OT: Severe Weather Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslesBeBack*

Hi all,

I'm a big weather buff. We are going to get pounded by snow. Some models as of early this morning show that the North Shore of LI could get 20 inches of snow.

Hope everyone is prepared. Do the little things today :)

/For the record, it could be more than 20 inches in some isolated areas. To take it a step further, I'm almost positive some local areas will see higher than 20 inches. This is one of the most powerful winter storms we've had in a decade. It will be a fast mover through Saturday and clear up Saturday night. The dig out starts Sunday! Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
We got over 2 feet in NJ at least 3 times in the past 4 years, so this is nothing new.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Urgh. I'm seeing Book of Mormons on Friday night and was going to wait till Saturday morning to the the LIRR to Long Island and take care of a few things. I'm without cable and internet in my apartment still. I can't be buried in there!!!!

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
If the weather goes the way they feel it will, I don't think that game gets played Saturday.
If I remember correctly big blizzard 7-9 years ago and isles played anyway they just have everyone who went (had to be 7-8 thousand) tickets to another game. I remember I was there and u could hear players yelling on the ice

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
How is this looking for southern CT? I'm in Fairfield county.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
If I remember correctly big blizzard 7-9 years ago and isles played anyway they just have everyone who went (had to be 7-8 thousand) tickets to another game. I remember I was there and u could hear players yelling on the ice

Versus Chicago, the concessions were giving away free coffee and hot choclate. The Kept anouncing that it was open seating and you could sit where ever you wanted. I remember that game fondly we won 6-2 or something around that.

My dad was driving a dodge ramcharger with a lift kit and we parked on top of a snow bank because we thought it would be fun.

GOOD TIMES...Good times.

EDIT; And they gave us Free tickets to another game.

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
CT is supposed to get nailed (12" to 24") not as bad as Boston who at last glance were expecting 28" or so.

Yeah, I'm doing cartwheels over here in Beantown. The news is just getting worse and worse over here. I'm praying that we only get like 15 inches at this point and that's starting to look iffy.

The Isles better win tonight or I'm going to be pissed.

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
Versus Chicago, the concessions were giving away free coffee and hot choclate. The Kept anouncing that it was open seating and you could sit where ever you wanted. I remember that game fondly we won 6-2 or something around that.

My dad was driving a dodge ramcharger with a lift kit and we parked on top of a snow bank because we thought it would be fun.

GOOD TIMES...Good times.

EDIT; And they gave us Free tickets to another game.

Yeah that's the game I'm talking about

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
This sucks I'm going down to Washington this weekend to catch a random Capitals/Panthers game and check out the Verizon center.. Was leaving early Saturday might just head out a day early now..

They'll play the game.. They also played a couple years ago against the habs around Christmas while it was snowing out, over a foot, there was like 5,000 people there and about 4,300 of them were Canadiens fans.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
should be interesting given they are still working on my house and there is still some temporary plywood in one area.

time to get out the sled and snow dogs... will do my best to get there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad