OT Non-Ski Resort Thread Part ∞+2: Who would win? The sun or a trillion lions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Too much Shatner? No such thing. Every day should start with Shatner riding a beaver down the Rideau Canal in a Mountie uniform singing Oh Canada and chugging maple syrup.

Agreed...
But only if he does not "sing".
:laugh:

His covers make my poetry feel like works of arts...
On par with The Odyssey and The Iliad...
Even if they were pretty...
pretty...
Close to begin with.
;)

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I love Fassbender's portrayal of Magneto, it's a very good young angry version of McKellen's Magneto before he got older and wiser.
Based on the trailers, I'm thinking this is where DC should've gone with Luther in the upcoming Batman v Superman flick instead of what appears we'll get (again based on what I've seen on the trailers).

BoHorvat53

Crabs!
Mar 29, 2010
British Columbia
Anyone know where I can buy a soccer jersey beside the obvious places Sport Chek, Footlocker and Champs? Online works too, as long as it's not fake

And any suggestions on names? Leaning towards Messi or Neymar. I have no idea if he likes Ronaldo, any other good superstars I should consider?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Simple starter questions - what's his favorite team or what league does he watch or follow the most? Also, what's his background?

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Anyone know where I can buy a soccer jersey beside the obvious places Sport Chek, Footlocker and Champs? Online works too, as long as it's not fake

And any suggestions on names? Leaning towards Messi or Neymar. I have no idea if he likes Ronaldo, any other good superstars I should consider?

I bought mine from http://www.vancitysports.com/soccer/. Ran me around $130.00 for the new 2015/16 Suarez Barcelona jersey. They have a pretty big selection and probably still have a few of the 2014-2015 jerseys on sale as well.

Going with Neymar is a pretty safe bet. Also can't go wrong with an Arsenal Ozil or Giroud jersey. :handclap:

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008

Check out North American Soccer at Boundary and Hastings. They have a huge selection and a lot of stuff on sale at the front of the store too. Nice staff too. I got my autographed Chelsea jersey nameplated with Lampard there :)

As far as superstars go, it really depends on which team your friend likes.... personally I'd go for an Ibrahimovic, Robben or Iniesta jersey. Bale, Rodriguez, Sanchez and Rooney would be good too.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
A Houston company just made all of its employees' Christmas dreams come true after everyone, no matter his or her position or salary, received a $100,000 Christmas bonus.

That's right: All 1,380 employees at Hilcorp, "one the largest privately held oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the United States," according to KTVU, received the large sum as a thank-you for a job well done.

"It's just a true gift, and I don't think that myself, along with everyone, is not going to give less than 100 percent every day," receptionist Amanda Thompson told the news station.

Thompson told the news station that in 2010, all company employees were given the option of a $50,000 car or $35,000 in cash for meeting a five-year goal.

"It was surreal, it was a dream come true," said Thompson, who added that she plans to keep the money in her bank account for a rainy day.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/new...s_every_employee_100_000_christmas_bonus.html

I'm so jealous rn.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Golden State though....

Such an exciting game.....

Boston had so many chances to win it.......great game from the BC boy Olynyk though.

GS will miss Thompson badly. The 2 games that he's missed, the Warriors have gone to OT. I have a feeling the streak will end against Utah..........

Oh god, I just re-read my post and realized I sound like nameless :laugh:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Boston had so many chances to win it.......great game from the BC boy Olynyk though.

GS will miss Thompson badly. The 2 games that he's missed, the Warriors have gone to OT. I have a feeling the streak will end against Utah..........

GS finds ways...I feel like it'll come down to the Xmas showdown with Lebron.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
GS finds ways...I feel like it'll come down to the Xmas showdown with Lebron.

i don't think the cavs will win that game.

all depends on if kyrie can recover within the next two weeks.

i'm not a big kyrie fan though.

but the two man game b/w lebron and k love could be extremely effective with harrison out. if the cavs can get a bench scorer going, they could go toe to toe.

have to assume the warriors start iggy at the three to stop the lebron penetration. kyrie is going to find his way into the paint, that's a given. but curry will outplay him, so you live with that.

TLDR; warriors will win

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
So pissed. Dropped my OPO and now the bottom half of the screen won't work. I'm using a bluetooth mouse and mini keypad right now....gotta carry this around with me now fml

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
i don't think the cavs will win that game.

all depends on if kyrie can recover within the next two weeks.

i'm not a big kyrie fan though.

but the two man game b/w lebron and k love could be extremely effective with harrison out. if the cavs can get a bench scorer going, they could go toe to toe.

have to assume the warriors start iggy at the three to stop the lebron penetration. kyrie is going to find his way into the paint, that's a given. but curry will outplay him, so you live with that.

TLDR; warriors will win

Curry will just toss up 3's so it won't even matter

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

Pff...
You wish.
I am an original.
;)

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
wonder what route the raptors go

lowry has been a top five player in the league this season.

do you package one of the centers (val/biyombo/bebe), the NYK/DEN pick, another pick, another player like Pat or Ross and then a prospect or some **** depending on the type of player for an attempted win now move?

Lowry will outduel any PG in the east. Derozan will be effective in a majority of games as long as he has one of a speed or height advantage. Carroll can honestly shut down anyone - neutralize a guy like PG or LBJ to the best you can. Still think we have a hole in the 4/5 spots in terms of creating proper partnerships or whatever. Scola lacks the athleticism to counter Val and 2Pat and Val have literally never worked.

I hope some team buys into Ross'. He's just too much money.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
wonder what route the raptors go

lowry has been a top five player in the league this season.

do you package one of the centers (val/biyombo/bebe), the NYK/DEN pick, another pick, another player like Pat or Ross and then a prospect or some **** depending on the type of player for an attempted win now move?

Lowry will outduel any PG in the east. Derozan will be effective in a majority of games as long as he has one of a speed or height advantage. Carroll can honestly shut down anyone - neutralize a guy like PG or LBJ to the best you can. Still think we have a hole in the 4/5 spots in terms of creating proper partnerships or whatever. Scola lacks the athleticism to counter Val and 2Pat and Val have literally never worked.

I hope some team buys into Ross'. He's just too much money.

Ross is an interesting contract.
I think he is overpaid...
But the extension does not kick in until next year...
And there is a chance he lives up to it.
However...
At the moment...
That pretty much means that he is unmovable.

Other than the starting five...
And the 1st rounders...
The Raptors really do not have that many attractive pieces.
I also think the team is a mid-contender team at best...
And it takes more than one move for it to have a chance.

Plus...
Nobody will beat Golden State this year.
I say it is best to just stand pat.
The draft this year is decent...
From what I heard.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Fatigue hit the Warriors today

That's a team I'd have not seen there being any chance of beating the dubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events