Opinions on Erik Karlsson's pre-game meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It always amazes me how unhealthily professional athletes can eat. You'd imagine that since this is their profession and they make millions doing it, they'd at least eat healthy and nutritious food.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Seeing how he's playing lately I think he needs to switch to a keto diet.
Keto diet is probably the stupidest fad I have ever seen. It's always the dudes with 0 discipline and work ethic trying to find a shortcut (that doesn't even work) just to feel some sense of accomplishment without actually doing anything.

But for guys who are in elite physical shape, a high carb diet pre-game will do wonders. Lots of fast digesting carbs or sugars >>>

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Keto diet is probably the stupidest fad I have ever seen. It's always the dudes with 0 discipline and work ethic trying to find a shortcut (that doesn't even work) just to feel some sense of accomplishment without actually doing anything.

Virta health uses keto to reverse diabetes. They are worth 2 billion. Is 2 billion stupid ?

Keto treats drug-resistant epilepsy.

Keto is being studied for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Results are very consistent and promising.

Fad ?

Weird definition of fad. If I zoom out 2 million years, i'd say agriculture is a fad (last 12,000 years) and it's not going well.

I'd say IMO, but pubmed has 1000s of studies.

Last edited:

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Virta health uses keto to reverse diabetes. They are worth 2 billion. Is 2 billion stupid ?

Keto treats drug-resistant epilepsy.

Keto is being studied for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Results are very consistent and promising.

Fad ?

Weird definition of fad. If I zoom out 2 million years, i'd say agriculture is a fad and it's not going well.

I'd say IMO, but I pubmed has 1000s of studies.

Got no stake in this one, but great response.

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022

But for guys who are in elite physical shape, a high carb diet pre-game will do wonders. Lots of fast digesting carbs or sugars >>>
you’re probably fat or out of shape

Keto is the best way to lose weight

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
The best way is the way that works for you. It’s not magic.
Not really. The studies have shown keto is much better than calorie counting.

Much of losing weight has nothing to do with calorie counting but rather insulin in the body. Cutting out carbs and sugars works better than calorie counts. In fact many people who cut calories lose minimal weight and then regain that weight later on.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
The best way to lose weight is to not shove worthless carbs down your gullet without any plans to work them off. This is true.

But the best way to lose weight is an active lifestyle and a diet that works for your own body.

BINGO!

I'm so sick of this "one size, fits all" with regards to diets.

The only thing you'll have me agreeing on is people should cut down on processed foods and sugar.

The Grim Reaper

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Not really. The studies have shown keto is much better than calorie counting.

Much of losing weight has nothing to do with calorie counting but rather insulin in the body. Cutting out carbs and sugars works better than calorie counts. In fact many people who cut calories lose minimal weight and then regain that weight later on.
And has the highest failure rate of individuals sticking with it out of all major diets.

The activation energy to simply cut calories and increase fiber intake is a hell of a lot more appealing to the average individual than telling them they can’t eat 50% of foods.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Between this guy and the likes of Kessel, Ovi, Kucherov and the many DUIs and substance abusers.. I'm really starting to question the people who beak off about older players being plumbers compared to today.. ranch???

Turns out when you burn 5k calories a day you can afford a lot of cheating after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad