OT: Orlando Solar Bears Thread - Baby I'm ready to go!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Inside of dressing rooms, there's not a whole lot of secrets that stay that way.

If the guys in the Everblades dressing room knew about TB changing affiliates, for example, then any surprise would be to the fans.

If it's played right, it can even instill a sense of 'win now'.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Yep... you're right. Please substitute "nepOtism" with "associations", or how about "partnerships".

better yet, "cronyism".

That's not how you build the best team in the world.

If it wasn't for the Tampa Bay Lightning playing at the Amway Center, the SB owners wouldn't have gone ahead and bought a team, but, perhaps I am getting ahead of myself. I'm surprised how much I want the Lightning to affiliate with the Bear. Ideally, both the Panthers and Lightning will affiliate with them, as the Everblades will do fine without either of them.

The Lightning run their hockey camps in Tampa and Orlando at the RDV (where this affiliation(s) is going to be announced). Not going with the Lightning doesn't make any ****ing sense for either team.

Then again, a possibility may be that they'll announce 'one' of the NHL/AHL affiliations.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Minnesota Wild? I did not see that coming at all. Bummer. Nobody tell FP.

I was there.

The headline for every local news outlet: Minny and Mickey.

Orlando and St. Paul do have some things in common. There is absolutely nothing to do besides play hockey.

SEALVESTER

So that's who head exploded, just kidding. Totally out of left field, but I got the AHL affiliate right though. Was thinking the Aeros since they did not have an ECHL team, but realized that they are owned by the Wild, meaning it had to be a package deal. Now it's official. Old foe, new ally! I still remember 1999 Houston, you owe us.:blah:

Plus their tagline seem to fit: Out of hibernation and into the Wild.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Does that mean the Blades are likely to stay the ECHL affiliate?

The only ECHL teams that have no affiliates are Las Vegas and Bakersfield. The San Francisco Bulls join the league next year as well.

Since all of those are on the West coast it's doubtful we change ECHL affiliates unless Orlando takes on a 2nd affiliate like the Blades did.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
050412intothewild.jpg

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Why did Drake Berehowsky get the key to the city? Is there any other place on earth where you don't need to do anything other than exist to get a key to the city?

What if he was some kind of ne'er-do-well? Buddy Dyer gives him the key, Berehowsky resigns, and now he's got access to every building in Orlando.

And somebody get on the horn and find out why they're still not giving me money, or a key to the city.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Why did Drake Berehowsky get the key to the city? Is there any other place on earth where you don't need to do anything other than exist to get a key to the city?

What if he was some kind of ne'er-do-well? Buddy Dyer gives him the key, Berehowsky resigns, and now he's got access to every building in Orlando.

And somebody get on the horn and find out why they're still not giving me money, or a key to the city.

You said bad things about Orlando. No key to the city for you. They should probably throw some cash your way though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00