Post-Game Talk: OPENING NIGHT! October 8th - VAN @ CGY - 8:00MT (Sportsnet)

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Was at the game last night with the GF. She downright said several times "I don't know much about hockey but man Shifty(her nickname for Gaudreau) is good!!!"

Was thoroughly unimpressed by Wideman, Colbourne and Bollig last night. Wideman for obvious reasons. Colbourne because the puck died on his stick far too often in the offensive zone (especially when his line mates in Byron and Gaudreau were probably our best). Bollig because he was mostly invisible.

Props to McGratton helping getting the team to wake the **** up. I think it was early in the second when one of our guys got crunched and he came out and laid his two big hits. It was the first time the crowd truly woke up last night in the Dome.

The first was just off season rust, I get that. But man was it painful to watch both teams.

Russel and Backlund were the only two players on the whole team that could enter the zone and keep the puck on their sticks. That has to change. Far too much unsuccessful dump and chase last night. Raymond tried but every time it did work his line mates had gone off for a change.

Lastly, unfortunately Vrbata looks quite good with the Sedins

I demand you change your custom user text to "man Shifty is good"

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Was at the game last night with the GF. She downright said several times "I don't know much about hockey but man Shifty(her nickname for Gaudreau) is good!!!"

Was thoroughly unimpressed by Wideman, Colbourne and Bollig last night. Wideman for obvious reasons. Colbourne because the puck died on his stick far too often in the offensive zone (especially when his line mates in Byron and Gaudreau were probably our best). Bollig because he was mostly invisible.

Props to McGratton helping getting the team to wake the **** up. I think it was early in the second when one of our guys got crunched and he came out and laid his two big hits. It was the first time the crowd truly woke up last night in the Dome.

The first was just off season rust, I get that. But man was it painful to watch both teams.

Russel and Backlund were the only two players on the whole team that could enter the zone and keep the puck on their sticks. That has to change. Far too much unsuccessful dump and chase last night. Raymond tried but every time it did work his line mates had gone off for a change.

Lastly, unfortunately Vrbata looks quite good with the Sedins

Add Johnny to that list.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Looks like Feaster's given up on being a GM in the NHL ever again.

Jay Feaster ‏@therealjfeaster
So many things I would like to say re: @NHLFlames loss tonight & no new contract for Hartley, but as Mom always said, if 0 nice 2 say, say 0

I'm confused if he wants to slander Burke for not offering Hartley a contract, or slander Hartley, the guy who Feaster brought in in the first place.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm confused if he wants to slander Burke for not offering Hartley a contract, or slander Hartley, the guy who Feaster brought in in the first place.
I doubt he would slander Hartley, he's one of his best friends

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Agreed people are ******. 2 seconds of forethought on Feasters part would be all it took for people not to be bashing him though. I don't condone it but surely he could've seen this kind of thing coming with a comment like that.
yes, it's all Feasters fault people are calling him fat.

Next time I have some ******* call me fat from a passing car as I walk I will remember it's my fault for leaving the house.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
yes, it's all Feasters fault people are calling him fat.

Next time I have some ******* call me fat from a passing car as I walk I will remember it's my fault for leaving the house.

Really man?

Essentially I said if he provokes people he just shouldn't be surprised when the **** heads come and say stuff like that. It's simply the reality of the Internet, where anonymity rules. I said I don't condone it. You seem to have taken my post in the wrong way, sorry for that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Really man?

Essentially I said if he provokes people he just shouldn't be surprised when the **** heads come and say stuff like that. It's simply the reality of the Internet, where anonymity rules. I said I don't condone it. You seem to have taken my post in the wrong way, sorry for that.
It's still blaming the victim, no matter how you slice it.

He has the right to be an idiot without being called fat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad