OPPF Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I definitely regret picking Rocket Richard now that I see all the Montreal superstars are still there.Again the downside of picking at the tail-ends :(

It was a wasted pick and I should have went with Stevens in retrospect.I was scared of a "Montreal run".

Last edited:

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Finally going outside the 06. Going to grab a G that should keep me competitive against most teams starting G's head to head and he's got the 2 greatest Dmen ever in front of him so that surely helps as well :)

Vladislav Tretiak G, USSR

original.JPG

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
USSR is deep, but not as deep as where most other goalies are.

I was considering him with my next set.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He'd probably work very well with Lemieux because they're both so smart, though it might be optimal to play him on another line.I don't know.

Great pick in any case tony.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I should pick a forward since I have a pair of D already, I really was interested in a few that were already picked (like Kariya). I want to keep some options open so I'll select Luc Robitaille, LW (Los Angeles Kings)

Robitaille-Luc-LA-Kings.jpg

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Interesting pick with Doughty, especially so close to Weber. In this draft Weber is certainly a better value, but looking at voting records they are remarkably close.

Two very strong picks

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Interesting pick with Doughty, especially so close to Weber. In this draft Weber is certainly a better value, but looking at voting records they are remarkably close.

Two very strong picks

Doughty is easily better all-time than Weber because of his two remarkable playoff runs.

I agree Weber was a good pick, and "better value" in the sense that his franchise is among the weakest, but it's not like LA is that valuable.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I thought about taking Robitaille at some point myself, but he didn't fit on my 1st line and my 2nd line was too unknown for now.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Doughty is easily better all-time than Weber because of his two remarkable playoff runs.

I agree Weber was a good pick, and "better value" in the sense that his franchise is among the weakest, but it's not like LA is that valuable.

I think half of the teams could have an LA King on them. I'm not sure how many Predators there will be

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I think half of the teams could have an LA King on them. I'm not sure how many Predators there will be

Yes, but the quality drops, and like you said it's only half the teams.If you wait and get scooped LA is out for you.

I see LA as a bit like Philadelphia.Some mid-level teams that you need good timing to capitalize on.

I cannot see anyone else from Nashville being drafted, so yeah Weber was alone.

ResilientBeast

Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
I thought about taking Robitaille at some point myself, but he didn't fit on my 1st line and my 2nd line was too unknown for now.

Being at the ends and missing these runs is pretty awful, the little LW run we had since my last pick, somewhat forced my hand. I'm happy to have him of course, but wasn't my 1st or 2nd option at LW

Without the ability to trade and the restrictions you really have to decide what's most important to you.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
My guess is VanI will be there in about 3-4 hours, but who knows.

I'll stay around, if not I'll leave you a list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad