OT: OT - NFL HFLeaf thread

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I am absolutely heartbroken. Think I'm gonna need a break from sports, the Leafs are going nowhere, Raptors are rebuilding and Jays will continue to be mid.

I hope Lamar and the Ravens skull f*** KC next week. Can't f***ing stand that team, city and it's douche fans

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
The Buffalo Bills are the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NFL.

I've always been a fan of Buffalo, but that loss just cemented me becoming a true fan. I just love disappointment, I'm already so use to it.

Leafs Bills 2025 Champs. You saw it here first.

Reactions: Once and Jojalu

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

I've always been a fan of Buffalo, but that loss just cemented me becoming a true fan. I just love disappointment, I'm already so use to it.

It really feels like the Bruins-Leafs again where they just have our number every time

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Honestly, even though I was cheering for the Bills, it does warm my heart to know other sports teams are as cursed as my favorite ones

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
It really feels like the Bruins-Leafs again where they just have our number every time
I understand that completely. My only disagreement will be that I truly see Allen as a Superbowl MVP in his career. He will carry that team, they just need to build around him a little bit more.

I have more faith in them being closer due to how impactful a QB is, compared to a center in the NHL.

Regardless, feel the pain brother. Another entire year until we can cheer again.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I understand that completely. My only disagreement will be that I truly see Allen as a Superbowl MVP in his career. He will carry that team, they just need to build around him a little bit more.

I have more faith in them being closer due to how impactful a QB is, compared to a center in the NHL.

Regardless, feel the pain brother. Another entire year until we can cheer again.
Allen is special for sure and the team let him down. The injuries were horrific this year .. that one London game basically decimated our defense. With a healthy group I think they would've definitely taken it to KC, oh well, tis life.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005

*waves from Detroit here where they won more games in the playoffs this year than they have since 1957*

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

No question. I'd say the Bills are close, and the Leafs aren't, simple as that. The Bills D was decimated by injuries, and they were still given the 3rd best chance of winning the title so it's easy to imagine how much better they could be a year from now if they manage to be healthy. The Leafs on the other hand are going nowhere, period.

All I have left in my OLG account is two bets I made a few weeks ago - SF to win the West, and SF to win the Super Bowl. Go 49ers!!

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I'm nothing more than a casual observer of the NFL, but will watch the playoffs because the NFL playoffs deliver some of the best content.

And even though the Bills are technically in our backyard, they aren't a Toronto team, so I have no attachment to them. But I know many people who do. When that field goal attempt went wide, I was choked for all those Bills fans. That is usually an automatic 3 points, and instead that cost the Bills a chance at fighting it out in the last few minutes and/or OT with a chance at playing for a Super Bowl spot on the line.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Hoping for Lions and Ravens. Can’t stomach another KC Super Bowl appearance
This would be perfect in my opinion.

What Lamar has done this season has been absolutely INCREDIBLE, whether you love or hate Baltimore, it was a truly unique season and he deserves to go to the Superbowl. KC has had it too good for too long so yes i hope they crash.

The Detroit Lions? Come on now guys. Thats the Leafs of the NFL, you need to have a soft spot for them, if they can go all the way that should give us some hope lol.

I dislike how the NFL has ridden SF this entire season, so I'd like to see them crash and burn. I don't think Purdy is clutch, so lets see.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
This would be perfect in my opinion.

What Lamar has done this season has been absolutely INCREDIBLE, whether you love or hate Baltimore, it was a truly unique season and he deserves to go to the Superbowl. KC has had it too good for too long so yes i hope they crash.

The Detroit Lions? Come on now guys. Thats the Leafs of the NFL, you need to have a soft spot for them, if they can go all the way that should give us some hope lol.

I dislike how the NFL has ridden SF this entire season, so I'd like to see them crash and burn. I don't think Purdy is clutch, so lets see.
I think it's only human nature to cheer for the underdog, I'd definitely be pulling for Detroit if not for the fact that I have some money riding on SF. Then again, maybe not because other than cheering for the underdog, another thing to hope for IMO is to have the best teams in the final so that the SB game is exciting and with all due respect to the Lions, that's probably SF.

I have nothing against KC myself, don't really know much about the NFL but I am a fan of greatness and Mahomes is pretty great! And I've said before that I loved his quote from earlier this season - "If I play better, everyone will play better" - and I wish we had that kind of leadership on the Leafs!

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
1705957492377.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad