trade Weir,Chiasson, and Prospect (Perron maybe) for Hamhuis

That's exactly what I was thinking!

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015
Mac turris stone
Ryan pageau lazar
Hoff zibby prince
Puemp smith michalek

I'd like to see Ryan and pageau kept together, They really impressed me last night.

Methot karl
Wier ceci
Boro wideman
Cowen

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Mac turris stone
Ryan pageau lazar
Hoff zibby prince
Puemp smith michalek

I'd like to see Ryan and pageau kept together, They really impressed me last night.

Methot karl
Wier ceci
Boro wideman
Cowen

IF best players play, this is it as far as players in Top12F; Top 6D. Chiasson as the 13; Neil as the 14.

Based on Hammond's preseason, O'Conner has looked better. He needs to play, but if Hammond falters, O'Connor should be up pretty quick.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I was digging Pageau with Ryan yesterday, so if we formulate something around that:

MacTurrston
Hoffman-Pageau-Ryan
Prince-Zib-Lazar
Puempel-Smith-Michalek

or 4th line of Michalek-Smith-Chiasson

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Has Lazar ever played LW? I know he hasn't done it consistently. If the Pageau/Ryan experiment works out I wouldn't be opposed to something like this...

MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Lazar/Ryan - Pageau - Lazar/Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Michalek

Really deep top-nine. DC would be able to split the ice-time fairly close for all three lines. Let Smith, Neil, Chiasson, Prince/Puempel, ect figh it out for the remaining 10 minutes a game.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Roster is pretty much set, with the only real question what will the fourth line look like.

Presuming Michalek is up with Pageau and Lazar, basically comes down to Smith centering two of Neil, Chiasson and Prince, with Greening waiting in the wings (or sent down to clear waivers). A few bumps and bruises will basically have all of these guys playing 50%+ of the time.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
These are probably the guys that start the season in Ottawa with Phillips & Greening on the IR although Greening could be back soon enough. Phillips could be like Methot last yr & stay on the IR until something is done with the roster through trade or waivers or become healthy enough to play as soon as a regular defenceman or two goes down with a serious injury. Both Prince & Wideman should find themselves in the lineup sooner rather than later especially Wideman with Cowen.

Michalek - Pageau - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Lazar
Chiasson - Smith - Neil/Prince/Greening

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boroweicki/Wideman/Phillips

Anderson - Hammond

http://www.tsn.ca/senators-slowly-trying-to-rebuild-cowen-s-game-1.369367

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
These are probably the guys that start the season in Ottawa with Phillips & Greening on the IR although Greening could be back soon enough. Phillips could be like Methot last yr & stay on the IR until something is done with the roster through trade or waivers or become healthy enough to play as soon as a regular defenceman or two goes down with a serious injury. Both Prince & Wideman should find themselves in the lineup sooner rather than later especially Wideman with Cowen.

Michalek - Pageau - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Lazar
Chiasson - Smith - Neil/Prince/Greening

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boroweicki/Wideman/Phillips

Anderson - Hammond

Swap Lazar and Ryan and that's probably the opening night lines. Prince and Wideman in the pressbox. Phillips on IR, and Greening, well Idk, but not in the lineup that's almost a certainty.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
gord wilson ‏@gordwilson · 36m36 minutes ago

Suspected Sens lines vs MtL
Hoffman-zibanejad-ryan
Macarthur-lazar-Stone
Chiasson-smith-neil
Greening-pageau-puempel

Interesting. Of note, Prince was skating with Turris and Michalek, which tells me Prince is basically playing opening night. He has done enough, and I think most would agree with that. Greening and Puempel are the odd men out at this point (which is why they are getting a chance to play).

The other shuffling seems to be a chance for Lazar to play at center - we need a 5th center and he is the most likely candidate if someone goes down to injury, as he can easily shift over. Makes sense.

Not much else to make out of it. I don't think we can tell who will be on the 4th line at this point beside Smith. It might be a bit of a rotation with Chiasson, Neil and Prince all getting some games early on, and once an injury or two occur, there won't be any hard decisions to make, basically.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
O'Conner up with Hammond's groin tweak; could see him start up here next week.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Prince Turris Stone
Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
MacArthur Pageau Lazar
Puempel Smith Milo

Chiasson Neil
I.R Greening

Meth Karlsson
Wier Ceci
Cowen Wideman

BoroCop
I.R Philips

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Prince Turris Stone
Hoffman Zibanejad Ryan
MacArthur Pageau Lazar
Puempel Smith Milo

Chiasson Neil
I.R Greening

Meth Karlsson
Wier Ceci
Cowen Wideman

BoroCop
I.R Philips

Murray has already said, the total on the roster will be 22 or 23, which means likely 2 forwards (at least one), will be sent down. Best guess is Puempel and Greening, although Colin could hang around for a week or more before being sent down.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Swap Lazar and Ryan and that's probably the opening night lines. Prince and Wideman in the pressbox. Phillips on IR, and Greening, well Idk, but not in the lineup that's almost a certainty.

This was just another example of trying to spread the scoring around or balancing out the lines a little better.

gord wilson ‏@gordwilson · 36m36 minutes ago

Suspected Sens lines vs MtL
Hoffman-zibanejad-ryan
Macarthur-lazar-Stone
Chiasson-smith-neil
Greening-pageau-puempel

Interesting. Of note, Prince was skating with Turris and Michalek, which tells me Prince is basically playing opening night. He has done enough, and I think most would agree with that. Greening and Puempel are the odd men out at this point (which is why they are getting a chance to play).

The other shuffling seems to be a chance for Lazar to play at center - we need a 5th center and he is the most likely candidate if someone goes down to injury, as he can easily shift over. Makes sense.

Not much else to make out of it. I don't think we can tell who will be on the 4th line at this point beside Smith. It might be a bit of a rotation with Chiasson, Neil and Prince all getting some games early on, and once an injury or two occur, there won't be any hard decisions to make, basically.

I like the idea of moving Lazar to centre or at the least trying him there from time to time as an injury replacement. Personally, I think he eventually goes back to centre in a yr or two. Good to see Greening is back healthy again although that injury may have cost him his last attempt at an NHL job. Speaking of injury, there was a lot of talk Robinson having a shot at the lineup this yr & unfortunately blocking a shot injured him & may have also cost him a shot at the NHL, no one is talking about him any more.

O'Conner up with Hammond's groin tweak; could see him start up here next week.

The goalie injuries have started early this season, maybe that means they will be healthy to end the yr. I like having O'Connor as a callup from Bingo, he has the potential to be a starter in the NHL not all that far down the road.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Chiasson-Pageau-Lazar
Prince-Smith-Michalek

Not bad. But a couple of things. I'm starting to think Ryan and Zib can't be on the same line together. They struggle with the puck too much. Can't control it. Also, why play Chia and Michalek on off-wings? Chiasson is a fourth liner anyways. So...

Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hoff - Zib - Stone
Michalek - JGP - Lazar
Prince - Smith - Chia

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Not bad. But a couple of things. I'm starting to think Ryan and Zib can't be on the same line together. They struggle with the puck too much. Can't control it. Also, why play Chia and Michalek on off-wings? Chiasson is a fourth liner anyways. So...

Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hoff - Zib - Stone
Michalek - JGP - Lazar
Prince - Smith - Chia

Switch Milo and Prince and I agree completely.

Our fourth line will be useless, but Prince could fit into Condra's role much better than Milo. Milo's going to provide scoring depth in case of an injury, but playing with Smith and Chiasson is where he belongs.

I would love to drop Smith and get an upgraded 2-way forward to play with Milo and Chiasson which could make them somewhat effective.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Switch Milo and Prince and I agree completely.

Our fourth line will be useless, but Prince could fit into Condra's role much better than Milo. Milo's going to provide scoring depth in case of an injury, but playing with Smith and Chiasson is where he belongs.

I would love to drop Smith and get an upgraded 2-way forward to play with Milo and Chiasson which could make them somewhat effective.

Yah I was thinking of the kind of two way center it would take to make Chiasson effective... I came up with Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron one of them could do it.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009

Mac - Turris - Ryan
Hoff - Zib - Stone
Michalek - JGP - Lazar
Prince - Smith - Chia

I really like those lines. Smith and Chia are terrible at handling the puck but Prince is awesome. And Michalek has some touch and that third line can just be a hard working grinding defensive line that can score.

I actually love those lines quite a bit. Neil can slide into almost either one of those bottom two and it still maintains a scoring touch.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
If Cowen continues to improve and Wier continues to be inconsistent, I see Cowen replacing Wier as Ceci's partner.

I remember last year there was a stretch of games where Cowen and Ceci looked really good together.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If Cowen continues to improve and Wier continues to be inconsistent, I see Cowen replacing Wier as Ceci's partner.

Still a ways to go I think.

But I'm also not super high on Wiercioch.

I think there's a distinct gap between Karlsson, Methot and Ceci and the rest of our defencemen.

Patrick's biggest issue is being tentative and lacking decisiveness, but maybe a regular partner and some time in the line-up will give him some confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad