OT: NCAA Championship

bluedevil58*

It's a great time to be a Duke fan and with that being said. All I can say about all of you people's comments is the following:

bluedevil58*

Do UNC and Indiana have 5 titles all under 1 coach? I think not kind sir! I will never again hear UNC fans make the argument that their program is better due to 5 titles compared to how many Duke has.

JClaus33

Sep 18, 2013
NC/SC
Idk why BD is being so obnoxious about it, I thought that Wisconsin had the upper hand in terms of foul calls in the first half, duke in the 2nd. Wisconsin only had 2 fouls at half time. With the Winslow out of bounds call, I thought it was clearly off him, but right after Duke hit the 3, Wisconsin answered right back, so it didn't seem to make much of a difference. However, if Grayson Allen doesn't go full hero mode, Duke doesn't win. I'm happy they won, but certainly those late calls were questionable

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Do UNC and Indiana have 5 titles all under 1 coach? I think not kind sir! I will never again hear UNC fans make the argument that their program is better due to 5 titles compared to how many Duke has.

So you're saying dook is a product of one coach and really isn't much of a program? Even state had two coaches that could win a championship.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
is it just me or is dook//unc losing some of its luster?

I mean, the governor of Kentucky frequently wears suits that are half blue and half red. the NC rivalries don't seem to be quite what they used to.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Carolina hasn't won in awhile. Duke has dominated pretty much since the last big group left. I think next year it'll be different. Carolina is returning everyone of relevance and I doubt anyone will go pro. 2016 or bust.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
State will bet better than UNC next year. I'd bet money on it. ECU will suck at shooty hoops as per usual, but may be ranked in football, which is good.

bluedevil58*

Duke has lost its luster? They have won 2 NCAA championships in the past 5 years... look argue with me all you want but just ask yourself this question: Who are the NCAA champions in men's basketball?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Duke has lost its luster? They have won 2 NCAA championships in the past 5 years... look argue with me all you want but just ask yourself this question: Who are the NCAA champions in men's basketball?

u should really try reading posts before you randomly ostracize them. u might gain some context.

is it just me or is dook//unc losing some of its luster?

I mean, the governor of Kentucky frequently wears suits that are half blue and half red. the NC rivalries don't seem to be quite what they used to.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Here locally it's still as big as it has been in the past because every single time that they play each other that's ALL I hear about for that entire day.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Idk why BD is being so obnoxious about it, I thought that Wisconsin had the upper hand in terms of foul calls in the first half, duke in the 2nd. Wisconsin only had 2 fouls at half time. With the Winslow out of bounds call, I thought it was clearly off him, but right after Duke hit the 3, Wisconsin answered right back, so it didn't seem to make much of a difference. However, if Grayson Allen doesn't go full hero mode, Duke doesn't win. I'm happy they won, but certainly those late calls were questionable

Consider who you're talking about. BD being obnoxious? :laugh:

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh

I'm pretty sure that's completely irrelevant to the question he asked.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I once had a dream the National Championship game was Wake Forest/South Carolina. They tied, everyone rioted :laugh:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
wake me up when coach k wins 16 titles only then will i admit that he is an above average coach bluedevil

as for the answer to your question, kentucky is the best team in the nation and thus the rightful national champion. followed immediately by unc, then gonzaga.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I once had a dream the National Championship game was Wake Forest/South Carolina. They tied, everyone rioted :laugh:
Probably because Dave Odom coached both teams and he always struggled winning close, big games.

as for the answer to your question, kentucky is the best team in the nation and thus the rightful national champion. followed immediately by unc, then gonzaga.
Yeah, no. UK didn't play that tough of a schedule and Coach Cal leaves something to be desired with his in-game coaching.

bluedevil58*

Probably because Dave Odom coached both teams and he always struggled winning close, big games.

Yeah, no. UK didn't play that tough of a schedule and Coach Cal leaves something to be desired with his in-game coaching.

Plus everyone knows that if UK was in the ACC they would not have gone undefeated. The play in the ACC as a whole was on another level this season. We saw it in the Notredame vs UK game and we also saw it in the Gonzaga vs Duke game. I truly feel that the best team did win the championship this year. Duke basically demolished everyone they went up against in the tournament aside from Wisconsin.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: