OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread (some high number). Pizza, things, and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
What happened to Gillette Drafted? Doesn't that fat Italian guy on Sportsnet do that show anymore?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yup. What do you want to know?

Going there for 4 nights, obviously not a ton of time to do a lot of excursions, but any suggestions on must do's? Current plan is to spend some time on the resort and maybe do a camel riding excursion. Staying at the Riu Santa Fe which seems like a party resort. Is it worth it going into town for the night life?

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Going there for 4 nights, obviously not a ton of time to do a lot of excursions, but any suggestions on must do's? Current plan is to spend some time on the resort and maybe do a camel riding excursion. Staying at the Riu Santa Fe which seems like a party resort. Is it worth it going into town for the night life?

Just drink and eat. **** the camels. Well, don't **** them...I mean, don't bother with them.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Just googled that and it's a bit out of town so you'll need a taxi to get anywhere. We were at Sunset Beach which was even further out the other way but rented a car which was a brilliant investment - especially cos it lets you take a day and go up to Todos Santos which is this awesome laid-back surf town about 45 mins away.

Probably worth going into town for one night at least. The downtown isn't that big but there's a pile of clubs in a couple-block radius on the main strip and they go off pretty good.

We were generally cheap and explored and sat on beaches with beer more than doing excursions we had to pay for, but the one thing we did do was a pirate ship booze cruise - was like $80 I think and had an open bar and got trolleyed and the scenery was beautiful. Great way to see the Arches which are a pretty big sightseeing deal there.

If you're going snorkelling or looking for beaches, the best close beach is Bahia Santa Maria which is prob a 5 minute taxi ride from your resort and well worth it. Just a beautiful small horeseshoe-shaped bay with heaps of fish swimming around the reefs.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Just googled that and it's a bit out of town so you'll need a taxi to get anywhere. We were at Sunset Beach which was even further out the other way but rented a car which was a brilliant investment - especially cos it lets you take a day and go up to Todos Santos which is this awesome laid-back surf town about 45 mins away.

Probably worth going into town for one night at least. The downtown isn't that big but there's a pile of clubs in a couple-block radius on the main strip and they go off pretty good.

We were generally cheap and explored and sat on beaches with beer more than doing excursions we had to pay for, but the one thing we did do was a pirate ship booze cruise - was like $80 I think and had an open bar and got trolleyed and the scenery was beautiful. Great way to see the Arches which are a pretty big sightseeing deal there.

If you're going snorkelling or looking for beaches, the best close beach is Bahia Santa Maria which is prob a 5 minute taxi ride from your resort and well worth it. Just a beautiful small horeseshoe-shaped bay with heaps of fish swimming around the reefs.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I saw that pirate ship cruise and was on the fence about it, bit thinking I'll probably end up doing it. Like you say, good way to get in the arches so might as well.

This will be my first time at any all inclusive. My trips usually consist of weekends in Vegas, or backpacking Europe for a couple of weeks so this will be a nice change.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Literally just was there in Jan... Its def a party resort. The town is more touristy than partying. At least compared to cancun.
Dont go to the palace side of the resort. It'll ruin the experience of the cheap side lol.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008

Haven't been in years , but the booze cruise is good, for nightlife in town El squid Roe sticks out in my memory.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Literally just was there in Jan... Its def a party resort. The town is more touristy than partying. At least compared to cancun.
Dont go to the palace side of the resort. It'll ruin the experience of the cheap side lol.

LOL. Yeah booking at the Palace would have been $200USD more per person. Decided to cheap out a bit this time.

Are you aware if the $20 trick works to get free room upgrades? I know it's hit or miss in Vegas, but curious if I should even bother trying in Cabo.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I saw that pirate ship cruise and was on the fence about it, bit thinking I'll probably end up doing it. Like you say, good way to get in the arches so might as well.

This will be my first time at any all inclusive. My trips usually consist of weekends in Vegas, or backpacking Europe for a couple of weeks so this will be a nice change.

All inclusive is the ****. :laugh: Don't know if it's actually cost effective, but after doing it a couple times I'm never going anywhere without it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
All inclusive is the ****. :laugh: Don't know if it's actually cost effective, but after doing it a couple times I'm never going anywhere without it.

Well air + 4 nights for my girl and I cost us $723USD per person. I'm sure I can make back some of that with my drinks. And comparing what I spend in Vegas on a 4 night trip (over $2k easy) this was a cheaper option.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Well air + 4 nights for my girl and I cost us $723USD per person. I'm sure I can make back some of that with my drinks. And comparing what I spend in Vegas on a 4 night trip (over $2k easy) this was a cheaper option.

Nice!

Yeah man haha. Last time I went to Mexico I probably averaged 12 drinks per day/night; and I'm hardly a heavy drinker normally. They started handing out mojitos at breakfast lol. At $200/night including airfare, booze alone basically made up half of that. Add unlimited meals (gained a few pounds that week but whatever) and it's a no-brainer. Definitely was worth the extra ~$50/night to upgrade to all-inclusive.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Nice!

Yeah man haha. Last time I went to Mexico I probably averaged 12 drinks per day/night; and I'm hardly a heavy drinker normally. They started handing out mojitos at breakfast lol. At $200/night including airfare, booze alone basically made up half of that. Add unlimited meals (gained a few pounds that week but whatever) and it's a no-brainer. Definitely was worth the extra ~$50/night to upgrade to all-inclusive.

That's awesome. I'm definitely going to try for a room upgrade. An ocean view at least. My buddy suggested a rule of thumb of 1 drink per hour, though I could see me pushing that to 2 per hour. In my 20's I could drink very heavily, but I've cut back on drinking for the past few years (and cut completely the past few months) as I've focused on working out hard so I'm not sure what my tolerance level will be. Either way though I'll make sure to have a good time.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Got a job interview coming up and I've decided to spice up my normal ensemble.

Where are some good places for a variety of ties at decent prices? Moore's charges 55 god damn dollars for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad