OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Ya it was made for kids, fluff all the way. Felt like a forced remake or die hard or Indiana Jones. Don't expect a thriller like Mad Max. Plot was really predictable I saw it at Scotia banque Imax.

edit: just read this on another board

"That being said for those in Canada that are going to see it, got an email from Cineplex and if you collect scene points and go see this one and the new Terminator in IMAX you get 1,000 bonus scene points...so a free movie."

Took my kids to watch it yesterday, not a single nightmare - fluff is right

Not horrible but 5-6/10 is about right

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
On the horror movie theme, The Babadook was Shining-Lite, still dunno if I actually liked it, bizarre and creepy tho

My favorite horror movie of the last 15 years is still Frailty, different genre than the Ring'esque movies listed

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Saw Jurassic World yesterday... really bad. Do they even try in Hollywood nowadays? I watched 2 hours of mentally challenged people trying to run a Park filled with dinosaurs. None of them act like they're competent enough to run something like it. I couldn't believe none of the characters - in real world, people reacting like this to humans being killed by dinosaurs are considered psychopaths. I could go on about the scenes that make absolutely no sense...

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Saw Jurassic World yesterday... really bad. Do they even try in Hollywood nowadays? I watched 2 hours of mentally challenged people trying to run a Park filled with dinosaurs. None of them act like they're competent enough to run something like it. I couldn't believe none of the characters - in real world, people reacting like this to humans being killed by dinosaurs are considered psychopaths. I could go on about the scenes that make absolutely no sense...

ya that says it all, really really bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad