OT: NCAA Championship

bluedevil58*

Big game tonight. So far we have learned several things. Including that some of UK's players are racist and have racist slurs but that is ok because the person committing said racial slurs is African American and it was towards a white person. That seems to be acceptable in today's society as long as it isn't the other way around. Otherwise, said player would face serious repercussions. Anyways, who will win?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Big game tonight. So far we have learned several things. Including that some of UK's players are racist and have racist slurs but that is ok because the person committing said racial slurs is African American and it was towards a white person. That seems to be acceptable in today's society as long as it isn't the other way around. Otherwise, said player would face serious repercussions. Anyways, who will win?

excellent analysis

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
You're not trying hard enough. You have to convince me you actually believe what you posted, OP. Because it's too ridiculous to even merit a response.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
That was a damn good game. Equal parts heavyweight bout and chess match all night long. I had a slight bias towards Wisconsin since I grew up pulling for UNC, but these days I'm about as neutral of a NC native as you'll find. And even from that perspective, it was highly entertaining.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Winslow out of bounds, Winslow tipped ball. 5 points off those possessions, win by 5. Too bad. It was a good game. Even won me $100.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Winslow out of bounds, Winslow tipped ball. 5 points off those possessions, win by 5. Too bad. It was a good game. Even won me $100.

Forgot about that tip. His middle fingertip bent from touching the ball. Seems irrefutable to me - the finger doesn't naturally bend that way without some kind of external force being applied to it. I doubt it would have affected the outcome of the game (Wisconsin was on their heels and had been for some time), but I can't believe they didn't change the call.

****** video, but it's evidence.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
don't forget all those weird ass charge calls/no calls at the end of the game

winslow plowed a dude over completely under the basket but since he jumped and turned around to throw the ball back out, it was apparently okay?

bluedevil58*

The calls were fair through out the game. If anything the refs did a great job at giving WISC the upper hand by throwing out fouls to Duke as if they were candy.

bluedevil58*

Hey bottom line is: Duke is hands down the best team in the NCAA and has a championship to show for it.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Hey bottom line is: Duke is hands down the best team in the NCAA and has a championship to show for it.

You have your trophy, I have the memory of the game. Good enough for me.

Hey garnettpalmetto can I ride shotgun on the way to the airport?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
You have your trophy, I have the memory of the game. Good enough for me.

Hey garnettpalmetto can I ride shotgun on the way to the airport?

Of course! I rather imagined tying him to the hood/roof of the car a'la returning from the great hunt. There's also going the mafioso route and stuffing him in the trunk...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad