OT Non-Ski Resort Thread Part ∞+2: Who would win? The sun or a trillion lions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Look at this twitter account I found
https://twitter.com/AmyMek

I envy this woman.

She is the perfect troll. I strife to be able to troll like she can.

64,000 idiots follow that woman, what is wrong with the world. I didn't realize until recently how bad the phobia has gripped Canada. I always associated that kind of behaviour with the deep south but I guess it's spread everywhere. Yet almost no one is scared of climate change?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
64,000 idiots follow that woman, what is wrong with the world. I didn't realize until recently how bad the phobia has gripped Canada. I always associated that kind of behaviour with the deep south but I guess it's spread everywhere. Yet almost no one is scared of climate change?

The best part of her tweets are that is just believable enough to think she was just dumb. But they are also too ridiculous to think that they are real.

It's great. This woman perfected trolling.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The best part of her tweets are that is just believable enough to think she was just dumb. But they are also too ridiculous to think that they are real.

It's great. This woman perfected trolling.

I understand but there are a lot of idiots out there that believe what she is saying and she is just riling them up even more. I'm personally much more scared of the crazy gun-toting rednecks than the refugees.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
I understand but there are a lot of idiots out there that believe what she is saying and she is just riling them up even more. I'm personally much more scared of the crazy gun-toting rednecks than the refugees.

I'm with you there.

right-wing extremists averaged 337 attacks per year in the decade after 9/11, causing a total of 254 fatalities, according to a study by Arie Perliger, a professor at the United States Military Academy’s Combating Terrorism Center. The toll has increased since the study was released in 2012.

Other data sets, using different definitions of political violence, tell comparable stories. The Global Terrorism Database maintained by the Start Center at the University of Maryland includes 65 attacks in the United States associated with right-wing ideologies and 24 by Muslim extremists since 9/11. The International Security Program at the New America Foundation identifies 39 fatalities from “non-jihadist†homegrown extremists and 26 fatalities from “jihadist†extremists

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/opinion/the-other-terror-threat.html

Right wing terrorism is much more dangerous in NA then actual Muslim extremists.

It hardly gets reported though. Kind of strange.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
It hardly gets reported though. Kind of strange.

Without me getting into the deep political side of it, let me just say it's all political. The big US networks all have their backers, and they have their political allegiances. At this point everyone has picked their side and is too stubborn to ever go back. Throw in the NRA and their lobbying and you have the mess we live in today.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
And fear sells. It's horrible but true and a story about terrorism is always going to get massive ratings and views.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I decided to *cough* make my netflix account get access to more stuff *cough* and started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Holy crap, I finally understand why so many people love that show.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I decided to *cough* make my netflix account get access to more stuff *cough* and started watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Holy crap, I finally understand why so many people love that show.

It's amazing, I just recently discovered it as well. Next on my list is The Man in the High Castle. Supposed to be "real good".

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Without me getting into the deep political side of it, let me just say it's all political. The big US networks all have their backers, and they have their political allegiances. At this point everyone has picked their side and is too stubborn to ever go back. Throw in the NRA and their lobbying and you have the mess we live in today.

You're probably right.

The media always drums up Muslim terrorism but ignores right-wing terrorism even though right-wing terrorism is a much, much bigger threat.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

You'll begin using quotes from that show in regular life in no time.

Every single time I hear toll or troll.. all I can think if if "you gotta pay the troll toll, to get into this boy's hole"

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Xmen movies are among my favorites, but no Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, or Hugh jackman I'm not that stoked for it.

Well they've passed the torch onto Fassbender, McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence who were quite good in the last movie. I think its a nice fresh start for the franchise, it would be stale if they didn't change it up.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Well they've passed the torch onto Fassbender, McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence who were quite good in the last movie. I think its a nice fresh start for the franchise, it would be stale if they didn't change it up.

As much as I'm a Patrick Stewart fan, you are absolutely right on the money.

This is how the Star Trek moves phased itself out of existence (until the recent reboots of course). Too .. much .. Shatner!

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

Stewart and McKellen are two of my favourite actors but I agree, it is time to pass the torch. I love Fassbender's portrayal of Magneto, it's a very good young angry version of McKellen's Magneto before he got older and wiser.

Not a huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence in this series though, I prefer older more evil mystique. Jennifer Lawrence is everywhere right now too, when I see her in Xmen I just think Katniss. I feel like the only reason Mystique is a major character in this series is because of who is playing her.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
X-men was always my favourite growing up out of anything Marvel or DC, loved the cartoons and the recent films. Hated how they portrayed the brotherhood of mutants in X-men The Last Stand tho.

2016 is stacked with Marvel/DC movies.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
As much as I'm a Patrick Stewart fan, you are absolutely right on the money.

This is how the Star Trek moves phased itself out of existence (until the recent reboots of course). Too .. much .. Shatner!

Too much Shatner? No such thing. Every day should start with Shatner riding a beaver down the Rideau Canal in a Mountie uniform singing Oh Canada and chugging maple syrup.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Xmen movies are among my favorites, but no Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, or Hugh jackman I'm not that stoked for it.

I've been waiting for Apocalypse to appear in an x-men movie for over 10 years
It's must watch for me for that specific reason :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad