Oshawa Generals 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I like Gruber. He is a center with a good all around offensive skillset and good hockey IQ. His best trait by far is his wrist shot that is very accurate and has a deceptive release. So he could definitely be an weapon for the Generals, especially on the PP. He needs to up his compete level though and commit harder on the fore and back check. Skating wise he is also not the strongest on his skates and still gets knocked of the puck to often for my liking.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
In Brock Otten’s annual Import Draft recap, the guy he brought in to speak about Gruber said he could see him having similar CHL success to Timo Meier, Nico Hischier and Nino Niedderrieter. All 3 were well over a point per game in their final year and around or over 40 goals. So would love if that came true

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
In Brock Otten’s annual Import Draft recap, the guy he brought in to speak about Gruber said he could see him having similar CHL success to Timo Meier, Nico Hischier and Nino Niedderrieter. All 3 were well over a point per game in their final year and around or over 40 goals. So would love if that came true

I don't see him on the same level right now as those players you mentioned. He has a good all around game but to me he lacks standout traits besides his wrist shot to have that kind of success. He wasnt able to dominate against international competition in the U17 and U18 national teams this year despite the fact that the top nations didnt even send their best players outside the Ivan Hlinka. He also struggeld with injuries this season wich migth have slowed down his progress a bit. Now I hope he can prove me wrong but he would need a big developmental jump this summer and next year to do so.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I don't see him on the same level right now as those players you mentioned. He has a good all around game but to me he lacks standout traits besides his wrist shot to have that kind of success. He wasnt able to dominate against international competition in the U17 and U18 national teams this year despite the fact that the top nations didnt even send their best players outside the Ivan Hlinka. He also struggeld with injuries this season wich migth have slowed down his progress a bit. Now I hope he can prove me wrong but he would need a big developmental jump this summer and next year to do so.
Gens will get him for 3 seasons, so it would be the 2nd (and more likely the 3rd year) where he could be in their category, if it happens. Not this first year.

They're already having a pretty solid '05/'06 F core with
Ertel-Ritchie-Gruber
Graham-Sennecke-Buckley

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
By the looks of it there will be no coaching changes, I don't know what the stats between Miller coached team and Foster coached team were.
What I saw from Foster, he had the kids playing better.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Rolofs and Leaver both not drafted today. Means the Gens will have 2 elite OAs in those 2 in 2 years when they should be pretty good

Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If the rumours are true and Sam Dickinson isn't going to report to NIA, wonder if the Gens should be kicking the tires there. Would make for such an elite '05/'06 group with Ritchie/Marrelli/Buckley/Ertel as 05s already and then Sennecke/Danford/Dickinson/Bedkowski/Graham/Rodriguez as '06s already. Gens would have the 2 top D-men in the draft in Dickinson and Danford

You could recoup a bunch of the picks it would cost when you trade Harrison at the deadline. Could even trade Moore too and really tank for a top pick if it makes sense at the deadline. Something to think about

Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Team Canada U17 development camp started tonight and Beckett Sennecke looks like the best player on the ice. Down 2-1 and he goes top shelf on the PP to tie it. Then 5 minutes later they're losing again and he dangles the goalie and then drops it backdoor for his linemate for a tap in to tie the game again mid-way through the 3rd.

Sennecke on Canada Red
Danford on Canada White
Bedkowski on Canada Gold

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Team Canada U17 development camp started tonight and Beckett Sennecke looks like the best player on the ice. Down 2-1 and he goes top shelf on the PP to tie it. Then 5 minutes later they're losing again and he dangles the goalie and then drops it backdoor for his linemate for a tap in to tie the game again mid-way through the 3rd.

Sennecke on Canada Red
Danford on Canada White
Bedkowski on Canada Gold
Here's the 1G/1A from Sennecke

And then here is a goal from Danford tonight

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Any word out there if Oshawa is getting a new head coach?

Just wondering since came is about a month away.

Perhaps @Generalsupdates knows?
I don't think the General's will announce a new coach, as Foster will be running a generals annual hockey camp for kids at the start of August. He did have the General's playing better than Miller did.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I don't think the General's will announce a new coach, as Foster will be running a generals annual hockey camp for kids at the start of August. He did have the General's playing better than Miller did.
We will see how it goes. I was personally hoping for a new coach

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
1G/3A (3 primary points) for Calum Ritchie in Canada's first game of the Hlinka tournament

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Calum Ritchie with 6 points in 2 games for Canada, tied for the team lead at the Hlinka

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens announcing a new head coach tomorrow. Really excited about his resume. It’s elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad