Oscar Klefbom's silent elite defensive season

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Of all defenseman that's played 200 minutes 5on5, he has the 2nd best chance suppression relative metrics to his teammates behind only Nutivaara. Only difference is when Klefbom is on the ice his team allows less goals and scores more goals. He's also generating 3.25 shots per game in all situations, meaning he's been extremely unlucky scoring wise. All of the Oilers big guns both offensively and defensively suffer tremendously away from Klefbom as well. Yup even McDavid.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
He's really, really good and it's not like this is the first ever 10 game stretch where that has been true.

He plays Doughty type minutes and it's not entirely because the Oilers bottom pairing sucks, though it does.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
If he improves his shot and offensive IQ then hes easily a top 20 D man in the league. But his offense is not very good. I think of him as a softer more offensive oriented version of Adam Larrson that's just as good defensively.

I think all those injuries in his young career broke him somehow.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Season? we are like 10 games in. They haven't even played half the league yet.
True, we still have all the bottom dwellers to play. We have had the toughest schedule in the league until now. I think Calgary just passed us.

But I agree with a previous poster, his shot needs some tuning. He can't take a full slapper due to missing the net every time, so settles for this weird half clap

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Klefbom has been absolutely excellent for us so far, playing a ton in all situations.

He won’t stay at 0% shooting forever.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
last year Klefbom sucked, the year before and the year before that he was really good, this year he's been really good. Safe to say last year was the outlier.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
I’m pretty sure he’s always had good underlying stats, maybe someone correct me, but I think last year is the only he’s really only struggled

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00