Player Discussion Oskar Steen (4/10/22 re-signed 2 years, $800k/yr)

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Makes me happy to see Steen getting a chance and playing well. I did quite a lot of scouting on Steen during the 18-19 season when he had his breakout season in the SHL (Steen is born and raised in my hometown and played for my hometown team) and he has all the tools to make it, plays with an edge aswell.
He slowed down a little bit at the end of that season which makes sense since it was his first season playing top-6 minutes in a pro league, but for the majority of it he was in the top5 for scoring, which was really impressive.
Only questionmark, as for most young players who arent blue chip prospects, was if he would be able to translate his game to the NHL, and while he is still in the process of doing that it atleast seems like he has figured the AHL out, which is a good sign.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
rather Steen than Kuhlman, this team or the one`s who call the shots on callups/demotions etc...have some insane fear of losing Kuhlman to waivers and my question is why? While I don`t dislike Kuhlman, he is what he is, works hard, does small things reasonably well but hardly a guy who tips the scales one way or another

Steen was noticeable in a good way every shift last night

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
rather Steen than Kuhlman, this team or the one`s who call the shots on callups/demotions etc...have some insane fear of losing Kuhlman to waivers and my question is why? While I don`t dislike Kuhlman, he is what he is, works hard, does small things reasonably well but hardly a guy who tips the scales one way or another

Kuhlman's IQ is up there...I still see potential in him to get points. He creates chances and draws penalties and plays good PK. That's my humble opinion.

Hoping Steen sticks with the club.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Makes me happy to see Steen getting a chance and playing well. I did quite a lot of scouting on Steen during the 18-19 season when he had his breakout season in the SHL (Steen is born and raised in my hometown and played for my hometown team) and he has all the tools to make it, plays with an edge aswell.
He slowed down a little bit at the end of that season which makes sense since it was his first season playing top-6 minutes in a pro league, but for the majority of it he was in the top5 for scoring, which was really impressive.
Only questionmark, as for most young players who arent blue chip prospects, was if he would be able to translate his game to the NHL, and while he is still in the process of doing that it atleast seems like he has figured the AHL out, which is a good sign.

I remember i was watching an interview with him few years ago, he was saying he needs his time to adapt to the next level of game.

2 years in the SEL, breakout in 3rd season, 2 years in the AHL, breaking out in his 3rd season as well.

Steady upward trend.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Keep him in. At least until Smith is healthy. I really liked what we saw from him last night. Physically engaged and creative with the puck

Reactions: BMC and HustleB

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa

I have been pretty anti Khulman, but he looks to be figuring it out. Putting up some points and more importantly winning more board battles and not just skating straight ahead and losing the puck. Come playoff time I still am hesitant of having him be a consistent part of the line up.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

It's true. Cassidy is not involved in personnel decisions and apparently has no interest in being involved at any point. He just works with what management gives him for a roster. It's pretty savvy on the part of Butch, IMO. It keeps the 'chain of command' intact and everyone stays in their lane. I am sure his opinions on players are solicited and factored in, but I believe that is as far it goes.

Reactions: BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's true. Cassidy is not involved in personnel decisions and apparently has no interest in being involved at any point. He just works with what management gives him for a roster. It's pretty savvy on the part of Butch, IMO. It keeps the 'chain of command' intact and everyone stays in their lane. I am sure his opinions on players are solicited and factored in, but I believe that is as far it goes.

Has he stated this, or are you just surmising?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I Know this from someone that knows who is a trustworthy and reliable source. If he wants to publicly own it, I will let him
Wow.

Cuts both ways right? On the one hand, you can't blame him for the guys he has to work with, so he's off the hook. On the other hand, if the GM does a poor job, coaches are usually the first to go regardless.

I wonder if he does this in exchange for "Don't ever talk to me about my ice times".

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Cassidy controls the ice time though

Reactions: Dr Hook and HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Is Mr. Tenkrat a respected account or is he just reposting the content of others. I was kind of under the impression this account is not well respected but I have never asked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad