Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Some guys I just want to make sure on:

Chelios - I assume Chicago

King Clancy - Career literally split in half between Sens and Leafs and was elite in both uniforms.

Quackenbush - Boston/Detroit?

Larry Murphy - Pitt/Wash? Guessing Pitt

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The trickiest might be the Pre-NHL guys as we go deeper than 7 players per franchise.I can't think of one for now that wasn't addressed, however.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Dan Boyle is tough... he "feels" like Tampa Bay, but his Norris record with San Jose is slightly better.... hmmm

Exactly lol

The same is true for Hossa to some extent.By now he feels Chicago, not Ottawa.

Personaly I'd rather go by "feeling" in those cases, but some will disagree.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I think enough of Hossa's prime was in Ottawa compared to Chicago, where it's easier than Boyle.

What about Claude Lemieux? NJ because of the Smythe?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I think enough of Hossa's prime was in Ottawa compared to Chicago, where it's easier than Boyle.

What about Claude Lemieux? NJ because of the Smythe?

Tough one, Id say NJ is allright

I'll just make the call and put Boyle with Tampa Bay and Claude with NJ.

Added to OP.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Should be said that even if we made a "mistake" in choosing the appropriate franchise for X or Y player, it wouldn't have any real consequences on the game.

The only situation is if the player is between say Montreal and Anaheim.In that case I'd put him on Anaheim if possible so he's back into the game and not buried under 10+ Montreal legends.

I would have been OK with putting Patrick Roy with Colorado, even if Roy is not buried, but whatever.It's OK with Montreal too.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
The only situation is if the player is between say Montreal and Anaheim.In that case I'd put him on Anaheim if possible so he's back into the game and not buried under 10+ Montreal legends.

I would have been OK with putting Patrick Roy with Colorado, even if Roy is not buried, but whatever.It's OK with Montreal too.

I actually think the best part of this is the imbalance with the teams that are loaded with legends like Montreal and teams that only have a few like Anaheim. It requires GMs to have a more complex draft strategy. If the best players are distributed more evenly then then drafting is fairly "easy."

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I actually think the best part of this is the imbalance with the teams that are loaded with legends like Montreal and teams that only have a few like Anaheim. It requires GMs to have a more complex draft strategy. If the best players are distributed more evenly then then drafting is fairly "easy."

Sure, I get what you mean.We'll see how it turns out with 10 GMs.It makes waiting till you're the last GM to pick for a franchise much more risky.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Portlandbuckaroos.png

I'll manage the Portland Buckaroos, the 5-time league champion: 1937 and 1939 in the PCHL, and 1961, 1965, and 1971 in the WHL. The NHL Lady Byng winning Ranger right winger Andy Hebenton (and MLD regular) was a three-time all-star for the Buckaroos after his then-NHL-record 630 consecutive game stretch, going on to set hockey's all-time record for games-played streak at 1054 consecutive games. Mark Messier's father also played for the franchise.

All-time NHL great Pat Stapleton scored a career-high 86 points as a Buckaroo in 1965, taking home the WHL trophy for best defenseman.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'll be the Quebec Aces or Les As de Québec, the team Jean Béliveau played for before going to the Canadiens.

Quebec_aces_2.jpg

Quebec_Aces

Reactions: VanIslander

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Teams:

Hawkey Town 18 - Chicago Cougars
VanIslander - Portland Buckaroos
BenchBrawl - Les As de Québec

TheDevilMadeMe
tony d - Calgary Cowboys
Johnny Engine
ImporterExporter
ck26
Iceman - California Golden Seals
Voight

Last edited:
Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm pumped for this.

To think I started the thread on a random impulse.Glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad