OT: NCAA Championship

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Probably because Dave Odom coached both teams and he always struggled winning close, big games.

Yeah, no. UK didn't play that tough of a schedule and Coach Cal leaves something to be desired with his in-game coaching.

I remember when Dave Odom coached USC. He guided us to the modern pinnacle of the program - back-to-back NIT wins. That shows you how awesome USC Men's Basketball is. The women are pretty good - Final 4 this year. Aside from that, we're a baseball and football school. They're building a new minor league stadium in Columbia to attract a new team (Columbia's been without professional ball for about a decade now) - there are people legitimately opposed because "We have Gamecock baseball and that's better than Single-A baseball." No, it's not, but have fun thinking that.

bluedevil58*

ok that is fair i agree unc is the next on my list then and since you didnt have any problems with them...

UNC hasn't been relevant for over a decade. I recall twice where UNC has gone to the NITs. Want to know why they are so irrelevant? They have a coach who inherited MAtt Daughery's team and won a few championships. Past the early success Roy Williams has shown a complete inability to close out the most important games. His time in UNC is numbered IMO.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
UNC hasn't been relevant for over a decade. I recall twice where UNC has gone to the NITs. Want to know why they are so irrelevant? They have a coach who inherited MAtt Daughery's team and won a few championships. Past the early success Roy Williams has shown a complete inability to close out the most important games. His time in UNC is numbered IMO.

i <3 u never leave ever

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i just refuse to give credit to a program that thinks it has some great head coach when really all hes done is ride the momentum from the bill foster teams and luck their way to a couple of championships

honestly, its not like were talking about a great program or great coach here. good for them for winning the tournament, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
ok that is fair i agree unc is the next on my list then and since you didnt have any problems with them...
They had one of the toughest SoS's but still lost a dozen games. Ole Roy is also challenged with in-game adjustments. They just don't hold up under scrutiny and IMO wouldn't have beaten anyone in the Final Four. On another topic, I'd love to see a best 2 out of 3 format.

i just refuse to give credit to a program that thinks it has some great head coach when really all hes done is ride the momentum from the bill foster teams and luck their way to a couple of championships

honestly, its not like were talking about a great program or great coach here. good for them for winning the tournament, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

I assume your sarcasm emoticon isn't working?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad