Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Pure domination from start to finish. That wasn't a game, that was a statement.

Lukewarm has finally moved to #Redhot.

Keep it going into Ottawa
Gennies are definitely rolling - dominant win tonight.
Peaking at the right time to finish off the regular season and using the same momentum in the playoffs.
+4 Punnett tonight and strong goaltending continues

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
The Roobroeck-Ritchie-Sennecke line has a combined 36 points in 8 playoff games so far and are 1st,3rd and 5th in playoff points right now.
Screenshot_20240415_073007_CHL.jpg

Reactions: PuckLucker

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Big game tonight. Ottawa has the chance to make it a series or Oshawa has a chance to put Ottawa in a deep hole. I never expected Oshawa to sweep Ottawa so it wouldn't surprise if they bounce back. All depends on how MacK is doing I think

Reactions: Whatanathol

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Big game tonight. Ottawa has the chance to make it a series or Oshawa has a chance to put Ottawa in a deep hole. I never expected Oshawa to sweep Ottawa so it wouldn't surprise if they bounce back. All depends on how MacK is doing I think
Mayich back from suspension too, so Ottawa will have their ideal D pairings

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
Huge to get at least one of these games. The sweep would be great but get 1/2 on the road and win it in 5 in Oshawa. Can’t let this series become a best of 3.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Huge to get at least one of these games. The sweep would be great but get 1/2 on the road and win it in 5 in Oshawa. Can’t let this series become a best of 3.
Oshawa hasn't won a game in Ottawa in like 2 or 3 years. Need to get that monkey off their back. Luckily in the previous series, they won all 3 games that were in Barrie so this team knows how to win on the road.

Reactions: Whatanathol

squireprods

May 8, 2023
Another game winner for Lockhart. Great work staying steady in that mostly middle ice OT. Hope Kumpulainen can recover.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
It's kind of strange how Generals Live is so sure that Kressler opened the door to do that on purpose when the video shows the door was open and 2 67s skaters going towards the bench.

I'm not sure I agree that this is some malicious act by a player with no real history of stuff like this.

It's possible that door had been opened from the last player coming off the ice that used it, (could have been half the team for all we know)
It looked like he is getting ready to close the door when it all happens.
These doors quite often are not latched on purpose.
Quite the far fetched tail to assume this is some planned act to hurt Rasmus.

Last edited:

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
It's kind of strange how Generals Live is so sure that Kressler opened the door to do that on purpose when the video shows the door was open and 2 generals skaters going towards the bench.

I'm not sure I agree that this is some malicious act by a player with no real history or stuff like this.

It's possible that door had been opened from the last player coming off the ice that used it, (could have been half the team for all we know)
Not going to argue. Your view is your view but I showed the video to people at work who are not junior hockey fans and they have the same view. You can see the kid open the door and sit down. No one is changing. Why open it. ? Anyways it happened it’s over hopefully Ras plays. PS did you see the video of the same player spearing him in the nuts off the draw? I’d say there is a history there.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
It's kind of strange how Generals Live is so sure that Kressler opened the door to do that on purpose when the video shows the door was open and 2 67s skaters going towards the bench.

I'm not sure I agree that this is some malicious act by a player with no real history of stuff like this.

If you’ve ever had any interactions with “Generals Live” on Twitter, you’ll find out quickly that his opinion is the only one that matters and his word is gospel. It’s impossible to tell on that play what the guy on the bench was thinking, and perhaps one of the players within 10 feet were going for a line change and pulled up short when they saw the collision.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Laxdal said in an interview this morning.... Rasmus is expected to be a rostered player today but will know more after warms today. Currently listed as Day-to-day.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Roobroeck was simply toying with Hilton in that fight. only needed to throw 2 shots to drop him.

Sennecke also with a massive hit.

Oshawa seems to want to end this tonight.

1-0 at the 10 min mark

squireprods

May 8, 2023
Dirty head hit at the end by Pinelli. Sore loser move.
Great job gennies! Great lockdown on the Ottawa offence. Onwards & upwards

Reactions: Thervguy

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Gennies and Battalion in the ECF again. What year is it? Just glad we don’t have to see Jake Smith this time around.
No, this time no Jake Smith....but this time it's Mike McIvor and a team that is deeper and even tougher than the one Jake played on, and poses far more problems for Oshawa than Ottawa ever did.

Reactions: Poster man

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I really like Beckett Sennecke. I watched the first two rounds and he stands out to me minus that dumb hit in series one. And the goalie has looked really solid!

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Sennecke has overtaken Greentree as the Top OHL Forward in the draft on a lot of recent list's i have seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad