Opinions on Erik Karlsson's pre-game meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If I was making millions of dollars every year like Erik is and can afford to eat anything and as much as I want, I would be eating the finest of foods and have my own nutritionist to make sure I live a long and prosperous life and am in peak form for overall health. Even more so if you're an athlete. Diet is everything. Just look at Nathan MacKinnon and compare him to Phil Kessel.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
If I was making millions of dollars every year like Erik is and can afford to eat anything and as much as I want, I would be eating the finest of foods and have my own nutritionist to make sure I live a long and prosperous life and am in peak form for overall health. Even more so if you're an athlete. Diet is everything. Just look at Nathan MacKinnon and compare him to Phil Kessel.

Yeah, one is an ironman, the other one regularly unhealthy and not able to play.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
This thread has inspired me to create my own diet, "Ketochup." I will only eat ketchup and dishes covered in ketchup. Part of the diet also includes telling strangers on the Internet that I'm in better shape than them

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Ive been a chef for a decade now and I find it hilarious that a multi-millionnaire would eat like this. He's basically eating the same food I was as a 12 years old cooking for myself.
They eat to get fuel, not to enjoy. This is a pre-game meal, not their off season Saturday with friends.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Honestly though. Not to defend ketchup but what does Americans know about food. I lived some time in Canada and USA and Canada especially water down every forign diah, such as Indian food for example until it taste nothing.

I had to go to some Ethiopian restaurant near freel st next to the grocery store in Ottawa to actually taste something that doesn't resemble water.

Moreover tim horton sucks as well.

USA is a little bit better but likewise there, you go to an Asian restaurant and you'll get some can food thing in oyster sauce. The milk taste bad, not good butter, the diary products in general.

In Ralph's, probably the best you can get is the potato soup at the soup counter with a baguette.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I'm really confused, yet curious. How can I find out more about this untoasted toast that isn't bread?
You made me laugh out loud.

Ok let me rephrase it.
By definition its bread. Plain simple white bread. You buy it and can toast it.
It is sould under the name of toast. Because well it is commonly toasted and eaten.
If you ask a german what toast is he will show you this:

front_de.26.full.jpg

(buttered toast)
White bread.

Now to why many germans don't consider this actual bread, even though it is by definition.
Well when we think about bread we think about sour dough bread, full wheat bread, dark bread, Komissbrot (even though nobody calls it that here) and so on. We are not that into white wheat breads. They are seen as unhealthy and associated with mass production (this does not include baguette and various other white bread types from italy).

Basically if a bread looks similar to this:

breads-bauernbrot-deichrunners-kueche.jpg

or this

original.jpg

Its conssidered real bread. Of course the personal preference also plays a role.

But overall white bread thats shaped like wonderbread is associated with unhealthy massproduced food.
Which doesn't mean that every white bread is considered Bad. Only the shape 😅

Last edited:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
There is a psychology case study to be had here, long term effects of trying to find comfort eating buffet food in high stress pre game situations

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Mackinnon already has high blood pressure and in retirement, it will be exacerbated by screaming at his clubs and family until his throat bleeds.

• Haha
Reactions: kingsholygrail

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
That's a myth.
If you made it pas childhood diseases you lived to a ripe old age.

People are shorter, sick and unhealthy now vs. pre-agriculture human.
Certainly true about childhood diseases, but you forget about malnutrition in general. Human populations could not grow and thrive without agriculture.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Certainly true about childhood diseases, but you forget about malnutrition in general. Human populations could not grow and thrive without agriculture.
We overdid the growing thing.

Monocrop agriculture is part of the problem.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
You made me laugh out loud.

Ok let me rephrase it.
By definition its bread. Plain simple white bread. You buy it and can toast it.
It is sould under the name of toast. Because well it is commonly toasted and eaten.
If you ask a german what toast is he will show you this:

View attachment 852142
(buttered toast)
White bread.

Now to why many germans don't consider this actual bread, even though it is by definition.
Well when we think about bread we think about sour dough bread, full wheat bread, dark bread, Komissbrot (even though nobody calls it that here) and so on. We are not that into white wheat breads. They are seen as unhealthy and associated with mass production (this does not include baguette and various other white bread types from italy).

Basically if a bread looks similar to this:

View attachment 852145

or this

View attachment 852146

Its conssidered real bread. Of course the personal preference also plays a role.

But overall white bread thats shaped like wonderbread is associated with unhealthy massproduced food.
Which doesn't mean that every white bread is considered Bad. Only the shape 😅

Thanks for taking the time to explain that, I learned a cultural thing. Makes some sense, too.

Kamaya Painters

Nov 8, 2018
Erik Karlsson is like Courtney Dauwalter.

He trains and competes on feeling but likes his routines.

Karlsson will eat whatever that he ate is called and Dauwalter's pre run meal would consist of black coffee and cinnamon toast crunch.

He'll play 25-30 minutes a game and score tons of points. She'll train 160 km a week and compete in races of 200-250 km.

His post-game meal is probably some pizza and her is nachos with beer.

Both of them are doing what they love and making money doing it while 99,9% of you who're giving Karlsson tips are browsing the web at your job instead of doing..your job..

:nod:

Courtney is a beauty btw. Ultra runners are in 99,99% of cases.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Thanks for taking the time to explain that, I learned a cultural thing. Makes some sense, too.
No problem.
It may not be the perfect explanation.
But it has also to do with us adopting the word toast and then just using it for the bread that we toast in the toaster.

I always find little cultural differences interesting. Helps to understand each other a bit better ^^

Reactions: SmoggyTwinkles

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Honestly though. Not to defend ketchup but what does Americans know about food. I lived some time in Canada and USA and Canada especially water down every forign diah, such as Indian food for example until it taste nothing.

I had to go to some Ethiopian restaurant near freel st next to the grocery store in Ottawa to actually taste something that doesn't resemble water.

Moreover tim horton sucks as well.

USA is a little bit better but likewise there, you go to an Asian restaurant and you'll get some can food thing in oyster sauce. The milk taste bad, not good butter, the diary products in general.

In Ralph's, probably the best you can get is the potato soup at the soup counter with a baguette.
You're describing Ottawa not Canada. I assure you Indian, Asian food in Vancouver, Toronto is anything but watered down.

Also I'm pretty sure you could get elected Prime Minister running on the slogan "Tim Horton's is garbage" so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad