Oskar Lindblom - LW - 6'0" - 185 - Brynas Jr. Sweden Jr. - 2014 pick (5-138)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I really don't see why LV would take Read. What do they get out of an older undersized forward who doesn't really score anymore?

I would assume they'd prefer a younger player like Cousins or Laughton because at least there's potential there.

It really depends on what forwards they get elsewhere. The quality of forwards that will be available seems poor at best. Read or Weise could be 2nd liners on the 17-18 Vegas team.

If Read has ~30 points and Weise has ~20, I think they still might prefer Weise since he's bigger, younger and under a pretty cheap contract for three years.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think they'd start him on the 3rd line with less minutes and let him work his way up the food chain. Lindblom - Schenn - Weise/Lubyimov/Leier wouldn't be bad (Lindblom could play both sides).

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
He could end up playing some of the year there... but I reckon he starts on the 3rd line out of camp. That would be my bet anyway.

Probably more likely, but if he plays as well as I think he will, like Konecny, he could force his way into the top 6.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
What if Lindblom is the key to turning Schenn into a solid center?

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Konency-Couturier-Simmonds
Lindblom-Schenn-Weise/Read
Laughton/Leier-Laughton/Cousins-Lyubimov

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
He could end up playing some of the year there... but I reckon he starts on the 3rd line out of camp. That would be my bet anyway.

You don't think he'll need any AHL time...even to start the season?

I'm just asking cause I haven't seen enough of him to know. And the NA game is different.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If in his first ever stint of NA pro hockey, at age 19, Lindblom put up 7 points in 8 games, I can only imagine what he'd do down there now with some better teammates and the growth he's shown to his game. He wasn't putting up cheap points either. In the couple games I caught, he just looked a cut above. And again, that was last year. I can't imagine him not going straight to the NHL.

Anyway, if he did spend time in the AHL, he'd probably just be put on the 4th line with no PP time.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
One pretty cool thing is that he has adapted his game so well dependant on how he is required to play and his line-mates over the last few years:

14-15: Played RW on 3rd line in a ~Matt Read style EV role... had to play solid D first but expected to chip in points.
15-16: Played LW on 1st line in a ~Michael Raffl style EV role... was the space creator for Rodin and Johnson.
16-17: Playing LW in effectively top 6, in a kind of ~Blake Wheeler style EV role... is primary play-maker on line but also guy who wins the board battles and gets to the net.

But also for Sweden U20's when with Nylander he played a ~Scott Hartnell role as shooter on line who got to slot and net areas while also being required to be defensively responsible.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Just scored to make it 2-0.

Carried puck from centre ice, as entered zone looked to set to pass cross ice, made Dman back in, then got to circle and sniped the puck high glove, went right in top corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad