Oskar Lindblom - LW - 6'0" - 185 - Brynas Jr. Sweden Jr. - 2014 pick (5-138)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoingTopShelf

Aug 1, 2012
Longtime Flyerscout (now with the Canucks) Inge Hammarström made some comments about the group of prospects from Brynäs that got drafted.

http://www.gd.se/ishockey/nhl/manga-sticker-for-tidigt

The headline means "Many make the jump to early"..kinda.

He likes Lindblom though! Doing my best for the translate.

"Oskar is an incredibly interesting player. I would have want to pick him for us. He's goalscoaring ability is something special. If he get's better speed with his skating will he be very good in the future." - Inge Hammarström.

It's the local media so he might push it a bit...but still, some promising comments from a veteran scout who lives in the same town as Oskar (and have seen him a lot through the years).

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He won't be playing in the CHL next year. He wasn't drafted in the Import Draft.

The four year signing window along with him playing pro in the SHL likely was the deciding factors.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
He won't be playing in the CHL next year. He wasn't drafted in the Import Draft.

The four year signing window along with him playing pro in the SHL likely was the deciding factors.

Yeah he wasn't coming over anyway. Why would he turn down playing professional hockey in his home country to go to Canada to play at a much lower level while living with a billet family?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah he wasn't coming over anyway. Why would he turn down playing professional hockey in his home country to go to Canada to play at a much lower level while living with a billet family?

His game is more suited for the NA rink surface. If it was still a two year window for SHL draftee's it may have been given more serious thought in my opinion.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
His game is more suited for the NA rink surface. If it was still a two year window for SHL draftee's it may have been given more serious thought in my opinion.

Fair enough, but the player has some say in where he plays. Playing in the SHL is much better for him financially. He's not a guy that's guaranteed a long career in professional hockey. He's got to take the money whenever it's available.

Plus, he can play in the AHL as soon as next season if he's ready. If he played in the CHL, he would have to wait until after his 20th birthday. (outside of limited time after his CHL season is done)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Fair enough, but the player has some say in where he plays. Playing in the SHL is much better for him financially. He's not a guy that's guaranteed a long career in professional hockey. He's got to take the money whenever it's available.

Plus, he can play in the AHL as soon as next season if he's ready. If he played in the CHL, he would have to wait until after his 20th birthday. (outside of limited time after his CHL season is done)

They have some say but it's mostly the teams that make the decision for them. If the Flyers thought he could show more over here & possibly earn a contract because of it then he's likely coming over. I think the kid would have some self confidence in his self that he could do it.

That rule only applies to kids drafted out of the CHL, he wasn't drafted out of the CHL. He could have played next year there earned a contract & played in the AHL the following year if the Flyers wanted him to.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
They have some say but it's mostly the teams that make the decision for them. If the Flyers thought he could show more over here & possibly earn a contract because of it then he's likely coming over. I think the kid would have some self confidence in his self that he could do it.

That rule only applies to kids drafted out of the CHL, he wasn't drafted out of the CHL. He could have played next year there earned a contract & played in the AHL the following year if the Flyers wanted him to.

Really? You learn something new everyday.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Really? You learn something new everyday.

Yeah Stolarz could have played in the AHL this past year if the Flyers wanted him to since he was drafted out of the NAHL.

JT Miller of the Rangers was drafted out of the US Program (USHL) in 2011 played for Plymouth (OHL) his first year after the draft then played with the Rangers farm team in the AHL the following year.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
I love how people ive never heard of went early in the draft and then nylander who was a top 10 pick in the nhl draft falls to thirteen :help:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I love how people ive never heard of went early in the draft and then nylander who was a top 10 pick in the nhl draft falls to thirteen :help:

The thought that he probably won't be on the CHL team long probably hurts his value, he'll likely be on an NHL team fairly soon.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah Quebec took Nashville's second rounder in Kamenev instead. Their GM said they had a deal lined up with Zacha but Sarina took him at #1 ruining it but it now sounds like Zacha will report to Sarina despite his agent going nuts on twitter today.
It's just sour grapes. He would have gotten more exposure in Quebec. The last thing his agent would do is let him play in the Czech league during his draft year for people to forget about him. Even if he has a great season, scouts will knock him because there is no one to compare him to. Now if he were playing in Sweden, it's a different story.

All in all, Sarnia has had good success with imports over the years.
Probably hoping with the proximity to Toronto, the Leafs may feel more comfortable letting him play there. Their best chance is to hope Toronto sends him down mid-season (assuming he plays in the AHL first).

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Nylander said he's only playing in the NHL or SHL next year hence why that happened.

The teams usually have agreements with the players before selecting them, some times teams can't get an agreement with players so they just take a shot in the dark pick on a top player & hope their NHL team may force them to play there or something else comes up that leads them to there. That's the case with Nylander here.

Some of these smaller clubs don't have the resources to pull in imports let alone the high end ones like the London, Quebec, Portland, Kitchner, etc. of the CHL so they just roll the dice & hope to catch a break. Erie in the OHL has done that the last few drafts & have pulled some high end talent who otherwise wouldn't go there under normal circumstances.

Last edited:

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
really intrigued and optimistic about this pick. likes dirty areas and according to the little research ive done he can finish...sorta like the anti raffl. god knows we need a couple more forwards that can actually put the puck in the net.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
What can you tell from highlights anyway? Not much, so who cares.

Well it usually shows how they do when they do well, which gives you a taste of what you could possibly be getting if everything pans out

Edit: and I just enjoy watching them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad