Confirmed with Link: Oscar Fantenberg to Flames for cnd. 4th Round Pick in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Sure, I don't disagree. But at the same time, if our entire top 4 is out, I'm not sure I like our chances that much regardless.

To win a game or two against a probably equally beat up team? Don't see why. Plus our depth is absurd as guys like Stone, Kylington, Valimaki, and Andersson could easily be an upgrade on the top fours of some actual NHL teams (like Edmonton).

This is a team built for a looong playoff run. Make no mistake, it's not always about the Mark Stones and Kevin Hayes but just as much about the Alan Quines and Juuso Valimakis.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I can’t believe that no one else sees that we’re adding all these Swedes to facilitate signing Karlsson this summer. He’s even faking an injury in San Jose to crush their spirits before the playoffs

If only.
Tre didn’t want Stone because he needed the money for Erik.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I can’t believe that no one else sees that we’re adding all these Swedes to facilitate signing Karlsson this summer. He’s even faking an injury in San Jose to crush their spirits before the playoffs
LOL... that's diabolical.

However, I kind of think that Karlsson is a couple of injuries away from retiring. The guy just can't stay healthy. Good thing SJ has Burns in the lineup. If they were relying solely on Karlsson they'd be f***ed.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I honestly think Prout's been really consistent this year.
Like, I know he gets **** on because he has no real upside outside of a #6 knuckledragger, but I feel he hasn't been horrendous this year as a guy who'll play 14-15 minutes a night... maybe some PK.

I just think Fanta has more upside; and a little less worry if he's out there against a top 6 line. Like, with Dalton you have to protect him 5v5, I think Fanta gives you more flexibility.
Agreed 100%

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Prout was a total liability in his first 7ish games. He's settled down now but his positioning early on led to countless odd-man rushes against.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Total liability is such massive hyperbole
It isn't. There's a reason 2 of his 6 games in 2018 happened when we were forced to dress 7 dmen. And then he only played 3 minutes. Peters clearly didn't trust him and for good reason.

That said, I'm glad he's turned things around.

Last edited:

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
It isn't. There's a reason 2 of his 6 games in 2018 happened when we were forced to dress 7 dmen. And then he only played 3 minutes. Peters clearly didn't trust him and for good reason.

That said, I'm glad he's turned things around.

I remember is first game was a complete tire fire. But he has vastly improved which is great to see. Peters should honestly be hailed as our MVP this year.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Prout was a total liability in his first 7ish games. He's settled down now but his positioning early on led to countless odd-man rushes against.

His pair with Andersson was a liability, you mean.

Andersson lacks the skating to partner with him, plus both guys were RHS.

Prout has worked best with Kylington / Brodie as his partners.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I was all aboard the Jokipakka hype train and I deserve to be shamed for it
Don't be so hard on yourself. Just say the name out loud "Jokipakka!" It's a name you just want to cheer for because it's so fun and catchy! It's a good name to scream during a snowball fight. Imagine, you're lined up like you're in Braveheart and your face is painted. Your team starts screaming and OKG moons the other team and then you start to roar! Then you charge at the other team with two loaded snowballs yelling "Jyrki Jokipakka!!!". It's just a fantastic name that you root for.

Reactions: Mr Snrub

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Don't be so hard on yourself. Just say the name out loud "Jokipakka!" It's a name you just want to cheer for because it's so fun and catchy! It's a good name to scream during a snowball fight. Imagine, you're lined up like you're in Braveheart and your face is painted. Your team starts screaming and OKG moons the other team and then you start to roar! Then you charge at the other team with two loaded snowballs yelling "Jyrki Jokipakka!!!". It's just a fantastic name that you root for.

Did I just read a Jokipakka fanfic?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Glad he is gone. No way he should have played a minute in the play-offs, especially over Valimaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad