OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread (some high number). Pizza, things, and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
as a foot canvasser you meet some great dogs at respondents' doorsteps, here's my all-dog team from the last two months

-four-month-old chocolate labrador puppy
-four-month-old blue staffordshire bull terrier puppy
-elderly black labrador, "pepper"
-german shepherd / australian cattle dog rescue
-great dane-sized weimaraner
-english bulldog
-rottweiler who sauntered out of hostile respondent's door to lick my hand, and ignored her orders to bite me

i don't think i've ever seen a weimaraner in person until this canvassing assignment, i only remember them from those william wegman segments

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I ordered panago last night and put thin slice on my order.

It was delivered original hand tossed.

Panago has failed the first test of #pizzadebate2k17

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Following the sushi discussion... I just don't get it, how can you have a 'best sushi' ranking? I love sushi bit it's all made from the same basic components. I mean if you're serving raw fish other than being served fresh from the ocean there's not a whole lot you can do with it.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Weirdest dog ever is easily the Afghan Hound.

maxresdefault.jpg

I remember first finding one with my friends in English Bay while slightly drunk -- couldn't stop laughing.

Last edited:

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Following the sushi discussion... I just don't get it, how can you have a 'best sushi' ranking? I love sushi bit it's all made from the same basic components. I mean if you're serving raw fish other than being served fresh from the ocean there's not a whole lot you can do with it.

Rolls have a large variance in quality, cuts, composition, sizing, uniformity ect.

Same with sashimi some places serve it too thin, some places to big, some you get and it's too cold or too warm.

The there is the other foods gyoza tempura ect, and sides like spicy sauces for the sashimi or rolls.

Also creativity in regards to special rolls.

There is a ton a variance between places.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

I remember ordering a thin slice pizza once from like, pizza hut or something
And the slices were like 2mm thick or something ridiculous, and the pizza was small (for a large pizza)
It looked absolutely pitiful, but it was probably one of the tastiest pizzas I've ever had

Thin slice is weird yo

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I remember ordering a thin slice pizza once from like, pizza hut or something
And the slices were like 2mm thick or something ridiculous, and the pizza was small (for a large pizza)
It looked absolutely pitiful, but it was probably one of the tastiest pizzas I've ever had

Thin slice is weird yo

Oddly enough Ive never seen the same issue from pizza hut

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

Couldn't the same be said for a Steak or Fish and Chips? But there are definitely places known for being better/worse than others.

The subtlties make a big difference in sushi. You can have bad sushi very easily. So consistency plays a huge part. Freshness, as well. But most places have a variety of specialty rolls where the chefs get really creative with the toppings and sauces. My all-time favorite roll is the Crazy Boy from Mega Sushi, it is a deep-fried California Roll with the most amazing sweet/spicy sauce drizzled on top.

Yeah, if you were comparing a simple tuna roll really the only factor is how fresh or bad it tastes.

Rolls have a large variance in quality, cuts, composition, sizing, uniformity ect.

Same with sashimi some places serve it too thin, some places to big, some you get and it's too cold or too warm.

The there is the other foods gyoza tempura ect, and sides like spicy sauces for the sashimi or rolls.

Also creativity in regards to special rolls.

There is a ton a variance between places.

Or what Bam said.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I either saw Willie D driving through Castlegar yesterday or it was his doppelganger. Was in a black Lincoln Navigator with West Van dealership plates

Likwit19

Nov 14, 2015
Weirdest dog ever is easily the Afghan Hound.

maxresdefault.jpg

I remember first finding one with my friends in English Bay while slightly drunk -- couldn't stop laughing.

Sort of has a Barry Gibb / disco vibe, doesn't it?

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015

If you order thin crust, they just run out and buy a Delissio Thin Crust Pizza from Superstore and then cook it and charge you double. Were the stores closed when you ordered?

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
If you order thin crust, they just run out and buy a Delissio Thin Crust Pizza from Superstore and then cook it and charge you double. Were the stores closed when you ordered?

It was 7 I think

Speaking of pizza, I wonder if we could petition sbisa to change his goal song to "Amore"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad