OT: 2014 College Football

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
After their showing against PSU, I'm not sure its that winnable. I don't trust Nova or those fancy silver medieval helmets.

They lost by 3 with their QB throwing 5 picks, they win that game if they get even below average QB play. Michigan is a mess right now and are 4-8 in their last 12 games.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
RU probably gonna be 4-1 going into the Michigan game, very winnable at home

It's definately winnable (as they should have beaten PSU), but, they have to go out and win it, that's all that counts.

Knowing Rutgers, they will lose to Tulane this Saturday looking ahead to Michigan.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Winnable, but I don't trust this team. They crap the bed in every big spot except for the 06 Louisville game. I was sitting there at the Penn State game telling my friend they were gonna blow it again, and like clockwork it happened. They just can't close the deal in a big spot against a decent team, especially with Nova.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Winnable, but I don't trust this team. They crap the bed in every big spot except for the 06 Louisville game. I was sitting there at the Penn State game telling my friend they were gonna blow it again, and like clockwork it happened. They just can't close the deal in a big spot against a decent team, especially with Nova.

Nova has beaten decent teams.
Arkansas twice, Navy, Pitt, a few others, but he has not won a "huge" game that would cause students to rush the field yet.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Nova has beaten decent teams.
Arkansas twice, Navy, Pitt, a few others, but he has not won a "huge" game that would cause students to rush the field yet.

Navy is an average team, and Nova didn't beat them because it was all offensive line and running game. I was going to mention Arkansas, but those were pretty subpar football teams despite being from the SEC. The only big game we had against Pitt was to clinch the conference in 2012 and of course we came up short there as well.

If Nova faces any type of pass rush, the game is over.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Navy is an average team, and Nova didn't beat them because it was all offensive line and running game. I was going to mention Arkansas, but those were pretty subpar football teams despite being from the SEC. The only big game we had against Pitt was to clinch the conference in 2012 and of course we came up short there as well.

That Penn St game was so upsetting, if they would have won that would have been so important for many reasons. It was a great atmosphere too....

Are there any QBs in the pipeline for Rutgers that are good by any chance?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
That Penn St game was so upsetting, if they would have won that would have been so important for many reasons. It was a great atmosphere too....

Are there any QBs in the pipeline for Rutgers that are good by any chance?

Early reports are that Rettig is the real deal (Army All-American transfer from LSU). Also 2015 commit Mike Dare is supposed to be very good as well, although he isn't in the program yet.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Nova beat Pitt his Frosh year.
He actually had committed to Pitt then flipped to Rutgers before signing day.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Nova beat Pitt his Frosh year.
He actually had committed to Pitt then flipped to Rutgers before signing day.

I know, I remember watching in Hobby's before a Devils game. Pitt wasn't a very good team, and most of those wins were due to an outstanding defense. They were winning despite Nova, not because of him. When you have a defense with Logan Ryan, Duron Harmon, Khaseem Greene, Steve Beauharnais, Marcus Cooper, Scott Vallone, and Brandon Jones, you aren't going to lose many games. If it wasn't for Nova those teams would have been in BCS games.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Man I really hope Rutgers beats Michigan. What a joke of a program.

And down went Oregon at the hands of Arizona. That'll shake up the polls a little bit. Seems like their chance at a BCS playoff is very slim now.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Man I really hope Rutgers beats Michigan. What a joke of a program.

And down went Oregon at the hands of Arizona. That'll shake up the polls a little bit. Seems like their chance at a BCS playoff is very slim now.

Let's see RU beat Michigan before calling them a joke.
One of the most storied programs in CFB history, that is going through a rough patch now with a overmatched head coach.

Oregon jinxed themselves with the uniform choice.

I'm still amazed how Houston lost last night on that last play.
I can't imagine if that happened at the end of a national championship game or in a Super Bowl. Unreal turnover inches from the goal line.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Let's see RU beat Michigan before calling them a joke.
One of the most storied programs in CFB history, that is going through a rough patch now with a overmatched head coach.

Oregon jinxed themselves with the uniform choice.

I'm still amazed how Houston lost last night on that last play.
I can't imagine if that happened at the end of a national championship game or in a Super Bowl. Unreal turnover inches from the goal line.

I think not having their normal 4 OL starters jinxed Oregon more than their uniform choices

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Miss st won at LSU a few weeks ago.
I'm not surprised they won today, but I by the score.

Ole Miss may have enough to beat Alabama this afternoon.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You know Michigan's going to win. Why am I even bothering to watch? Rutgers is worse than the Jets, at least the Jets occasionally give you a feelgood moment. Rutgers is like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol Michigan was dumb to try a 60-yard FG, when do college kids ever hit 60-yard FG's?

At least Rutgers did finally have a moment they needed...but they really need to get to the point where beating a 'bad' Michigan team at home isn't this huge accomplishement.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yeah, first Big Ten win against a national name team, rushing the field was totally fine. I don't care what a dysfunctional train wreck Michigan is.

Credit to Gary Nova, played a hell of a game. I still cringe every time the ball is in the air, but he wasn't just mistake free he made some excellent passes for those last two touchdowns.

And Kemoko Turay is just a freshman? Who only started playing football in his junior year of high school? Jesus, dude is a monster.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
2, 3, and 4 teams go down this weekend. Can't wait to see the rankings tomorrow.

Also, happy Rutgers beat Michigan. Maybe they'll let those clowns at the helm go.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh I didn't say the fans are wrong to react that way :laugh: It just seems like blind luck as much as anything else that Rutgers finally played Michigan (and at home) the one year they could actually beat them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad