Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
third!

i mean... nightcrawler was a better movie then i thought it was going to be

i didnt know it was that cuthroat the tv news footage game lol who knew

jake was oustanding tho, unrecognizable. should of got a nom.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
third!

i mean... nightcrawler was a better movie then i thought it was going to be

i didnt know it was that cuthroat the tv news footage game lol who knew

jake was oustanding tho, unrecognizable. should of got a nom.

Nightcrawler was good but it felt sooooo looooooong

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm curious to see Colin Farrell & Vince Vaughn in True Detective. I have a good feeling about it to be quite honest. Farrell just needs to bring his "In Bruges" performance and the show will be unreal.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
was Vince Vaughn ever good in anything except that picture?

vince-vaughn-heckles-canadian-hockey-players-1744-1303404533-13.jpg

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
was Vince Vaughn ever good in anything except that picture?

vince-vaughn-heckles-canadian-hockey-players-1744-1303404533-13.jpg

I have faith. I just think about Jim Carrey who is widely known for his comedy but I personally think his acting in drama's was his best work.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I'm curious to see Colin Farrell & Vince Vaughn in True Detective. I have a good feeling about it to be quite honest. Farrell just needs to bring his "In Bruges" performance and the show will be unreal.

ive got a great feeling about it too, they know what theyre doing over there

will be hard to top woody and matthews brilliant performances but i still got a good feeling

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
How could you be a BIG fan of Kyle Chandler?

Did you love Early Edition that much?

Hey DAChampion, some actors just gets ripe with age and Chandler is a guy that was slumming early in his career but through bit parts over the years you turn around and realise "hey this guy is pretty damn good!". There's a lot of actors like this who are not the most naturally gifted guys like Johnny Depp but through hard work and perseverance, it's like they add gravitas to their acting that wasn't there before in their younger days.

You mentioned Early Edition and he was so bland on that show. And here's a case where he wasn't ready at his age to take on an important show as the lead and it showed. But when you have this guy reappear years later on Friday Night Light and he's like another man. Then he did good work on Wolf of Wallstreet, Super 8 and a few other stuff. He was hilarious on King Kong as the actor from the 30s thinking too highly of himself.

I think with his looks and talent, I feel that he is a guy just on the crusp of stardom if given a chance.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Hey DAChampion, some actors just gets ripe with age and Chandler is a guy that was slumming early in his career but through bit parts over the years you turn around and realise "hey this guy is pretty damn good!". There's a lot of actors like this who are not the most naturally gifted guys like Johnny Depp but through hard work and perseverance, it's like they add gravitas to their acting that wasn't there before in their younger days.

You mentioned Early Edition and he was so bland on that show. And here's a case where he wasn't ready at his age to take on an important show as the lead and it showed. But when you have this guy reappear years later on Friday Night Light and he's like another man. Then he did good work on Wolf of Wallstreet, Super 8 and a few other stuff. He was hilarious on King Kong as the actor from the 30s thinking too highly of himself.

I think with his looks and talent, I feel that he is a guy just on the crusp of stardom if given a chance.

He was good in Wolf of Wall Street, as was everybody else.

Kyle Chandler's really been around, he also showed up in a good Grey's Anatomy episode. But for me, he will always be the Early Edition guy.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Guys, I'm obsessed with Interstellar. I think it's my favorite movie ever. I bought the science of interstellar book by Kip Thorne that explains some of the reasoning behind certain decision and an explanation of more complex parts of the movie. I now love it even more.

I can't get enough of the film. Seen it 7-8 times already.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Guys, I'm obsessed with Interstellar. I think it's my favorite movie ever. I bought the science of interstellar book by Kip Thorne that explains some of the reasoning behind certain decision and an explanation of more complex parts of the movie. I now love it even more.

I'm obsessed with you two Andy... Followed you 7-8 times after work, got your facebook account and I must say that I have to follow you some more.

Hook me up with your tweeter.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Splendid cinematography and production design:

interstellar-case-robot-2.jpg

interstellar-courtesy-of-time.jpg

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So, anyone who's following 19-2... What happened to Ben's health problem ? Didn't he have massive headache or something ?

You poor soul. Hurting yourself is NOT an option, stop the abuse right now... No one deserves to sit through that numerous times... If I was the USA, I'd think about showing that movie as torture. Water boarding FTL.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
So, anyone who's following 19-2... What happened to Ben's health problem ? Didn't he have massive headache or something ?

He got stabbed and went into a coma (like it makes any sense) but, ehhh, other kind of **** happened since then, so he had to back at it. :laugh:

Nick had some serious toothache, but that magically disappeared too.

This show just doesn't make sense anymore. Called it long before season 3 began: drama, drama and more drama.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
He got stabbed and went into a coma (like it makes any sense) but, ehhh, other kind of **** happened since then, so he had to back at it. :laugh:

This show just doesn't make sense anymore. Called it long before season 3 began: drama, drama and more drama.

Like Lost, they didn't know how to finish, and decided after 7-8 episode in the last season how this was going to end up and now they rush it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

No I mean in season 1, I remember Claude Legault crying over his car door because he had headaches... Then one of his teammates puts him in a black room and tells him it's going to make it better.. Maybe it's not 19-2... I remember it vaguely.

Nvm, that was Filière 13 :laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Would rather get bamboo slivers jammed under my fingernails than sit through that again

Really? I really enjoyed it. Maybe it wouldn't be as good a 2nd time but the first time it was really good. One of the best I've ever seen.

I don't know if I like it this much but I definitely think it's one of the best I've ever seen.

Splendid cinematography and production design:

Given your background, I imagine the movie was of interest to you.:)

Come on, Interstellar was good.

Hard to believe someone wouldn't like it. I know the movie build up was slow but I think that added to the charm. So calm at the start and after the trip everything was very intense. A nice contrast.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Really? I really enjoyed it. Maybe it wouldn't be as good a 2nd time but the first time it was really good. One of the best I've ever seen.

I don't know if I like it this much but I definitely think it's one of the best I've ever seen.

Given your background, I imagine the movie was of interest to you.:)

Hard to believe someone wouldn't like it. I know the movie build up was slow but I think that added to the charm. So calm at the start and after the trip everything was very intense. A nice contrast.

If you can dude, try reading Kip Thorne's book which explains the film. Interstellar becomes even more enjoyable because of it. Especially the twist.

The novelization is even better. It provides a lot of contextual information about the film. For instance, Cooper is drinking beer made from corn. There are a ton of cool tidbits like this that make the movie even more enjoyable. Another is that when Romilly explains/draws the wormhole for Cooper, it's done because Cooper didn't really know that a wormhole looks like a sphere in a 3-dimensional universe.

Here:
http://screenrant.com/interstellar-ending-spoilers-time-travel/

use control+F and type in novel. There is a post that provides a list of interesting tidbits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad