OT: Orlando Solar Bears Thread - Baby I'm ready to go!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Gomez was only skating with them to get some ice time. He wasn't going to play for the Aces again this lockout. I forget when and where he said it but it was solely to get some ice time.

Sure...

When and where he said it was after the door hit his ass on the way out.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Fun Fact: I first asked the Solar Bears about possible employment or internment back in November. I still have not received any sort of message back from the organization despite my repeated attempts to get some sort of reply. I had to ask them if they got my application, which is the only reply I got on the subject (in the affirmative).

I'm now more in a mode where I sort of have acknowledged that they will not respond to me on this, no matter what, even to tell me that they aren't interested in me.

However, I get a certain amount of lulz out of trying, and won't stop, as you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, but I post this to ask the question: am I in an abusive relationship?

Another random fact, management feels threatened by young adults with notepads.

Last edited:

SEALVESTER

Fun Fact: I first asked the Solar Bears about possible employment or internment back in November. I still have not received any sort of message back from the organization despite my repeated attempts to get some sort of reply. I had to ask them if they got my application, which is the only reply I got on the subject (in the affirmative).

I'm now more in a mode where I sort of have acknowledged that they will not respond to me on this, no matter what, even to tell me that they aren't interested in me.

However, I get a certain amount of lulz out of trying, and won't stop, as you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, but I post this to ask the question: am I in an abusive relationship?

Another random fact, management feels threatened by young adults with notepads.

I actually did get a reply five months after I sent an inquiry... they weren't interested.

Not just notepads, but SLRs too.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The only conclusion I can come up with is that they're crushing hard on me and are therefore afraid to talk to me.

SLR? Sliding ruler? To be fair, being able to draw a straight line, when everyone else can't is intimidating.

A more realistic reason they won't respond is that hiring STH'ers means one less STH.

But they won't even respond to me, which means they like me. LIKE, like me.

The first game, I'll be the guy with the sign, "Your dreamboat has arrived".

Last edited:

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
I gave up trying to get with the Solar Bears. I submitted my resume/cover letter for an internship the week they announced the return and never got a response. I contacted them again looking for a job and again nothing.

I had to find out from a friend that writes for PHN that they had already filled their internship positions.

Last edited:

SEALVESTER

I meant a semipro camera, little dinky point-and-shoot and camera phone don't seem to scare them much, but SLRs, they might scream "Saboteur!" thinking I might work for the other team.

Back to hockey, 9 goals in two games against Curry... typical! Brodeur with a broken jaw could stop more pucks. Cruthers and Tanski were pretty nasty in those games. Caron seems to get some good punches here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7x4bm_AriE

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
So I've been playing EHM as the Bear, 2 Kelly Cups in the first 3 years. Disappointing, I know.

At least here, the Solar Bears will hire me. :sarcasm:

I'm waiting for my fourth season to start, and read that the team has sold well over 8,000 season tickets, which is quite a bit higher than in previous years, where it hovered around 6,000.

I like to have a full exhibition game schedule, but for the lone home friendly (against the Alaska Aces), it draws barely over 2,000.

EHM STH'ers. I am dissapoint.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Bears got Hannu Toivonen. We now have a Finn FTW.

I suggest you get your ***** down to the games if you haven't started already. If you can't get to Orlando for today's game, make arrangements with your ass to get here on Saturday.

fact: you can say 'ass' on HFB, but not the plural form, '*****'.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
But can we say dumb.ass I wonder.

Edit: Interesting. Might come in handy

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
I like the signing of the beer leaguer from Orlando. Not often we get local boys to cheer for on Floridian hockey teams. :handclap:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
haha, why not? Would be cool to see some of the other guys campin in Tampa to play for the Everblades or Solar Bears.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
haha, why not? Would be cool to see some of the other guys campin in Tampa to play for the Everblades or Solar Bears.

The Bears defense has needed some work, and OB Brett Clark isn't playing anywhere. He's also going to the TBPA practices.

He may not want to play in the ECHL, but that's just too damn bad.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
The Bears defense has needed some work, and OB Brett Clark isn't playing anywhere. He's also going to the TBPA practices.

He may not want to play in the ECHL, but that's just too damn bad.

Clark won't play anywhere as he doesn't have a contract with any NHL club after the lockout resolves and doesn't want to risk injury.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Today, tomorrow, and Tuesday, The Bear plays the K-Wings, whose biggest accomplishment this season is this video.

If you can play, you can play, but I noticed a severe lack of shake weights in the workout room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad