OT? Bon Jovi Banner to be Hung From ACC Rafters

Feb 24, 2004
I checked the boxscores online. Bon Jovi has played 15 shows at the Air Canada Centre, in front of an estimated 226,900 people. This does not include the two shows scheduled in November.

If you want to honour the biggest entertainment draw at the ACC, fine, but just be aware someone like Justin Bieber could easily attain that number with relative ease. Lady Gaga, who's only played 6 shows at the ACC, is at 100k. If she played another 4 times at the ACC for her next tour like she did her last, suddenly she's in the 160K range. Somebody a lot more lame than Bon Jovi will eclipse that number, I promise.

Dumb idea.

I'm always a huge fan when people take the time to look up stats for themselves. Good work Garbs. This story gets even more ridiculous to me....

jughead42*

If they were going to put up a musicians banner, couldn't they at least go with somebody even remotely hip or relevant? I'm sure Kim Mitchell would appreciate it a bit more than this turd. Yuck.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
...you don't think Madonna is a good pop artist?

I think she's a mediocre singer with a catalogue virtually empty of meaningful songs who makes her living off of grabbing low hanging fruits on the controversy side of things.

Ask yourself how you can be the 4th highest selling "artist" of all time yet not have a single song anywhere near the "top all time" lists.

If you don't have an exceptional voice and you don't have exceptional lyrics and you largely aren't responsible for playing the music.....well.......

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Wanted Dead or Alive is a great song. I will punch anyone who disagrees in the teeth!

A few concerts ago, during the encore, JBJ and Richie walk to the front of the stage, Jon says "Please rise for the playing of our national anthem", then Richie starts that song. ****ing awesome.

During the greatest hits tour, I actually bought $1000 tickets and ended up high-fiving JBJ during Living on a Prayer. Found a youtube vid that captured the moment as well.

o6h4xl.png

Looking forward to the concert. :)

SteveV*

Numbers don't lie. They're one of the biggest bands ever. Plus, Toronto is like a 2nd home for them...they play here lots.

From Wiki:

They are one of the world’s best-selling bands of all time, having sold more than 130 million records worldwide,[4] and performed more than 2,700 concerts in over 50 countries for more than 34 million fans.

Zzzzz, lots of HORRIBLE acts sell. Is Britney Spears getting a banner too? Why not give the Hip a banner?

This is just another Tim the egomaniac move.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
rooting for an MLSE-owned entity is pretty much like being a really devoted fan of some really ubiquitous product, like wearing Coca Cola t-shirts and hats and getting really hyped about their new commercial or new sponsorship by Drake the Coca Cola's Co.'s secretary of parting down. here at MLSE we work hard in the pursuit of excellence in all things. you know who else works hard and is excellent? Bon Jovi. this is why we are thrilled to announce that Bon Jovi is now honoured in our rafters.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I guess wham! wasn't available.... This is a terribad idea, it's a sports arena and the banners in the rafters should be reserved for championships.

Henderson19

Jul 6, 2007
How long before a Tim Leiweke jersey is available for sale at the gift shop?

What a freakin' tool. :facepalm:

delled

Oct 3, 2009
Honestly this board is a bunch of codgers sometimes. So afraid of change. MLSE is an enterprise. Its e-n-t-e-r-t-a-i-n-m-e-n-t people. Blah blah blah tradition blah blah blah. ACC is an entertainment complex, so this shouldn't be unexpected. Bon Jovi sells tickets full stop. Keep tapping away in your momma's basement about how unfair the world is.

edit. Ok, ok, the below photo-op was just unnecessary...

enrsVwW.jpg

1sxCSzR.jpg

Last edited:

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Honestly this board is a bunch of codgers sometimes. So afraid of change. MLSE is an enterprise. Its e-n-t-e-r-t-a-i-n-m-e-n-t people. Blah blah blah tradition blah blah blah. ACC is an entertainment complex, so this shouldn't be unexpected. Bon Jovi sells tickets full stop. Keep tapping away in your momma's basement about how unfair the world is.

I'd hardly consider myself afraid of change. I've made it a point in my career to never stay in a position for more than 5 years. My most recent change was taking a position in which almost everything was outside my area of expertise yet I was overseeing 70 people who were relative experts in said fields. I've moved and lived all over this country of ours. No, change doesn't scare me. I'm perfectly capable of criticizing a move for what it is. How you would reach the conclusion that people must be in their mother's basement or that they think the world is unfair simply because they see no point in honouring Bon Jovi is a little beyond me. Maybe a more useful approach would have been to offer a rebuttal. Why Bon Jovi? What purpose does it serve?

delled

Oct 3, 2009
I'd hardly consider myself afraid of change. I've made it a point in my career to never stay in a position for more than 5 years. My most recent change was taking a position in which almost everything was outside my area of expertise yet I was overseeing 70 people who were relative experts in said fields. I've moved and lived all over this country of ours. No, change doesn't scare me. I'm perfectly capable of criticizing a move for what it is. How you would reach the conclusion that people must be in their mother's basement or that they think the world is unfair simply because they see no point in honouring Bon Jovi is a little beyond me. Maybe a more useful approach would have been to offer a rebuttal. Why Bon Jovi? What purpose does it serve?

Hey man, my post was satire, I actually agree with you. I wrote it so I could post the Bon Jovi Leafs pics I made.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
In completely unrelated news, Bon Jovi is playing at Tim Leiweke's son's birthday party.

/joke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad