Oshawa Generals 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
So Ladxal is the new General's Coach, wher does this leave Foster and the other assistant 🤔 they resume there role as assistants or does Derek Laxdal choose his own assistant.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
So Ladxal is the new General's Coach, wher does this leave Foster and the other assistant 🤔 they resume there role as assistants or does Derek Laxdal choose his own assistant.
Foster will go back to in charge of the defence, which is what he was brought in for, and is his specialty. Hedden will still be an AC as well

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Oshawa

Foawrds

OA- Cameron Butler, Dawson McKinney, Ryan Gagnier

19- Kobe Tallman, Stuart Rolofs (LW), Brett Harrison(C), Cooper Way (C)

18- Luke Torrance (LW)

17- Calum Ritchie (C), Matthew Buckley (RW), Jordyn Ertel (LW/C), Luke Posthumus (C),
Kimo Gruber (LW)

16-Beckett Sennecke (C), Tyler Graham (LW), Ethan Toms(C)(JR.A)

Defense

OA- Lleyton Moore

19- Thomas Stewart

18- Ryan O'Dell, Blake Smith

17- Luca Marrelli

16- David Bedkowski, Lucas Rodriguez, Ben Dandord

Goalie

19- Patrick Leaver

18- Carter Bickle

16- Noah Bender

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Oshawa

Foawrds

OA- Cameron Butler, Dawson McKinney, Ryan Gagnier

19- Kobe Tallman, Stuart Rolofs (LW), Brett Harrison(C), Cooper Way (C)

18- Luke Torrance (LW)

17- Calum Ritchie (C), Matthew Buckley (RW), Jordyn Ertel (LW/C), Luke Posthumus (C),
Kimo Gruber (LW)

16-Beckett Sennecke (C), Tyler Graham (LW), Ethan Toms(C)(JR.A)

Defense

OA- Lleyton Moore

19- Thomas Stewart

18- Ryan O'Dell, Blake Smith

17- Luca Marrelli

16- David Bedkowski, Lucas Rodriguez, Ben Dandord

Goalie

19- Patrick Leaver

18- Carter Bickle

16- Noah Bender
Are you just doing people who are signed? Toms, Posthumus and Bender aren't.

Also Andrew Whitton should be in the 19 year old F group, Nikita Parfenyuk and Parker Petruniak should be on the 19 year old D list.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Question about or OAs

Moore, Gagnier, McKinney and Butler.

My gut says its down to either McKinney and Butler as of now but curious, do you think one gets moved in the coming weeks prior the season starts? Do we keep 4 and always scratch one? Does Moore become deadline bait?

Very curious on others thoughts.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Question about or OAs

Moore, Gagnier, McKinney and Butler.

My gut says its down to either McKinney and Butler as of now but curious, do you think one gets moved in the coming weeks prior the season starts? Do we keep 4 and always scratch one? Does Moore become deadline bait?

Very curious on others thoughts.
Assume McKinney is the odd man out because of what they paid for Butler at the deadline last year. Moore/Gagnier could be gone come the deadline. Wouldn’t be surprised to see McKinney commit to a school soon

Reactions: Square Corners

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Assume McKinney is the odd man out because of what they paid for Butler at the deadline last year. Moore/Gagnier could be gone come the deadline. Wouldn’t be surprised to see McKinney commit to a school soon
I think you're right. It sucks because I love McKinney's work ethic in the ice but he is a career 3rd liner so I can see why he would be out.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens pre-season roster released. Everyone who's signed is on it except Kobe Tallman and Nikita Parfenyuk. Parfenyuk is one of the coaches for the 2022 Future Gens camp the week before training camp so not sure why he's not on the roster. Maybe an injury?

F:
'02: Gagnier, Butler, McKinney
'03: Harrison, Rolofs, Way, Whitton
'04: Torrance
'05: Ritchie, Gruber, Ertel, Buckley
'06: Sennecke, Graham

D:
'02: Moore
'03: Stewart, Petruniak, Parfenyuk?
'04: Smith, O'Dell
'05: Marrelli
'06: Danford, Bedkowski, Rodriguez

G:
'03: Leaver
'04: Bickle

Last edited:
Reactions: Square Corners

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Gens pre-season roster released. Everyone who's signed is on it except Kobe Tallman and Nikita Parfenyuk. Parfenyuk is one of the coaches for the 2022 Future Gens camp the week before training camp so not sure why he's not on the roster. Maybe an injury?

F:
'02: Gagnier, Butler, McKinney
'03: Harrison, Rolofs, Way, Whitton
'04: Torrance
'05: Ritchie, Gruber, Ertel, Buckley
'06: Sennecke, Graham

D:
'02: Moore
'03: Stewart, Petruniak, Parfenyuk?
'04: Smith, O'Dell
'05: Marrelli
'06: Danford, Bedkowski, Rodriguez

G:
'03: Leaver
'04: Bickle
Weird they would leave him out(Parfenyuk). Hipe its nothing serious

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That's a different player.

That's Parker Petruniak. I'm talking about import Nikita Parfenyuk. Petruniak (the Cobourg D) is on the pre-season roster, so was not waived.

fair enough, but petruniak went through waivers. players go through waivers but remain on the roster often. it just gives the team 30 days (could be longer over the summer) to re-assign him.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
fair enough, but petruniak went through waivers. players go through waivers but remain on the roster often. it just gives the team 30 days (could be longer over the summer) to re-assign him.
That's not necessarily true. You can re-assign a player to a Jr A team without putting him through waivers, which happens half a dozen times by each team each season. Gens just did it with Petruniak, O'Dell, O'Toole, Tallman, and Bickle last year. None went through waivers to do so.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That's not necessarily true. You can re-assign a player to a Jr A team without putting him through waivers, which happens half a dozen times by each team each season. Gens just did it with Petruniak, O'Dell, O'Toole, Tallman, and Bickle last year. None went through waivers to do so.

because none of them played in the league the year before. they where all in theory first year players. when you played a game the previous season, you need to be waived the next season to be re-asigned to jr.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
because none of them played in the league the year before. they where all in theory first year players. when you played a game the previous season, you need to be waived the next season to be re-asigned to jr.
Could be wrong but I thought that was only if an A card was used on you, which it was not on Petruniak as he was only called up when the Gens had guys hurt/suspended

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Could be wrong but I thought that was only if an A card was used on you, which it was not on Petruniak as he was only called up when the Gens had guys hurt/suspended

correct when the player is 16 or 17, after their 18th birthday they need to be put on waivers. its a rare occurrence. windsor has a few locals who they call up from time to time when needed but you dont see many 19 year old rookies on cards.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
My best guess at a pre-camp lineup:

F:
Rolofs-Harrison-Ritchie
Gruber-Gagnier(OA)-Butler/McKinney(OA)
Ertel-Sennecke-Buckley
Torrance-Way-Graham
Whitton

D:
Moore(OA)-Marrelli
Parfenyuk-Stewart
Smith-Danford
Bedkowski-O'Dell

Petruniak and Rodriguez in Jr A

G:
Leaver
Bickle

Reactions: TommyV27 and HUSH10

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Here is how i see the roster

LWCRWLDRDG
RolofsHarrisonButlerMooreStewartLeaver
GruberRitchieBuckleyParfenyukMarrelliBickle
SenneckeGagnierWhittonSmithDanford
TorranceWayGrahamO'Dell
ErtelZiliottoBedkowski
Rodriguez

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Here is how i see the roster

LWCRWLDRDG
RolofsHarrisonButlerMooreStewartLeaver
GruberRitchieBuckleyParfenyukMarrelliBickle
SenneckeGagnierWhittonSmithDanford
TorranceWayGrahamO'Dell
ErtelZiliottoBedkowski
Rodriguez
Whitton will be the 13th F and Ertel will definitely be in the top 9. But yeah will look something similar to this. Wouldn't be surprised if they have Ritchie on L1 and use Harrison taking draws as the C on his strong side and Ritchie taking the draws as a the C on his. That's what they did a lot last year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Pickering native Brennan Othmann, Courtice native Jack Thompson and Bowmanville native Ryan O'Rourke all win World Junior gold. Good showing for Durham

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Saw on the Gennies site Laxdal was also given the AGM position. Did not know that?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Saw on the Gennies site Laxdal was also given the AGM position. Did not know that?
Makes sense. Had to convince him to come down from the NHL. Really all the AGM means is that he gets a say to Roger Hunt in player decision, which 95% of coaches do

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I had assumed that as well but why did the official announcement not state that? Only presented as new head coach, I believe. Looking forward to his approach and impact on the team!

Reactions: Generalsupdates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad