Line Combos: Opening Night Roster + Lines Confirmed

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

It's noon, so looks like both Sproul and Booth cleared.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Cap machinations are weird. Wings needed to sign Booth and then waive him, likely due to using the LTIR loophole with Franzen. Seems really dumb that they have to let every other team have a crack at the guy they're signing at the end of training camp.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cap machinations are weird. Wings needed to sign Booth and then waive him, likely due to using the LTIR loophole with Franzen. Seems really dumb that they have to let every other team have a crack at the guy they're signing at the end of training camp.

I don't think it's dumb. If you don't want to waive him then be cap compliant (like you're supposed to).

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I don't think it's dumb. If you don't want to waive him then be cap compliant (like you're supposed to).

Sorry, what's dumb is that you are somehow allowed to become cap compliant like the very next day. That's what I'm saying is weird. It's just goofy that you literally have to be cap compliant for like ten seconds. That there are so many "shell game" things that you can do to make a nonsense of the regulations.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So is Booth expected to be with the team for the majority of the season? How did he look in preseason?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
So is Booth expected to be with the team for the majority of the season? How did he look in preseason?
At least to start, with the AA holdout and the Bert(mainly)/Svech injuries a spot opened up on the 4th line for him. He played really hard in preseason and shot the puck a ton, he wants nothing more in the world than to play hockey for the Red Wings and it showed. I said some nasty things about him when they first announced the PTO but he really impressed me - there was no doubt who Detroit would sign between him and PAP.

We'll see how he holds up, I can see him and Witkowski rotating in on the 4th line early, when Bert gets back he'll probably go to GR off the bat to get up to speed and depending on his play and Booths (I guess Frk's too) they'll address it at that time. So I'd say a month is his minimum, he can play his way to a season long 4th line role.

Also, him starting the season in Detroit for the opening of LCA is really big for him and his family I bet.

Reactions: PG Canuck

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Whats with all the XO love? The bloke has been awful since he entered the NHL. He was worse than Hicketts in pre-season adn the only reason he is still here is to sit as the 7th and cover injuries.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Whats with all the XO love? The bloke has been awful since he entered the NHL. He was worse than Hicketts in pre-season adn the only reason he is still here is to sit as the 7th and cover injuries.

I'm not a fan. I would like the Wings to move him simply for the salary savings alone.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

He was pretty good during the back-half of last season, generally a top 4 guy after he got his shot.

I think he is just unable to make the skating gains he needs unfortunately. Still a pretty smart player, it just looks like he cannot hit the next level and man it would have been nice if he could have found just a half step more in his skating.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lines for next game (in the spirit of Martin FRRRK) :

Ttr - Zttrbrg - Nqst
Mnth - Lrkn - Frk
Bdlkdr - Nlsn - Hlm
Bth - Shhn - Glndng

Dl - Dksr
Rcssn - Grn
Llt - Jnsn

Hwrd/Mrzk