OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread (some high number). Pizza, things, and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Got a job interview coming up and I've decided to spice up my normal ensemble.

Where are some good places for a variety of ties at decent prices? Moore's charges 55 god damn dollars for one.

Value Village lol. That's where most of my ties are from. Usually can find ones that are essentially brand new (not even scuffed up).

If that's not your thing or if you just want new ones, Hudson's Bay actually has decent sales every once in a while, as does Simon's.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Chris Cornell one of the all-time effing greats. Seen him in concert twice during 2 phases in his career, his more pop-y solo stuff and a few years later for a Soudngarden reunion. To this date by far the LOUDEST concert I've seen, more so than Tool, Pearl Jam, ect... very impressive for a bunch of old guys.

It's funny, I was at the gym last night and "Getaway Car" came on the iPod, a deep track from Audioslaves debut album, and my favorite song they ever did, and up there with anything Chris did and I thought "wow haven't listened to this song is so long, damn it's good".

You will be missed Chris. Say Hello to Heaven.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
That's awesome. I'm definitely going to try for a room upgrade. An ocean view at least. My buddy suggested a rule of thumb of 1 drink per hour, though I could see me pushing that to 2 per hour. In my 20's I could drink very heavily, but I've cut back on drinking for the past few years (and cut completely the past few months) as I've focused on working out hard so I'm not sure what my tolerance level will be. Either way though I'll make sure to have a good time.

You will be fine 1 drink an hour easily puts you in the 12-15 a day.

My last time Mexico (cancun) I think me and my buddies probably averaged 15-20 a day at the resort and that was just casual before we went out a night.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Chris Cornell one of the all-time effing greats. Seen him in concert twice during 2 phases in his career, his more pop-y solo stuff and a few years later for a Soudngarden reunion. To this date by far the LOUDEST concert I've seen, more so than Tool, Pearl Jam, ect... very impressive for a bunch of old guys.

It's funny, I was at the gym last night and "Getaway Car" came on the iPod, a deep track from Audioslaves debut album, and my favorite song they ever did, and up there with anything Chris did and I thought "wow haven't listened to this song is so long, damn it's good".

You will be missed Chris. Say Hello to Heaven.

Soundgarden was fantastic, was never the biggest audioslave fan. Cornells range though amazing second only to Freddy for me for rock frontmen.

Roberto Lu bongo

Apr 14, 2016
That's awesome. I'm definitely going to try for a room upgrade. An ocean view at least. My buddy suggested a rule of thumb of 1 drink per hour, though I could see me pushing that to 2 per hour. In my 20's I could drink very heavily, but I've cut back on drinking for the past few years (and cut completely the past few months) as I've focused on working out hard so I'm not sure what my tolerance level will be. Either way though I'll make sure to have a good time.

I'd recommend taking a travel mug or a cheap plastic cup with lid and straw from a dollar store and have your drinks at the resort made in them. Works much better than getting your drinks in the tiny plastic cups most all-inclusive's give out

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I'd recommend taking a travel mug or a cheap plastic cup with lid and straw from a dollar store and have your drinks at the resort made in them. Works much better than getting your drinks in the tiny plastic cups most all-inclusive's give out

Thanks. I've heard a few people recommend this. Normally I'd feel weird about asking them to fill up my own cup but I suppose it's probably pretty common.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Thanks. I've heard a few people recommend this. Normally I'd feel weird about asking them to fill up my own cup but I suppose it's probably pretty common.

It's a good idea most all inclusive give you cups that hold like 200-250ml so you go through drinks fast.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Soundgarden was fantastic, was never the biggest audioslave fan. Cornells range though amazing second only to Freddy for me for rock frontmen.

Audioslave's first album I'd put up there with Superunknown or Bad Motorfinger. The next 2 weren't quite as good, but a few gems in there anyways, Your Time has Come, Man or Animal and Moth were fantastic tracks, but those albums had a little more fluff.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Brutal news about pemberton. Feel bad for anyone who got screwed by that.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I was even thinking about getting tickets to Pemberton this year, but didn't like the lineup so I decided against it. Glad I did. Damn.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Joke concept I saw

It's ugly, disgusting, a disgrace, embarrassing....I want it.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
NO! NO NO NO. That only works on the late 80's jerseys. The red one looks off like that. And I like the red one most. Although I like the whites pants combo more.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I was born in the 90s, didn't grow up during that time. But what really got me into music and eventually got me playing guitar was grunge. I loved that sound, I remember trying to learn Black Hole Sun in my infancy of guitar playing. I wasn't the biggest Soundgarden fan, but grew to respect them musically into eventually owning and loving Superunkown.

But honestly, mental health is a problem that has gone unaddressed for quite some while at least in Western culture. We've all got demons to some extent, I suppose. I've got my own I've been dealing with recently, so the news today was perturbing. To some extent I was upset. Hard to see someone who put so much into the world and had a family still lose the war. Damn.

R.I.P.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Brutal news about pemberton. Feel bad for anyone who got screwed by that.

Rumours around Pemberton were that the backers hadn't got paid & were looking for their money asap. That was in early March before the constant delays in the line up. They knew they weren't going to hold a festival this year & stole people's money. Plain & simple.

Love what it has done for tourism in my hometown but Huka Entertainment ran this festival in the absolute worst way possible! Their social media was Garbage (delayed line ups, making you guess artists playing, sarcastic/GIF responses to legit questions...etc)

Last year was an absolute s*** show & they planned to exand even more for 2017. Kinda glad it's not happening because the amount of ODs would have been too much.

Go visit Pemberton though Y2k! It's worth it even without the hoards of people & live shows.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Rumours around Pemberton were that the backers hadn't got paid & were looking for their money asap. That was in early March before the constant delays in the line up. They knew they weren't going to hold a festival this year & stole people's money. Plain & simple.

Love what it has done for tourism in my hometown but Huka Entertainment ran this festival in the absolute worst way possible! Their social media was Garbage (delayed line ups, making you guess artists playing, sarcastic/GIF responses to legit questions...etc)

Last year was an absolute s*** show & they planned to exand even more for 2017. Kinda glad it's not happening because the amount of ODs would have been too much.

Go visit Pemberton though Y2k! It's worth it even without the hoards of people & live shows.

Yeah I've been up there, about 10 years ago. Went horseback riding and had a blast.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Got a job interview coming up and I've decided to spice up my normal ensemble.

Where are some good places for a variety of ties at decent prices? Moore's charges 55 god damn dollars for one.

You can probably find a few good ties for fairly cheap over at The Bay. It seems like every time I pop in to the one at Metrotown, they have a few things on sale for dirt cheap.

Le Chateau is another option but it's not going to be that much cheaper than Moore's. Still, I've found that the stuff there is pretty good quality for the price.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The marketing for Pemberton was brutal. Migos is one of the most popular acts out there right now, and they had like listed like 17th or 18th in their lineup behind a bunch of no-namers. I'm not even a fan of theirs, but that's just bad business. Other popular acts buried, too.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
The marketing for Pemberton was brutal. Migos is one of the most popular acts out there right now, and they had like listed like 17th or 18th in their lineup behind a bunch of no-namers. I'm not even a fan of theirs, but that's just bad business. Other popular acts buried, too.

I remember looking at the lineup and just thinking..."who?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad