Line Combos: Opening Night Roster + Lines Confirmed

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Maybe this is the year we dont try to ride Zetterberg into the grave? Certainly handled it like a champ last year but we should really give him a bit lighter duties and let the next generation handle that pain.

I'd like us to line up as such.

Tatar- Larkin - Mantha
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
AA - Nielson - Frk
Helm - Sheahan - Glendening

DD - Green
Kronwall - Jensen
XO - Ericcson

Howard - Mrazek

Riding the bench:
Sproul, McIlrath, Bertuzzi

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Akader - Zeta - Mantha
(Net-front - playmaker - sniper)

Tatar - Nielsen - Nyquist
(Offensive wingers, Nielsen defensive responsibilty)

Athanasiou - Larkin - Helm
(SPEEEEED, fastest line in NHL)

Sheahan - Glendy - Bertuzzi
(Survival line)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Maybe this is the year we dont try to ride Zetterberg into the grave? Certainly handled it like a champ last year but we should really give him a bit lighter duties and let the next generation handle that pain.
It is time for rest of the team to step up

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
My way too early opening night lines:
Tatar-Hank-Nyquist
Abby-Larkin-AA
Helm-Nielsen-Mantha
Sheahan/Glendening-lil Bert

2 and 3 can be interchangeable.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Tatar-Hank-Nyquist
Larkin-Nielsen-Sharp
Abdelkader-AA-Mantha
Helm-Glendening-Sheahan

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Nyquist - Z - Mantha
AA - Larkin - Tatar
Helm - Nielsen - Abdelkader
Sheahan - glendenning - whoever we sign probably maybe Bert takes helms spot

Green - DD
Jensen - Ouellet
Kronwall - Ericsson?

Goalie: whoever plays better in preseason but probably mrazek

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Mantha-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Abdelkader-Larkin-Tatar
AA-Nielsen-Helm
Sheahan-Glendening-Bertuzzi
(Frk)

Green-DeKeyser
Ouellet-Ericsson
Kronwall-Jensen
(Sproul)

Howard/Mrazek

This is barring any trades/UFA signings. Only thing I'm sure about is the 4th line. Holland is going to sign another forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see Vanek or Ott back. If they don't add another Forward, I can see Svech potentially making the team.

Also god our D is atrocious.

Last edited:

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
What will happen:

Mantha - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Abdelkader - Larkin - Tatar
AA - Nielsen - Helm
Sheahan - Glendening - Miller
(Frk)

DeKeyser - Green
Kronwall - Girardi
Ericsson - Jensen
(Ouellet)

Holland signs:

Miller for 1 x 950k.

Girardi for 2 x 2.5m

Both provide veteran presence and experience on the ice and are great locker room guys.

What should happen:

Mantha - Zetterberg - Svechnikov
AA - Larkin - Tatar
Abdelkader - Nielsen - Helm
Sheahan - Glendening - Bertuzzi
(Frk)

DeKeyser - Green
Ouellet - Jensen
Kronwall - Ericsson
(Sproul)

Nyquist traded for Fabbro + whatever
Svechnikov, Bertuzzi and Frk with the big boys.
Was tempted to kick out one/both of Kronwall and Ericsson in favour of Russo or whoever, but I'm fine with them getting 15 minutes until Fabbro and Hronek are ready in 2019.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Svechnikov can't even put up ppg in the a but your going to give him first line time? Ok

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Svechnikov can't even put up ppg in the a but your going to give him first line time? Ok

Is the accepted threshold now to wait until a guy is PPG in the AHL before giving him games?

You can swap him with Tatar or AA if you'd really like, I'd just prefer Larkin not have two really young guys on his wings.

Holland has already stated he is not bringing Miller back.

Never say never.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'm curious how much of a leash Blashill has for Mantha and AA this year. Mantha was benched for multiple games in a row near the end of the year and Blashill seems to completely dislike AA at times. A lot of people were extremely disappointed in Mantha and AA at times (which isn't anything crazy for young players), but I can't imagine they'll all of a sudden be allowed to play 15-17 minutes every night.

My guess is that Holland finds a couple cheap veterans that play in the top 6 to take pressure off of Mantha/AA/Blashill. I still think Mantha and AA are at least a year away from management having trust in them.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha
Abdelkader-Larkin-Nyquist
Helm-Nielsen-AA
Bertuzzi-Glendening-Sheahan
Frk

DeKeyser-Green
Ericsson-Jensen
Kronwall-Ouellet
Sproul

Howard
Mrazek

Other then Bertuzzi i've a feeling it's going to be the same lineup as last season.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Line combos

The variations are almost endless so here's my take

1)Zetts/Nielsen/Nyquist

2)Tatar/Larkin/Mantha

3)AA/Sheahan/Helm

4)Bert/Glen/Abby

Frk

DDK/Green
Ouelett/Jensen
Kronner or Ericsson*/McIlwrath
Sproul/Russo

*I fear that, given their health issues, we will be lucky to get 80 games played between Kronner and Ericsson.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
McIlwrath could bring energy and fisicality to this team ,I like to see him with Kronwall

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Mantha-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Abdelkader-Larkin-Tata
AA-Nielsen-Helm
Sheahan-Glendening-Bertuzzi
(Frk)

Green-DeKeyser
Ouellet-Ericsson
Kronwall-Jensen
(Sproul)

Howard/Mrazek

This is barring any trades/UFA signings. Only thing I'm sure about is the 4th line. Holland is going to sign another forward. Wouldn't be surprised to see Vanek or Ott back. If they don't add another Forward, I can see Svech potentially making the team.

Also god our D is atrocious.

Vanek would be a possibility. He was good with Nyquist and Helm for a stretch before injuries. Ott is now assistant coach for the Blues, so that won't happen.

I don't think it matters what the line up is. We are going to suck until our D core improves. Doesn't matter what else we do. PP MUST IMPROVE TOO.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Vanek was good offensively, but one of league-worst players in high-danger corsi against. If we want to tank, we could sign him.

But also some young kid like Frk could do those same mistakes and probably get a chance to learn about them.

We kind of need a right-handed left-side forward shooter on our PP, period. If we won't get Foo, the only player we have will be Marty Frk.

-------- screener

FRK ----- Mantha --- Zetterberg

--------- Green

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha
Abdelkader-Larkin-Nyquist
Helm-Nielsen-AA
Bertuzzi-Glendening-Sheahan
Frk

DeKeyser-Green
Ericsson-Jensen
Kronwall-Ouellet
Sproul

Howard
Mrazek

Other then Bertuzzi i've a feeling it's going to be the same lineup as last season.

I'd actually be quiet happy with this assuming Holland will be willing to ship out Green if the team falls out of the race.

Ideally I'd like to see one of Nyquist/Tatar shipped for a dman but It seems they don't have that kind of value.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
My guess is that Holland finds a couple cheap veterans that play in the top 6 to take pressure off of Mantha/AA/Blashill. I still think Mantha and AA are at least a year away from management having trust in them.

I think you're right, sadly. I would love to see both just be given a chance to sink or swim. Isn't the pressure already off? We missed last season. Streak's over. Time to see exactly what the kids are.
But also some young kid like Frk could do those same mistakes and probably get a chance to learn about them.

Would love to see Frk get a chance. Hope he gets one.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Mantha
Tatar - Nielsen - XXXX (Svechnikov)
Helm - Larkin - Athanasiou
Bertuzzi - Glendening - Sheahan

Extra : Frk

Dekeyser - Green
Ouellet - Jensen
Kronwall - Ericsson

Extra : Sproul

Howard
Mrazek

I think Nyquist is traded for some D prospect or almost NHL ready D.
Russo is the first D call-up, Holmstrom as first FW call-up? Maybe Foo is he signes here.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'd actually be quiet happy with this assuming Holland will be willing to ship out Green if the team falls out of the race.

Ideally I'd like to see one of Nyquist/Tatar shipped for a dman but It seems they don't have that kind of value.

Yeah honestly knowing Holland, I think that's pretty much the exact same line up we can expect going into this season. I think Svechnikov gets first call up here. Definitely all for moving Green at the TD if we're out of it again.

Same here if we could move out one of Nyquist/Tatar for an upgrade on D that would be nice, But i'm not really confident that Holland can pull it off. I think it's going to be another long boring summer here,

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Abs - Z - Tatar
Mantha - Nielsen - Nyquist
Larkin - Sheahan - Helm
AA - Glendening - UFA
Bert

DDK - Jensen
Green - Kronwall
XO - Ericsson
Russo

Howard
Mrazek

Z will get 20+ minutes a night, AA will be scratched 33% of the time, Larkin won't get any meaningful time at C until the final 10ish games of the season, again.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Larkin and Z can take turns at C/LW with Nyquist on RW
Tatar-Nielsen-Mantha
AA -Helm-Abby
Sheahan-Luke-which ever prospect makes it

Kronwall-Green
DDK - Jensen
XO- Ericsson

Ad

Upcoming events