot.

The greater situation of the scrum may be seen as “routine” but Wilson’s actions previous to it have been anything but and that should have been the driving point of the NHLs discipline.

And of course spittin chix is going to take Wilson’s side on it. Free advertising. When have we ever had a thread about them on this board?

Last edited:

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I've said it before but it's super weird for a guy with a username that includes the name of a guy whose career was ended and whose life was potentially negatively impacted for its remainder by a big but clean hit has no issue at all with goons bouncing people's helmetless heads off the ice after the whistle

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
That's a bunch of bullshit. There are plenty of people who have been watching this game a long time who were upset by what happened.

Seriously I know Islanders fans in their 60s who absolutely hate the Rangers and love "old time hockey" that think what Wilson did is disgusting.

Its decided. Wilson is a piece of shit. Theres no arguing otherwise.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Their reactions would be vastly different if it was David Pastrnak being thrown to the ice, specifically RA and Grinnell.

It's whatever, they have some incredible interviews and content but they are loudly wrong sometimes.
I think one of the issues is they never actually have to worry about or even consider pasta being thrown down like that because the bruins have never really been like wet paper bag as a team. That crap would never be allowed to go over...

As much as we look at Wilson and blame him for what happened (and I'm not excusing him at all) we need to look at the rangers and blame them for it as well bc bullies and tough guys pray on the weaklings and we were a weakling team that got taking advantage off and laughed at...

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
Seriously I know Islanders fans in their 60s who absolutely hate the Rangers and love "old time hockey" that think what Wilson did is disgusting.

Its decided. Wilson is a piece of shit. Theres no arguing otherwise.
Lol, what wilson did is against the code going after a star but it aint close to suspension worthy. The code is to jump his ass and perhaps put their goalie in the first row. Thats all.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It was not routine because of 5 things.

1. He went after a star player.

2. He went after guys who were already on the ice.

3. The Rangers had nobody that could respond.

4. The league made a mistake by not suspending a repeat offender 1-5 games.

5. Wilson is a jerk cheap shot artist.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
So your argument is to ignore all the NHL pros who DID point out how excessive this all was, ignore the fine Wilson got and ignore all the fans who have a problem with it (regardless of how long they played) because this one single podcast trumps them all.
Even a person of low intelligence would know how stupid your argument is yet your bias temporarily stopped you from being able to figure it out.

Somehow everytime someone defends Wilson they do so with an argument that's below the Mendoza line of intelligence.

Case in point

And youre one of the people "barking into the abyss"

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
And youre one of the people "barking into the abyss"
It's not an abyss, it's common sense. No surprise you don't recognize it and it appears to be an intimidating black hole to you.

And it's not barking into it, it's speaking normally about it. Notice how several points were made and you ignored them all? It's bc you know you have no rebuttal so you offered up some lazy, unintelligible and childishly dramatic one liner. Oooooo the abyss!!!! LOL

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
It's not an abyss, it's common sense. No surprise you don't recognize it and it appears to be an intimidating black hole to you.

And it's not barking into it, it's speaking normally about it. Notice how several points were made and you ignored them all? It's bc you know you have no rebuttal so you offered up some lazy, unintelligible and childishly dramatic one liner. Oooooo the abyss!!!! LOL

No sense in feeding your troll behavior.

Wilson did nothing wrong in his "clearing of the crease". His crosscheck was misplaced which couldve been dangerous but wasnt.

Panarin did a VERY DANGEROUS play by jumping on Wilson's back. Ever hears of Todd Bertuzzi or Steve Moore? Had other players jumped on Panarin this couldve been far more dangerous than anything Wilson has done in his career.

Wilson ragdolled Panarin - good.

NYR front office and media appealed to the public that they dont condone violence and feel the NHL made a mistake in Wilson situation.

Next game, NYR instigate 3 fights at puck drop. Literally chase after Wilson and instigate a fight with him. And Buchevnich crosschecks a defenselss player in the face in OPEN ICE. Buchevnich even hides behind refs when said player wants to defend himself...looked just like Panarin from previous game lol

A classic case of "its only a problem when it negatively affects me". GTFOH

Next season hopefully Wilson has a discussion with Buchevnich and/or Panarin and/or Strome :-D

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wilson did nothing wrong in his "clearing of the crease".

Panarin did a VERY DANGEROUS play by jumping on Wilson's back. .
"Clearing the crease" isn't what happened and doesn't address what I said.

PAnarin doing a dangerous move isn't what happened and doesn't address what I said.

So you totally wasted your time typing that.

Next game, NYR instigate 3 fights at puck drop. Literally chase after Wilson and instigate a fight with him.

And Buchevnich crosschecks a defenselss player in the face in OPEN ICE. Buchevnich even hides behind refs when said player wants to defend himself...looked just like Panarin from previous game lolA classic case of "its only a problem when it negatively affects me". GTFOH

Next season hopefully Wilson has a discussion with Buchevnich and/or Panarin and/or Strome :-D

This is idiotic. You have np with Wilson instigating, punching a downed opponent and trying to slam someone's head into the ice after purposely pushing off their helmet.

But you cry about the puck drop fights? You're not being honest. You just decided to blindly defend Wilson no matter what, to the point where you come off like a whiny hypocrite.

You're defending the Wilson hit but then you cry about the Buch crosscheck. Buch got a suspension for it as he should've. I don't see anywhere that I said he shouldn't have been suspended. Yet you're pretending I did.

Wilson already had a discussion through text. Guess you missed it. Seems like your MO

Also I reiterate the following bc you didn't address it

"So your argument is to ignore all the NHL pros who DID point out how excessive this all was, ignore the fine Wilson got and ignore all the fans who have a problem with it (regardless of how long they played) because this one single podcast trumps them all." Of course I wrote that as a response to an argument defending Wilson. One which you of course agreed with

Reactions: WojtekWolski86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->