OT - Ottawa Fury FC Canadian Championship Schedule

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
NASL institutes a major format change in its post-season.

http://www.nasl.com/article/uuid/19...-to-compete-for-the-championship#.Uw-23vl_vaU

Now both the winners of the Spring and Fall seasons + the top two teams with the most points over the course of both seasons make it to the playoffs. A pair of semi-finals will then determine the two teams that will play in the final NASL Championship game.

Sounds interesting if a little complex. My preference would be to ditch the Spring/Fall season format and replace it with a simple single conference full season system. Top 4 teams make the playoffs period.

Still, this way there's no real way for a team to be 'out of it' until September...

Looks like Ottawa's playoff chances just drastically improved! :handclap:

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Budweiser announced as official beer sponsor of the Fury, Redblacks, and 67s.

Was hoping for something closer to home but this is fine. At least they'll have Keiths! :yo:

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news/de...-announce-multi-year-partnership#.Uw5EYPl_vaU

Unsurprising, but that still sucks. I'm a 67's ticket holder and every year they ask me for feedback and every year I say they should have local micros like Beau's, Big Rig, Beyond the Pail, Mill St. whatever… Kind of like what they did serving Golden Palace Egg Rolls, but with beer.

If you go to AA ballparks in the U.S. they typically have good selections of local (and non-local) microbrews.

Might work out best for my wallet though. It's cheaper to drink at home.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Unsurprising, but that still sucks. I'm a 67's ticket holder and every year they ask me for feedback and every year I say they should have local micros like Beau's, Big Rig, Beyond the Pail, Mill St. whatever… Kind of like what they did serving Golden Palace Egg Rolls, but with beer.

If you go to AA ballparks in the U.S. they typically have good selections of local (and non-local) microbrews.

OSEG Corporate just tweeted yesterday they are in negotiations with local brewers to ensure plenty of craft beers are on site....

OSEG ‏@OSEG_Corporate 17h
@dougedey We will have craft beers, but have not yet entered into an agreement with a local brewery.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com

People have to remember that this is a business. I'm sure Bud is paying a lot of money to be the official beer sponsor. That means more money for the teams, which means more money to spend and good players. As long as they have a couple of options for craft beer, I'll be happy. Because at the end of the day, I would rather have a good team on the field than good beer at the game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Getting more and more excited for this team. :) I can't really tell because their online shop is under construction, but they'll have their kits for sale right? I don't like t-shirts. I'll be picking up a jersey and a scarf before the season starts I hope.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
OSEG Corporate just tweeted yesterday they are in negotiations with local brewers to ensure plenty of craft beers are on site....

OSEG ‏@OSEG_Corporate 17h
@dougedey We will have craft beers, but have not yet entered into an agreement with a local brewery.

That's great. The agreements with the big breweries are often exclusive, but if this one isn't then that's good news.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Getting more and more excited for this team. :) I can't really tell because their online shop is under construction, but they'll have their kits for sale right? I don't like t-shirts. I'll be picking up a jersey and a scarf before the season starts I hope.

They will but they're working on the sponsorship deal for the jersey. It will be done by Admiral but they need a sponsor on the front of the kit first. Should be pretty soon though.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa

Yah I took a look at a few other NASL teams' online stores and they have all kinds of merch for sale from jerseys ('shirts' in European parlance btw) to snow globes so I expect the same from the Fury.

I'm gonna be grabbing a Richie Ryan jersey + scarf asap.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah that blog is great, nice for people to read -- though isn't Minatel a winger?

Is that formation at the end a guess or has there been any indication as to what formation the manager is keen on playing? Does MDS not run a 4 - 3 - 3?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Fury FC Unveil Training Camp Roster

OFFICIAL ROSTER
GK – Chad Bush
GK – Marcel DeBellis
D – Ramon Soria Alonso
D – Drew Beckie
D – Omar Jarun
D – Andres Fresenga
D – Maykon Araujo
M – Nicki Paterson
M – Richie Ryan
M – Sinisa Ubiparipovic
M – Mauro Eustaquio
M – Hamza Elias
M – Philippe Davies
F – Tom Heinemann
F – Oliver Minatel
F – Carl Haworth
F – Pierre-Rudolph Mayard

TRIALISTS
D – Edmund Amadeo
D – Jean Philippe Etienne
D – Adrian LeRoy
D – Kevin Cossette
M – Kenny Caceros
M – Sandro Rajkovic
M – Felipe Da Costa

FURY FC U20 ACADEMY PLAYERS
GK – Nicholas Jeffs
M – Mitchell O’Brien
F – Thierry Foucher Lemay

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news/de...y-fc-unveil-training-camp-roster#.UxDS884lvDA

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Wow. Seeing that training camp roster makes it feel so real. Summer pro sports in Ottawa... gonna take some time to get used to. :nod:

Yeah that blog is great, nice for people to read -- though isn't Minatel a winger?

Is that formation at the end a guess or has there been any indication as to what formation the manager is keen on playing? Does MDS not run a 4 - 3 - 3?

Pretty sure this was his go to while with the Montreal Impact. I predict a lot of ground game with a strong emphasis on set play performance. Heinemann will be perfect for heading in those long corner kicks.

I think we have a pretty competitive team here guys.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Do we know yet if the football lines will still be present during soccer matches?

Yep we do! OSEG has confirmed and re-affirmed many times that there will be NO football lines during soccer games and vice versa.

It's the type of field they're using + some new kind of spray on field paint that can be easily removed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad