OT: Severe Weather Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
snow bands gathering strength now, watch for heavy snows to develop for the next several hours...gusty winds, maybe thunder...

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
snow bands gathering strength now, watch for heavy snows to develop for the next several hours...gusty winds, maybe thunder...

Isnt it incredible? Just one day ago, we were lucky to get 8 inches without some rain. Today? A hurricane strength storm with snow.

And like you said, this is really going to get wild soon. Expect half a foot in 3 hours.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
massive band about to come onshore into suffolk, 3-5" per hour snowfall rates likely in eastern suffolk...band expanding westard might clip eastern nassau...just...ridiculous.

1calledsteve

Dec 17, 2013
Long Island
Finished the first round d of shoveling. Close to a foot about an hour ago. So far no localized flodding by me. (I'm about 1/4 mile from the bay, 1 Mike from the ocean.)

Dog loves the snow so always look at the bright side.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Finished the first round d of shoveling. Close to a foot about an hour ago. So far no localized flodding by me. (I'm about 1/4 mile from the bay, 1 Mike from the ocean.)

Dog loves the snow so always look at the bright side.

My son will get to sleigh ride for the first time hopefully so that will be cool. I will just be happy once the winds start to settle down in a few hours.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
My son will get to sleigh ride for the first time hopefully so that will be cool. I will just be happy once the winds start to settle down in a few hours.

I took my daughter out while I did some snowblowing (not the kind Cappy does) and quickly took her back in. The wind was really intense. I can deal with it later.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
14 by me now. Around 11:30am there was an intense amount of snowfall here. Basically picked up 5 inches of snow in 2 1/2 hours.

Menwithouthat tricks

Dec 25, 2002
Visit site
Game postponement is awkward - Isles have a very compressed schedule in March and heavy in February. The only day available that works for both teams is February 22nd. (February 21st on president's day weekend and tomorrow doesn't work because the Nets are at Barclays both those days). So the alternatives are February 22nd, or reschedule February 21st at another site (the Coliseum?), or reschedule some Nets games.

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
Game postponement is awkward - Isles have a very compressed schedule in March and heavy in February. The only day available that works for both teams is February 22nd. (February 21st on president's day weekend and tomorrow doesn't work because the Nets are at Barclays both those days). So the alternatives are February 22nd, or reschedule February 21st at another site (the Coliseum?), or reschedule some Nets games.

There's a big amount of work going on at the old barn, can't do that.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Maybe they'll put it in Philly if they can't get it in at BK? Or they could change the start time to another game to allow them a window to do a back to back that falls within the CBA rules? Haven't checked the schedules, so I'm just spitballing. Maybe we don't see this game until April.

1calledsteve

Dec 17, 2013
Long Island
Pushing close to 20" in south east LI. Can't be too accurate due to blowing snow. Heavier bands are coming and going, seems like sustained winds have died a little but heavy random gusts are still prevalent.

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
Isnt it incredible? Just one day ago, we were lucky to get 8 inches without some rain. Today? A hurricane strength storm with snow.

And like you said, this is really going to get wild soon. Expect half a foot in 3 hours.

Never, ever again will I listen to any other "expert" regarding a potential storm. You have been dead on since the middle of the week. You are the go to source. Take a bow!

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Pushing 2 feet in smithtown. The storm is absolutely cranking right now. Expect thunder snow soon widespread over LI and lightning in these bands. Go hang outside and bring your camera and enjoy it!

These are 3 in per hour bands right now. Storm is just roaring right now and this is with 2 feet island wide already. Another foot will come from these bands.

Those in brooklyn, long beach and the city: real fear of flooding as high tide rolls in. Hudson 4 ft above normal right now and thats without the tide. This is the part that gets dangerous. Wildwood NJ under water. Pier at atlantic city is under water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad