Oscar Klefbom's silent elite defensive season

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
If he improves his shot and offensive IQ then hes easily a top 20 D man in the league. But his offense is not very good. I think of him as a softer more offensive oriented version of Adam Larrson that's just as good defensively.

I think all those injuries in his young career broke him somehow.
I don't think it's his IQ that's the problem. He gets lots of chances and gets open in good spots he just lacks that finish. All Swede no Finish fits perfectly in this case haha.

Reactions: Coffey

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I don't think it's his IQ that's the problem. He gets lots of chances and gets open in good spots he just lacks that finish. All Swede no Finish fits perfectly in this case haha.
Like that chance against Ward in the Hawks game. Had the IQ to move up on the play and earned a one on one.

But no goal lol

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Klefbom has been really good this year, easily the best he has ever played. In my opinion this is the first time in his career he is playing top pairing level defense. Even in 16/17 when people kept praising him (likely just because of his offensive stats) he often cheated and took shortcuts defensively. I wonder how much Trent Yawney has been responsible because I have never seen him play this well consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad