Opening Game line up

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Why do people keep switching Arty and Dubi? Fancy stats(which I haven't looked at) notwithstanding, it just seems to me that Calvert-Dubi-Cam worked and that Anisimov between Jenner/Hartnell and Foligno is a big tough line to play against and it brings some offense.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Why do people keep switching Arty and Dubi? Fancy stats(which I haven't looked at) notwithstanding, it just seems to me that Calvert-Dubi-Cam worked and that Anisimov between Jenner/Hartnell and Foligno is a big tough line to play against and it brings some offense.

Agreed. I think leaving the Dubinsky line together is the right move; and having that ''third line" of Hartnell-Anisimov-Foligno would be lethal.

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Foligno-Anisimov-Calvert
Gibbons-Letestu-Boll
Tropp, Hjalmarsson

Johnson-Tyutin
Savard-Murray
Wisniewski-Prout
Erixon

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Personally, I'd love to see Dubi and Cam with Hartnell. HCTR be trolling the Metro Division. Anisimov with Cam and Nicky or Horton looks good to me, too. But either way.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
the proposed Calvert - Dubi - Hartnell line I saw somewhere really intrigues me...a little bit of scoring, a LOT of pestering, and a fan favorite line IMO

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Personally, I'd love to see Dubi and Cam with Hartnell. HCTR be trolling the Metro Division. Anisimov with Cam and Nicky or Horton looks good to me, too. But either way.

the proposed Calvert - Dubi - Hartnell line I saw somewhere really intrigues me...a little bit of scoring, a LOT of pestering, and a fan favorite line IMO

I like. There are lots of intriguing combinations.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
i take it you are in agree-ance?

Yes. And a fool. My post immediately above yours should have had Calvert where I typed Cam (and thus I was feigning indignance - and why I listed Cam again alongside Anisimov, which is where I'd like him). I think I first proposed it in the couple days after the Hartnell trade.

So to clarify:
Calvert-Dubinsky-Hartnell

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There's so many good combinations of character guys. It's going to be fun to watch these players. I'm still not sold on Anisimov-Foligno.

Also does anyone have access to or know a free site for with you / without you stats?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
After another look at the with you / without you stats, these are the forward lines I'd go with:

Hartnell Johansen Foligno
Jenner Anisimov Horton
Calvert Dubinsky Atkinson
D'Amigo Letestu Gibbons

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We'll probably have an injury that will help a prospect crack the lineup. Or they will just preform too well to ignore.

To be honest we've got enough guys with injury histories to suggest that we'll see some a couple of prospects with quite a few games even if they can't crack the lineup day 1.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm not going to make an attempt at opening night lines just yet, but IMO Hjalmarsson is being left out far too often. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of the most underrated FA signings in the entire league.

I don't see D'Amigo making the club, especially with Tropp's one way deal. He's the insurance call up/seasoned AHL vet for the young guys.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I'm not going to make an attempt at opening night lines just yet, but IMO Hjalmarsson is being left out far too often. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of the most underrated FA signings in the entire league.

I don't see D'Amigo making the club, especially with Tropp's one way deal. He's the insurance call up/seasoned AHL vet for the young guys.

Have you seen Hjalmarrson? Most of us haven't and are wondering what he might bring to the ice. Personally I have no idea if he's a fit on a checking line or first line or depth for Springfield, so I'm anxious to see what he can do. He not being left out, he's just a mystery!

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I'll try something a little different here..

Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Hartnell-Anisimov-Foligno
Wennberg-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Calvert-Letestu-Gibbons
Boll Tropp

Johnson-Tyutin
Murray-Wiz
Erixon-Savard
Prout

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Have you seen Hjalmarrson? Most of us haven't and are wondering what he might bring to the ice. Personally I have no idea if he's a fit on a checking line or first line or depth for Springfield, so I'm anxious to see what he can do. He not being left out, he's just a mystery!

I don't claim to know anymore than you or any other one of the hfboards faithful. But I have done my due diligence of research into him, and I think he offers more of what we need (skill) than Jerry D'Amigo, who I have watched on more than a few occasions bc for some reason it seems the Lake Erie Monsters play the Marlies about 10 times a year.

Im sure D'Amigo is a great locker room guy, and has a great motor, but he's also a dime a dozen, and seems more of a Springfield first guy, especially if he could never break into the Leafs organization. I don't think Hjalmarsson left the SHL where he was a top 3 scorer to play in the AHL, but then again, who knows? maybe he needs to play down there to get accustomed to NA ice.

edit: Just because Im bored at work and will be here til 11

Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Hartnell-Dubi-Cam
Hjalmarsson/Wennberg-Arty-Foligno
Calvert-Letestu-Tropp/Gibbons/Boll

JMFJ-Tyutin
Murray-Wiz
Savard - Prout/Erixon

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
After another look at the with you / without you stats, these are the forward lines I'd go with:

Hartnell Johansen Foligno
Jenner Anisimov Horton
Calvert Dubinsky Atkinson
D'Amigo Letestu Gibbons

I should add that the with you / without you stats show that Johansen and Foligno are definitely best off playing with each other. And Anisimov and Horton played best with each other. So I want people to at least consider that before they go ahead and pencil in Joey-Horton and Anisimov-Foligno together, as most have done.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I should add that the with you / without you stats show that Johansen and Foligno are definitely best off playing with each other. And Anisimov and Horton played best with each other. So I want people to at least consider that before they go ahead and pencil in Joey-Horton and Anisimov-Foligno together, as most have done.

Not surprised at all about Johansen/Foligno, but am a little with Anisimov/Horton.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not surprised at all about Johansen/Foligno, but am a little with Anisimov/Horton.

The stat shows that both Horton and Jenner had more scoring opportunities with Anisimov than with Joey. Though I can't remember seeing those guys playing with Anisimov, it had to be >150 minutes to fit into Coach's study. Here's the section that pretty much covers my point:

"Below is a list of all forward combinations who played more than 150 minutes together (to root out some of the sample size issues). This gives us a good idea of forward combinations that work, and forward combinations that don’t. Below is the list, ordered from best to worst, with the positive combinations in green, the combinations that basically break even in yellow, and the negative combinations in red.

Anisimov-Horton
Anisimov-Comeau
Anisimov-Jenner
Foligno-Johansen
Johansen-Umberger
Letestu-MacKenzie
Atkinson-Dubinsky
Foligno-Umberger
Comeau-MacKenzie
Horton-Jenner
Comeau-Letestu
Calvert-Dubinsky
Atkinson-Calvert
Anisimov-Atkinson
Letestu-Tropp

Jenner-Johansen
Anisimov-Foligno
Horton-Johansen
Jenner-Letestu
Atkinson-Jenner
Anisimov-Umberger

There are definitely some interesting nuggets to glean from this. The biggest takeaway I have though is regarding Ryan Johansen. Horton and Jenner were both terrible combinations with Johansen, while both of those players were great fits with Artem Anisimov. Meanwhile, the Johansen-Umberger duo looks pretty good. This is almost solely due to Johansen dragging Umberger up a ton, as Johansen was very slightly worse with Umberger than away from him. A combo I liked that also came out very well here was Johansen and Foligno."

I bolded the breakeven group because the colors didn't come through. Below them are the combos that were below average.

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
Jenner-Johansen-Foligno
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Wennberg
Calvert-Anisimov-Horton
Gibbons-Letestu-Atkinson

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jenner-Johansen-Foligno
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Wennberg
Calvert-Anisimov-Horton
Gibbons-Letestu-Atkinson

Looks good.

A bit smurfy on the fourth line, but I don't know if that's all bad. If its a problem D'Amigo could add some heft.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Hartnell-Anisimov-Atkinson
Wennberg-Dubinsky-Foligno
Calvert-Letestu-Boll/Gibbons/D'Amigo/Tropp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad