OT: Spittin Chiclets state the Tom Wilson scrum was routine

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
A single podcast named for spitting out broken teeth hosted by hockey dudebros thinks what Wilson did was fine.

Whatever.
One of the most listened to podcasts in the world and the top hockey podcast run by guys who played in the show. Yeah nbd. You know more

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Their reactions would be vastly different if it was David Pastrnak being thrown to the ice, specifically RA and Grinnell.

It's whatever, they have some incredible interviews and content but they are loudly wrong sometimes.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
One of the most listened to podcasts in the world and the top hockey podcast run by guys who played in the show. Yeah nbd. You know more
Do we have to go over the endless examples of the most popular versions of X thing not being high quality?

You and them can have an opinion. Other people can disagree. The idea that anyone who disagrees with you is doing it out of ignorance is silly.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I mean Tom Wilson is their boy and they have the luxury of expressing their opinion knowing that Panarin isn't seriously hurt.

If you expected them to have a non controversial opinion or rail on Wilson than you haven't listened to them much.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I said the same thing a week ago. I don't think this is a hot take. My issue with the scrum is that there was no reason for it, beyond the fact that Wilson is a mongoloid who dials it up to a 11 after the whistle because just playing the game of hockey is apparently too boring for him. Up to that moment, there was absolutely no tension between the teams and the game was a snoozefest. Buchnevich pokes after a loose puck in the crease--and here we are one week and 100 PIMs later discussing the culture of the sport. Again, in a vacuum the scrum was fine. Just no reason for it and that's my issue with Wilson.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

McDonalds sells the most hamburgers by a wide margin.

I haven't eaten one since 1989 because they're poison and I feel like freeze dried dog shit 10 minutes after I eat one.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
How do you know it’s not funny if you’ve never listened?
Existing in the hockey world, you see samples of their content, but I've never actually sought out an episode of it and I wouldn't.

Bissonnette picks fights with people so he can tell them he played in the NHL and Whitney has been telling people they're triggered for the last seven years.

If you want to listen to two bros who used to be mediocre athletes have the same conversation over and over again, you could sit in any bar and get it with less arrogance and alcohol on standby just in case.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
In almost all my posts on the matter I also said it was Wilson CLEARING THE CREASE. His crosscheck on Buchevnich was poorly placed but everything else about it was completely clean. Panarin jumped in and got ragdolled - his own fault. Strome jumped in and got ragdolled - his own fault.

The truth is the hands in the face and crosschecks to the chest/back happen multiple times a game...Wilson just messed his crosscheck up a bit AND SHOULDVE GOTTEN 1 GAME.

The way NYR handled the situation was a travesty. Like a JV highschool team...all emotion and zero ration. They tried to jump Wilson and failed. They pleaded with the public for support (and got it) only to turn around the next game and do EXACTLY what they said was WRONG.

BTW Buchevnich crosscheck on Mantha was WORSE than Wilson on Buchevnich. Hopefully Wilson has a chat with Buchevnich next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->