Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
My 2022-2023 depth chart as of this second:
F:
Rolofs('03)-Ritchie('05)-Harrison('03)
Ertel('05)-Gagnier('02)-Butler('02)
Torrance('04)-Sennecke('06)-Buckley('05)
Tallman('03)-Way('03)-Graham('06)
Whitton ('03)

D:
Moore('02)-Marrelli('05)
Parfenyuk('03)-Stewart('03)
Smith('04)-Danford('06)
O'Dell('04)-Bedkowski('06)
Petruniak('03)

G:
Leaver ('03)
Bickle ('04)

That would mean Jesus, McKinney are traded as Moore, Gagnier, Butler are my 3 OAs.

Luke Posthumus and Jack Ziliotto are the questions if Hunt can/will sign

And include a 1st round import to that. They should be targeting a 2-3 year player that will be elite in his 2nd and 3rd year like a Martin Chromiak

Last edited:
Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Do you not see Moore getting traded in dec / jan for picks? ty man
Very possible. OA D-men just don't typically go for that much so might be better off keeping him and still being not a bad team. But if you can get a big return for him then for sure

Too bad. He's really thin but was interested to see how he looked in the OHL after dominating a lesser league last year

The Little General

Mar 30, 2017
Very possible. OA D-men just don't typically go for that much so might be better off keeping him and still being not a bad team. But if you can get a big return for him then for sure

Too bad. He's really thin but was interested to see how he looked in the OHL after dominating a lesser league last year

Recent Draft: any reason why we did not go for Frankie Marrelli - LD with the 14th pick instead of Ben Danford?
The fact we have his cousin on the Generals presently would make for some good synergies - or so I would of thought?

I am hearing Marrelli is a steal at 21st pick.

Thoughts GU?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Recent Draft: any reason why we did not go for Frankie Marrelli - LD with the 14th pick instead of Ben Danford?
The fact we have his cousin on the Generals presently would make for some good synergies - or so I would of thought?

I am hearing Marrelli is a steal at 21st pick.

Thoughts GU?
Danford is better. I really like Marrelli but he was a late 1st round draft grade by most. Danford was an early 1st round grade by almost all. Most had Danford as the #2 D-man in this class behind Dickinson. Getting him at 14 was great.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Obviously Saginaw, Barrie, Ottawa, OS got pretty much what they were looking for, but I think Oshawa had an excellent day 1 during the priority draft;, probably as good or better than any after Saginaw.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Obviously Saginaw, Barrie, Ottawa, OS got pretty much what they were looking for, but I think Oshawa had an excellent day 1 during the priority draft;, probably as good or better than any after Saginaw.
They lucked into Ritchie in the 05 draft but the scouts definitely got their pay check with Marrelli in the 5th, Ertel in the 10th and now add Sennecke/Danford/Bedkowski/Graham to that group and potentially could be looking at a championship contender in 2-3 years if the players develop right

Hopefully Harrison gets off to a hot start next year and they can add more picks and another good 05 or 06 for him at the deadline

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Off-season to do list:

1- Hire a head coach

2- Sign Sennecke

3- Sign Danford

4- Sign 1st round import pick

5- Sign Bedkowski

6- Trade Jesus (can wait until training camp)

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Off-season to do list:

1- Hire a head coach

2- Sign Sennecke

3- Sign Danford

4- Sign 1st round import pick

5- Sign Bedkowski

6- Trade Jesus (can wait until training camp)
#1 definitely will be done as soon as the pickering panthers season over.😉
#2&3 it will be done today (friday)
And as for #4 to 6 let's hope 🤞

Reactions: reeno

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Anyone get to the Orientation Camp this past weekend and have some thoughts?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I know I predicted Rob Pearson as the new coach and will stand by my prediction but anew name came into the fold and that is Joey Hishon he left Owen Sound as an assistant coach/gm to presue other options.

The Little General

Mar 30, 2017
Justin Ertel Question: saw that N. Bay signed him on their thread earlier.

What is the connection with the Oshawa Generals Jordyn Ertel?
Are they brothers?

Nice signing by N. Bay regardless.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Justin Ertel Question: saw that N. Bay signed him on their thread earlier.

What is the connection with the Oshawa Generals Jordyn Ertel?
Are they brothers?

Nice signing by N. Bay regardless.
Its his older brother. Didn't produce in minor midget, had a great year in high school hockey and got drafted by Dallas then didn't produce last year in NCAA.

Reactions: The Little General

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Looking at the import draft coming up, the Gens really could go in any direction with their 1st round (and only) pick as they already have a complete roster for F, D and G.

My current depth chart:
F:
Rolofs('03)-Ritchie('05)-Harrison('03)
Buckley('05)-Gagnier(OA '02)-Butler(OA '02)
Torrance('04)-Sennecke('06)-Ertel('05)
Tallman('03)-Way('03)-Whitton('03)
Graham ('06)

D:
Moore(OA '02)-Marrelli('05)
Parfenyuk(IMP '03)-Stewart('03)
Smith('04)-Danford('06)
O'Dell('04)-Bedkowski('06)
Rodriguez('06)-Petruniak('03)

G:
Leaver('03)
Bickle('04)

That roster has Jesus and McKinney as the odd OAs out and to be traded but even without them, you could go into next season with that roster. So expecting them to target a multi-year player in the import draft who will contribute big in 2-3 years when the '05 and '06 group is leading the team on a run. Gens will pick 23rd overall

Last edited:

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Are the Gens changing their coaches for next year? There was some speculation earlier. I ,personally, think a change would be productive.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Are the Gens changing their coaches for next year? There was some speculation earlier. I ,personally, think a change would be productive.
Yeah I find that odd too, the Gens are very quiet about it, I too think a change would be productive. I don't have confidence in what's there now,I was sure they were going to name Rob Pearson as soon as his season was over.

Reactions: The Little General

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I read that Kimo Gruber was at the blue jays game Thursday, wondering if any relation to blue jays Kelly Gruber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad