O'Reilly needs an O'Rolex Watch - Summer 2014 - Arbitration Date: 7/23/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Even if the fans are asked to seperate the player from the person, so will the team. And as much as they will say all the right things I don't know that having someone they KNOW is not going to war with them long term and will be a distraction every day until the situation is finally mercifully resolved is something they can ignore.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i agree, if or should i say as, long-term deal can't be reached, it's better to trade him sooner or later.. or worse, not at all. could be too big distraction. that locked room has had enough issues already during the sacco years..

i don't think it's realistic to expect that negotiations will just become easier when he's upcoming UFA.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
My prediction: O'Reilly takes the one year deal and it ends up just under 6 million. The Ave trade him but not until during the season, making like awkward for all until then.

Seriously though, they have to have enough sense to trade him quickly, right? I know they actually want to keep him but it's not good for the team and fans to have him hanging around.

I believe they can't trade him until after Jan 1. Because they went through arbitration.

I don't think Roy will trade him. I bet he keeps him for 2 years, and ROR walks. Roy loves him, will keep him, and will foolishly think ROR will come to his senses.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I believe they can't trade him until after Jan 1. Because they went through arbitration.

I don't think Roy will trade him. I bet he keeps him for 2 years, and ROR walks. Roy loves him, will keep him, and will foolishly think ROR will come to his senses.

To my knowledge there is no restriction from trading him after signing him to a contract.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

They can trade him right after the arbitration. He can't sign an extension until January if he chooses a one year contract and until next summer if he chooses a two year contract.

OldSchoolAvalanche*

How many teams have the cap and the players wed want in exchange for ROR and would trade for him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So the numbers the player and team are asking for are out there with Franson. I wonder why we don't have those numbers for O'Reilly, or will we get them?

It would be really great to know what both sides are asking for.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
How many teams have the cap and the players wed want in exchange for ROR and would trade for him.

That's the problem now IMO.

Most teams are starting to solidify their rosters (remnant UFAs like Stepniak signing, RFAs starting to sign, etc).

I think NYR and Pitt are the best trading partners based on need and return since the Avs could take a bit more salary than they sent but that is if the Staal/Martin/Maata availability is true.

Florida made sense, but I don't by that Kulikov is still immediately available now that he is signed. Maybe later in the season if it starts poorly, but I doubt it is likely to happen before the season starts.

Then the young teams that could use another core piece, especially a captain/future captain candidate like Calgary or Buffalo, are not likely to have more than quality futures to send back, which does not fill the need we all are hoping to have fixed.

I think it will be a mid-season trade as well at this point

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Avs need to stop delaying the inevitable and trade him now if he doesn't agree to a long-term deal. He shouldn't be on the team on opening night.

Jets are in the division but they'd probably be at the top of the list of teams going after O'Reilly. They've got nothing going for them and haven't improved their team at all. They desperately need a player like O'Reilly.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Lol special snowflake
Again I take exception to the ROR on outside. These guys, fellow players, all know it's about the money... And he, Ror,will play 100% here! or for another team. I think you are overthinking this. No knees feelings will be hurt.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Lol special snowflake
Again I take exception to the ROR on outside. These guys, fellow players, all know it's about the money... And he, Ror,will play 100% here! or for another team. I think you are overthinking this. No knees feelings will be hurt.

They all know it's about money but that didn't stop Duchene, Landeskog, Varly, etc. from signing new deals early on.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Starting the season with the AVS on that arbitration contract is both the most likely and the worst case scenario at the same time. It sucks.

Burnaby_Joe*

If/when he's traded, what do you guys prefer, a forward or left handed dman coming back?

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
If/when he's traded, what do you guys prefer, a forward or left handed dman coming back?

Only goal should be getting a player with similar value. We have time to address needs, but we can't downgrade from a core player to a nice piece or two.

Burnaby_Joe*

Only goal should be getting a player with similar value. We have time to address needs, but we can't downgrade from a core player to a nice piece or two.

I agree, but I don't think we'll get enough value like everyone thinks we will.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Been watching Evander Kane highlights for the last 30 min or so. I know it's a horrible way to judge a player but I'd like to see him in an AVS jersey now. :laugh:

Very fast with quick release.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
I agree, but I don't think we'll get enough value like everyone thinks we will.

I mean, if we decide to trade him, we could get a nice bidding war started. And all it takes is one GM to fall in love with him.

Been watching Evander Kane highlights for the last 30 min or so. I know it's a horrible way to judge a player but I'd like to see him in an AVS jersey now. :laugh:

Very fast with quick release.

I think Duchene and Kane would put up 80+ together. O'Reilly might have a bit more value in a vacuum but I'd take that trade immediately if it was offered.

I have two fears in this whole thing: 1) We don't trade O'Reilly despite the clear dysfunction between him and the Avs. 2) Roy/Sakic fall in love with another player and we get shafted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad