OPPF Draft Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Yeah, twists like this are more entertaining than trades. Not quite as hostile either, haha.

The only problem with trades is... me basically.Objectively, it's true, I was almost always at the center of controversies, even if I still think I was right.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I wouldn't mind changing the format of the main draft, even if I'm a purist at heart, as long as it still generates research.

Once there's no research done at all in the ATD is when the whole thing dies.

One problem with this format is it excludes many great players.

Not really if you get 25-30 teams. At least not THAT many IMO. I'd be fully on board making something close to this the format going forwad in all seriousness.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I think this format could get stale if we did it every year for 10 years. But it's great right now!

It would never get stale if we randomized the players and which franchise they played for, but that's not really do-able.So agreed.

We could do one where the players would count for the 2nd franchise they played for, or something like that.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Also, say we took a 20 years break, then one or two generations of new players would get injected into the player pool.That can change the dynamic, but unfortunately there's not enough coming in every year to shake things up.

Edit: @tinyzombies is up

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Also, say we took a 20 years break, then one or two generations of new players would get injected into the player pool.That can change the dynamic, but unfortunately there's not enough coming in every year to shake things up.

Edit: @tinyzombies is up

Don't worry I'm counting down the games till I can draft xxx way too high and ruin my draft

Not sure if he qualifies as an undrafted for this (if he does he's mine)

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Iceman is online, as are most GMs following him if not all, we might keep going on a run here

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Seals selects Rod Langway, D

s-l640.jpg

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Damn, Langway was in strong consideration.Solid D from a weak franchise.

Also a possible good partner for Shore.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Damn, Langway was in strong consideration.Solid D from a weak franchise.

Also a possible good partner for Shore.

The thing is, when I was talking about #2 dmen, I was mostly referring to him. I actually considered him with my last pick but it's just not worth it with top 5 dmen on the table. Langway here makes sense, at least for my team this time around. There are a few other options around his range, but if you go down to #2's, you can't pick a O6 dman, at least not right now.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The thing is, when I was talking about #2 dmen, I was mostly referring to him. I actually considered him with my last pick but it's just not worth it with top 5 dmen on the table. Langway here makes sense, at least for my team this time around. There are a few other options around his range, but if you go down to #2's, you can't pick a O6 dman, at least not right now.

I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad