OT? Bon Jovi Banner to be Hung From ACC Rafters

Feb 24, 2004
Sounds like the title of an "Onion" article.

Tim Leiweke said:
“We’ve left plenty of room up there for Stanley Cup banners. This doesn’t take away from the Leafs,†said Tim Leiweke, president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.

Link

Thanks Tim.

Kessley Snipes*

A lot of world class stadiums do this. I take no issue.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I love Bon Jovi, but seriously? They are worthy enough of being immortalized to the rafters?

Another fun fact, he is getting raised to the rafters the same day we are in Vancouver when Bure is getting immortalized there.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
I always pair Bon Jovi with Aerosmith. Two bands who started out great, then got sober and cashed in on the teenage girl period I love my boyfriend crap.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Since people post questions without reading said article.

Bon Jovi has sold more than 600,000 tickets in its 17 appearances at the ACC, more than any band in the arena’s history. In 2008, they beat a record they shared with the Spice Girls and the Police when they sold out five shows in the same tour.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Where does it say rafters? The stanley cup banners are not hung from a wall.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
better tear down all pictures of leafs dynasties, we need more pictures of bon jovi and the ******* spice girls. :shakehead

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I don't like it. He's not even Canadian, would rather reserve our rafters for actual players, hell even a coach or a GM who can help us to a Cup. I think the notion of raising celebrities to the rafters when they have nothing to do with a sports team is dumb, for any sport. This is lame as hell.

Kyle Doobas*

Bon Jovi? Way to set the bar high for 'immortalization'. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Embarrassing. They couldn't have picked a better band? Secondly, you know Toronto teams suck when they aren't winning championship banners to fill the arenas/ stadiums so they have to start inducting bands now to fill I'm the spaces near the rafters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad