Line Combos: Opening night forward lines...whatcha got?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I hear you on speed with Spooner vs speed with Krejci.

As I said, I would prefer Eriksson/Connolly with Krejci, and Beleksey/Pasta with Spooner, just not sure if CJ will do that.

Don't see who the shooter is on Eriksson/Krejci/Hayes line is? Hayes had three fewer shots than Eriksson last season and if I have one complaint about Eriksson, its that he doesn't shoot. Don't see him as a Horton shooting guy, more like a Chara on the powerplay in front of the net type. I like that kind of garbage collector with Bergeron and Marchand more than with Krejci and Eriksson.

I'm hoping that now that Lou has finally a healthy season he returns to Dallas Lou form even more, but Hayes/Connolly is my only ?? that who should be with Krecji and which one with Bergeron, Marchand can snipe well enough.

Would be great if we would have 3 strong 2way lines, hard for the other team to get around it and gives Julien lot of options, if Kemppainen has a great pre season then our forward lines should work very well.
We should see more scoring from them if we don't have to use our top6 guys always just playing the toughest minutes.

Krecji+Lou IQ/passing magic with Connolly could work very well, should score 20+.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The easy part:

Eriksson | Krejci | Connolly
Marchand | Bergeron | Hayes
Beleskey | Spooner | Pastrnak

Really like the fluidity of that top 9. Eriksson and Krejci play a slow, methodical game, which I really feel would benefit getting someone like Connolly space to use his plus shot. We know what we're getting with Marchand and Bergeron, and having a body like Hayes in front adds a nice element that the line was lacking with Smith. Spooner and Pastrnak showed us last year that they have great chemistry, and having another bigger winger in Beleskey, while he isn't Lucic, will hopefully continue to creat space for them.

The not so easy part:

Kelly | Kempannien | Rinaldo (Ideally)
Kelly | Talbot | Rinaldo (Claude)

I'm willing to give Rinaldo a chance. If he's buzzing around hitting people and not taking completely stupid, back breaking penalties, well then he's doing exactly what he was brought in here to do and it's an element that the team needs. Kempannien is a wild card since we haven't seen him in an NHL setting, but if his resume is any indication, he's a useful piece.

The problem with the 4th line, is that the obvious safety blanket ala Campbell/Paillie for Claude is still there with Kelly and Talbot. I have no problem keeping one on the roster, because they'd still be a useful piece, but not both.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Eriksson-Krejci-Connolly/Pastrnak
Marchard-Bergeron-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak/Connelly
Kelly-Kemp-Ferlin

Eriksson deserves a real shot with Krejci now and some real minutes. And the team's best bet as a winger to put up 60+ points. If Connolly doesn't even mildly perform on the top line, think switching him with Pastrnak on the 3rd line is a good back up plan. Connolly should have no problem least being a 3rd liner with sheltered minutes. And Eriksson, Krejci, Pastrnak have a real shot at being a real #1 line. But personally would give Connolly the chance first to succeed.
This is what I have as well

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
Belesky - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergy - Connolly
Loui - Spooner - Hayes
Talbot - Kelly - Rinaldo

This was my guess.. reading the comments though I understand the preference to swap Connolly and Hayes.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I wanna see ,
Erikkson/Krejci/Connolly
Marchand/ Bergy/ Hayes
Beleskey /Spooner/ Pasta
Kelly/Kemp/Ronaldo

Erikkson gets a shot at LW, we get to boost his value if he's traded or get to see he really works well there and extend him. Connolly gets the chance he's never had and we find out the truth about him.

Hayes could work on this line picking up the garbage around the net.

Beleskey brings some bang and speed to what has already proven to work

Don't really want to see Kelly or Rinaldo there but it is what it is so...........

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
My lines are as follows:

Eriksson-Krejci-Connolley
Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
After watching some of the Det vs Bos game where Trotman scored his first goal, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWoz_zXXuSk) I really think that Spooner and Connolly make a great combo. Connolly has enough speed to play with Spooner, but has the size to work the boards and make that line a more complete line rather than doing its best impression of Edmonton Oilers hockey.

Beleksey Krejci Pastrnak
Marchand Bergeron Hayes
Eriksson Spooner Connolly

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Loui - Krejci - Hayes
Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
Belesky - Spooner - Pasta
Talbot - Kelly - Rinaldo
Kemp/Ferlin

Fourth lines fluid. Kelly will probably be there the rest depends how camp goes.

Edit. For me, Belesky has the wheels to keep up with Spoons and Pasta on the third and gives that line a bit of jam. I think Loui and Krejci should be given the opportunity to play together, neither plays a real speed game and I think if there's chemistry they could compliment each other quite well. Hayes and Connolly are interchangeable but putting them on the right side of line mates who are defensively responsible could be beneficial.

I think you got it...i expect eriksson and belesky to bounce back and forth a bit... hayes and connolly could bounce back and forth. Lots of new faces so will make our lines more fluid then recent years but i like this combo as odds in favorite for our new 4th line.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'd like to see:

Marchand - Bergeron - Hayes
Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Belesky - Spooner - Pastrnak
Rinaldo - Kelly - Ferlin

Extras: Randell, Talbot

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Beleskey - Spooner - Hayes
Rinaldo - Kelly - Ferlin
Talbot

It would be ideal to have both Eriksson and Pastrnak in the top 6. Forwards to pay attention to this season are Connolly, Beleskey, Marchand, and Eriksson.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Eriksson-Krejci-Pastrnak

Marchand- Bergeron-Connolly

Belesky-Spooner-Hayes

Kelly-Kemppainen-Ferlin

Chara-Trotman

Seidenberg-C Miller

Krug-McQuaid

Irwin/Miller

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Eriksson-Krejci-Pastrnak

Marchand- Bergeron-Connolly

Belesky-Spooner-Hayes

Kelly-Kemppainen-Ferlin

Chara-Trotman

Seidenberg-C Miller

Krug-McQuaid

Irwin/Miller

Do you think pairing Spooner with those wings is negating Spooner's speed as an asset? Especially Hayes.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do you think pairing Spooner with those wings is negating Spooner's speed as an asset? Especially Hayes.

no especially because Beleskey has decent wheels

Spooner likes to play in the middle of the ice so I gave him two guys who play down low and will work the walls so Ryan doesn't have to go near the boards except to go to the bench or on the power play setting up.

I like Connolly with Marchand and Bergeron because his game coming out of the WHL was a guy with a great shot and good offensive instincts. Bergeron and Marchnad did wonders for Seguin and Tyler had a ridiculous +/- and was able to get a good flow going. I like Connolly and this is a good way to get him into the flow and get some confidence and success.

Bottom line is if you cant play well with Bergeron and Marchand your in trouble. I want to get him going and I think he will. I like that deal quite a bit.

I like DK with Loui, and as someone said Loui hangs around the net, but he and DK are smart and both are very good defensive 200 foot players. Pasta is still a teenager and can be all over the place plus this allows him like Connolly on the other line work in as the third wheel albeit a talented one.

The fourth line could be any of Kelly/Talbot/Rinaldo/Ferlin/Kemppainen/Koko/Ferlin/Griffith but the first 3 seem logical and Kemppainen is an Axelsson call and he holds a lot of weight so I put him on there as the new toy with no dents or scratches.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
no especially because Beleskey has decent wheels

Spooner likes to play in the middle of the ice so I gave him two guys who play down low and will work the walls so Ryan doesn't have to go near the boards except to go to the bench or on the power play setting up.

I like Connolly with Marchand and Bergeron because his game coming out of the WHL was a guy with a great shot and good offensive instincts. Bergeron and Marchnad did wonders for Seguin and Tyler had a ridiculous +/- and was able to get a good flow going. I like Connolly and this is a good way to get him into the flow and get some confidence and success.

Bottom line is if you cant play well with Bergeron and Marchand your in trouble. I want to get him going and I think he will. I like that deal quite a bit.

I like DK with Loui, and as someone said Loui hangs around the net, but he and DK are smart and both are very good defensive 200 foot players. Pasta is still a teenager and can be all over the place plus this allows him like Connolly on the other line work in as the third wheel albeit a talented one.

The fourth line could be any of Kelly/Talbot/Rinaldo/Ferlin/Kemppainen/Koko/Ferlin/Griffith but the first 3 seem logical and Kemppainen is an Axelsson call and he holds a lot of weight so I put him on there as the new toy with no dents or scratches.

Well said and I agree on the roster, expecting Eriksson and Beleskey to switch places at time. I'd want us to start with Eriksson-Krecji and see that IQ/passing play between them, that would be elite 2way top6.

I watched Connolly's draft video on youtube and everyone seemed to be very high on his offensive skills, would be great to get him going and find his true offensive potential.
Marchand and Bergeron are guys who could do that and build his confidence up, and his shot wouldn't get wasted with them.

I like the forward group and it should be fun to watch for many reasons.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Well said and I agree on the roster, expecting Eriksson and Beleskey to switch places at time. I'd want us to start with Eriksson-Krecji and see that IQ/passing play between them, that would be elite 2way top6.

I watched Connolly's draft video on youtube and everyone seemed to be very high on his offensive skills, would be great to get him going and find his true offensive potential.
Marchand and Bergeron are guys who could do that and build his confidence up, and his shot wouldn't get wasted with them.

I like the forward group and it should be fun to watch for many reasons.

totally agree with you on what you said about Connolly with those two.

Belichick believes putting a player in the best position to succeed based on his skillset and of course the needs of the team; Connolly with those two should identify exactly what type of player he is because 37 & 63 are a complete (line) that is strong defensively and offensively....his mindset should not be leaning to either side of the ice but just play consistently in all 3 zones. If he is as talented as some think he should be fine. As for being moved by Tampa you only need to look at their top two lines to realize he was behind elite talent. I'm not judging him a bust because of that. It's why 40, 50, 60 and 70 goal scorers like Geoff Courtnall, Al Secord,Reggie Leach and Brett Hull got traded on loaded rosters at their position. I hope he can be is good as any of those four.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
totally agree with you on what you said about Connolly with those two.

Belichick believes putting a player in the best position to succeed based on his skillset and of course the needs of the team; Connolly with those two should identify exactly what type of player he is because 37 & 63 are a complete (line) that is strong defensively and offensively....his mindset should not be leaning to either side of the ice but just play consistently in all 3 zones. If he is as talented as some think he should be fine. As for being moved by Tampa you only need to look at their top two lines to realize he was behind elite talent. I'm not judging him a bust because of that. It's why 40, 50, 60 and 70 goal scorers like Geoff Courtnall, Al Secord,Reggie Leach and Brett Hull got traded on loaded rosters at their position. I hope he can be is good as any of those four.

Connolly also put up 12 goals in 50 games with 4th line minutes, just 1 less than Smith did with Bergeron and Marchand and if I remember right Tampa fans were saying that it looked liked Connolly was finding his game a bit before he got traded to Boston?
But like you said their top6 was way good for Connolly to get a shot and get his game truly going.

I want to see Connolly's shot and I hope we are able to use it as much/well as possible on the pp, another way to get his confidence up and get a working pp for us.

Next year is huge for Connolly and I hope he can take it, I like the idea of Pasta-Senyshyn-Connolly top9 Rw line, potentially wouldn't have to be worried for a long time and it has a bit of everything.
Elite speed, size, sniper and top offensive potential, that's a scoring line.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Marchand=Bergeron-Connolly
Beleskey-Krejci-Pasta
Koko-Spooner-Eriksson
Kelly-Kemppainen-Hayes
Rinaldo-Talbot

Chara-Trotman
Seids-Colin Miller
Krug-McQuiad
Irwin

Last edited:

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Eriksson-Krejci-Connolly/Pastrnak
Marchard-Bergeron-Hayes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak/Connelly
Kelly-Kemp-Ferlin

Eriksson deserves a real shot with Krejci now and some real minutes. And the team's best bet as a winger to put up 60+ points. If Connolly doesn't even mildly perform on the top line, think switching him with Pastrnak on the 3rd line is a good back up plan. Connolly should have no problem least being a 3rd liner with sheltered minutes. And Eriksson, Krejci, Pastrnak have a real shot at being a real #1 line. But personally would give Connolly the chance first to succeed.

I like these for sure, either way works for me really as far as the 1/3RW slots.

My main things I want to see are:
1) Loui with Krejci- obvious reasons.
2) Loui and Hayes apart- Loui will stand out front, Hayes will stand out front. Split them up and we have more lines with a net front presence. If the Loui line is the only one that will actually get dirty to score, I will go insane.
3) Connolly playing with whichever C out of Krejci and Spooner gets the most out of him. This is his year to prove himself, so I really hope that he can take a leap forward given a bigger role.

Only thing I don't really want to see is Kelly on the team, but I've accepted the fact that I'm probably going to be waiting until his contract runs out to fulfill that pipe dream.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pasta wants to play with Krejci: http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/pastrnak-says-hed-love-play-line-krejci

Obviously, this isn't some demand or anything, but more of a "Krejci is a great player and we both play the Czech style" kind of statement.

But, I do think Pasta will be with Krejci and not Spooner.

Just have to hope Julien remembers Spooner and his words to him, use the speed it's your best asset, so hopefully we don't see 2 of the slowest top9 forwards with him.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I hope we get to see this lineup at least once this season:

Eriksson-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Beleskey-Spooner-Hayes
Kelly-Kempainen-Talbot

Exactly as I have it. That is the only potential real first line we can put together. If we have any chance of a winning season, that will have to be the combination. I like giving Connolly a shot in the top 6. Realistically, the fourth will include Rinaldo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad