OT - Ottawa Fury FC Canadian Championship Schedule

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Heinnemann is exactly what we needed. And adding some mls experience to the midfield is never bad. Good signings. These two will be at the 67s game tomorrow night for an introduction or something. Fury season ticket holders got free tix to the game.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Both great additions. Tom Heinemann especially.

Check out his work in MLS:

This is not a minor league team by any definition.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
seriously. they`re adding good experienced players.
hopefuly the fans show up and team performs well.

and one day Ottawa joins the MLS, but yeah one step at the time.
the team starting to look good on paper.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
I think we have a strong enough team to really challenge Edmonton for that critical Canadian championship spot against Montreal Impact. Hell we might have something to say about moving on past the semis with this roster!

Stranger things have happened!

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
I do not like the name "Fury" MLS and other leagues in north America already full with over the top childlike names. :shakehead I do not want a name like this to be part of the football legacy on the professional level in Ottawa. FC Ottawa will do just fine. Or FC Bytown

Care less for red blacks or whatever they come up with again. Canadian rules football should be banned forever in Ottawa on a professional level. Waste of time and money when there is NFL. Americans adopted Stanley Cup as their own, why we can not adopt super bowl and put a NFL franchise in Toronto?

I am sure, I am not the only one who would buy season tickets to see professional football, but was turned down by the name of Fury. Fury this........:rant:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What? What's wrong with the name?

Anyway, I'm excited for the upcoming season. Hoping to get out and watch the majority of the home games...maybe even grab season tickets.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
I do not like the name "Fury" MLS and other leagues in north America already full with over the top childlike names. :shakehead I do not want a name like this to be part of the football legacy on the professional level in Ottawa. FC Ottawa will do just fine. Or FC Bytown

Care less for red blacks or whatever they come up with again. Canadian rules football should be banned forever in Ottawa on a professional level. Waste of time and money when there is NFL. Americans adopted Stanley Cup as their own, why we can not adopt super bowl and put a NFL franchise in Toronto?

I am sure, I am not the only one who would buy season tickets to see professional football, but was turned down by the name of Fury. Fury this........:rant:

Pretty weak reasoning for not supporting the club just because of the name. I think the name is awesome and im absolutely pumped for the season.

As to the cfl comment...yah id prefer ripping my own finger nails out than watching more than a few quartera of that over-commercialized snore fest. Nothing better than 3 down football.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com

That is all full of ridiculous! Not liking a team for the name? THAT is childish.

Maybe you could care less about the CFL but what about all the other cities not named Toronto. How are they suppose watch live football if Canada has only a team in Toronto?

Nobody is making you watch the CFL or the RedBlacks so I don't understand why this is an issue. I for one will be going to all Fury games and I'll try to make it to a couple of RedBlacks games.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

I think that is too bad as you seem to be an ideal fit in that you seem to be furious about many things.

george8it

Jul 19, 2012

Maybe you should think about moving to Toronto? Or maybe to an American city with an acceptable name?:shakehead

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's not like there aren't many professional football clubs with non-city names anyway. Ajax FC is a great example of an extremely successful club that is named after a character from the Illiad lol.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
2 more players
http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/02/19/fury-sign-ottawa-goalie-chad-bush-prep-for-camp

Roster

Goalkeeper: Marcel DeBellis, Chad Bush

Defenders: Ramon Soria, Omar Jarun, Andrés Fresenga, Drew Beckie

Midfielders: Nicki Paterson, Richie Ryan, Mauro Eustaquio, Hamza Elias, Maykon, Sinisa Ubiparipovic

Forwards: Oliver Minatel, Carl Haworth, Tom Heinemann, Pierre-Rudolph Mayard

Pre-season schedule

March 15: vs York University at Complexe Branchaud-Briere, 7:30 p.m.
March 21: vs Rochester Rhinos (USL PRO) at Rochester, 7 p.m.
March 29: vs Syracuse University at Complexe Branchaud-Briere, 7:30 p.m.
April 2: vs Floridians FC at KICS Sports Complex, TBD
April 5: vs FIU at KICS Sports Complex, TBD

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

This post embodies why the Ottawa sports scene sucks.

'OMG I don't like the name! I'm not supporting the team.'

:shakehead

I'd rather not have Fury in there and RebBlacks is a bit silly, but that's the way things go.

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Who is the biggest name/ best player on this roster?

Hmm.. hard to say, as most of us have not really seen them play often. Tom Heinemann is well known because he played in the MLS. A lot of them have played either with team Canada (including U-17 and U-20) and a lot have UEFA cup experience. Richie Ryan played with the Shamrock Rovers in the Irish Premier League and Dundee United in the Scottish Premier League. Minatel played in the SuperLiga (portugal) and in UEFA CUP with Icelandic team FH Hafnarfjordur. He should be one to watch. Paterson was a USL star.

So yeah, no superstar per say, but all around solid players, I think.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Who is the biggest name/ best player on this roster?

Definitely Fresenga, Maykon, Heinemann, Minatel and Richie Ryan.

Ryan played a few games for Sunderland in the English Premier League (yes THE English Premier League). The rest have top top level experience in Europe/South/North America.

Personally looking forward to grabbing my Richie Ryan jersey. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad