Opening Game line up

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
With the team being basically set because the draft is over and free agency winding down, what does everyone see the opening day lines looking like>?

Buckcub

Jul 22, 2009
C-Bus
Hartnell-Johanson-Horton
Jenner-Dubinsky-Foligno
Atkinson-Anisimov-Calvert
Letestu-Gibbon-D'Amigo
Boll

Johnson-Murray
Tyutin-Savard
Prout-Wiz
Erixon

Bobrovsky
McElhenny

I want Erixon to be in there but dont see him replacing any of those guys off the bat.

Last edited:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Hartnell-Anisimov-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Tropp-Letestu-Gibbons
Hjalmarsson/Boll

Johnson-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Murray
Savard-Prout
Erixon

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Tropp-Letestu-Gibbons
Hjalmarsson/Boll

Johnson-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Murray
Savard-Prout
Erixon

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Yep, this is it.

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Tropp-Letestu-Gibbons
Hjalmarsson/Boll

Johnson-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Murray
Savard-Prout
Erixon

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

I'm ok with this but our best defensive forwards are the second line and Dubie

ernmorris

Jun 9, 2008
Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Tropp-Letestu-Gibbons
Hjalmarsson/Boll

Johnson-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Murray
Savard-Prout
Erixon

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

I could see this with a few exceptions. I don't see Richards breaking Tyutin & JJ as the top defensive pair. I also see Murray & Wiz sticking together as well.

I think the forward lines are probably as I would see them although I can see D'Amigo making the team ahead of Hjarmarrson (although I admit to not knowing either player well enough to say for sure so I wouldn't be surprised either way).

I see that you have Foligno moved to the right and I could see that. I wouldn't be shocked if they give Jenner a shot on the right side as well.

But I'm splitting hairs. I think what you have is pretty close to what we'll see day 1 (and I can't wait!)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I love at almost all times of the game that atleast 1 of Jenner, Foligno, Hartnell or Dubinsky will be on the ice.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jenner Johansen Horton
Hartnell Anisimov Atkinson
Foligno Dubinsky Calvert
Gibbons-Letestu-Hjalmarsson
Boll/Tropp/D'amigo

Johnson-Savard
Murray-Wiz
Tyutin-Prout

BOB
Mac

Of course we dont roll the usual 1-2-3 but whoever matches the best.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i don't see the roster as is being together like this on opening night...i feel there's a trade on the hook before then...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If there is one I hope its for a defenseman

And who will we trade for a top 6 defenseman, which I presume is what you want? Other than about 14 4th liners in the organization I don't see many chips we can afford to give up.

I think the top 9 is set. The 4th line I don't have a clue.

I think the D is set too just not sure of the pairings but have to believe they are the same as last year when all are healthy.

Nicky1992

Jun 29, 2014
Is anyone thinking that a prospect or two might be ready to join the team? I keep thinking that with a good summer after his Memorial Cup run, Rychel just might make it-possibly on the third line, pushing Calvert to the fourth. However, that may lead us to having Hjalmarsson/Gibbons/Tropp/Boll with not enough spots. I don't know if we'd scratch Boll and Tropp, give Hjalmarsson a chance to get used to the smaller ice in Springfield, and play Gibbons for some speed/PK skills or play Hjalmarsson and send Gibbons to Springfield, but either way, with so many prospects who (from what I hear) most people think will be ready within the next year or two, its something to think about.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not a bad starting lineup. The question will become when you subtract 2 or so players from the lineup for injuries.

Is anyone thinking that a prospect or two might be ready to join the team? I keep thinking that with a good summer after his Memorial Cup run, Rychel just might make it-possibly on the third line, pushing Calvert to the fourth. However, that may lead us to having Hjalmarsson/Gibbons/Tropp/Boll with not enough spots. I don't know if we'd scratch Boll and Tropp, give Hjalmarsson a chance to get used to the smaller ice in Springfield, and play Gibbons for some speed/PK skills or play Hjalmarsson and send Gibbons to Springfield, but either way, with so many prospects who (from what I hear) most people think will be ready within the next year or two, its something to think about.
My thought is with the signing of Gibbons to replace Dmac most of our injury call ups will be the youth in Springfield (Rychel, Chaput, Dano, Wennberg and possibly Hjalmarsson) that way they're seeing maximum number of minutes while still having the potential to crack the roster if they outplay whomever they are replacing or one of the 4th liners.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
i expect our 4th line opening night to be Gibbons - Letestu - Tropp

Yes. Or D'Amigo.

To BJN's concern about what happens when 2 players are out... I share it. Although I am convincing myself to feel better about it. To my mind, guys like Gibbons and D'Amigo should be pushing players like Wennberg, Rychel, Dano and Hjalmarsson down the depth chart - i.e. I like Wennberg (for example) better as the 16th forward than the 14th.

Last edited:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
For me, Hjalmarsson remains the Great Unknown - he was drafted fairly early by JD and JK at St. Louis and has had success in his European league. It might seem that his game has evolved and he has physically developed, since his draft year. Is he Springy depth, a possible fourth liner, or a candidate to move someone else down a line or two? It'll be interesting to see where he is placed when full camp opens, because it's very unlikely that we'll hear much about what the front office thinks of him before then!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
For me, Hjalmarsson remains the Great Unknown - he was drafted fairly early by JD and JK at St. Louis and has had success in his European league. It might seem that his game has evolved and he has physically developed, since his draft year. Is he Springy depth, a possible fourth liner, or a candidate to move someone else down a line or two? It'll be interesting to see where he is placed when full camp opens, because it's very unlikely that we'll hear much about what the front office thinks of him before then!
Exactly what i've been trying to say. And if you watch his interview on the Jackets website he knows he has to come out and blow everyone away and be in the best shaoe of his life if he wants to come in and make a impact.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
Jenner Johansen Horton
Hartnell Dubinsky Foligno
Atkinson Anisimov Calvert
Gibbons-D'Amigo Hjalmarsson
Boll/Tropp/

Johnson-Savard
Murray-Wiz
Tyutin-Prout
Erixon

Bob
McRebound

That second line would get under a lot of the other teams skin.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Jenner Johansen Horton
Hartnell Dubinsky Foligno
Atkinson Anisimov Calvert
Gibbons-D'Amigo Hjalmarsson
Boll/Tropp/

Johnson-Savard
Murray-Wiz
Tyutin-Prout
Erixon

Bob
McRebound

That second line would get under a lot of the other teams skin.

I like much of that, though I'd switch Foligno and Horton (I've seen stats that show RJ and Nick effective together) and the second line would still be very tough! Also, there has to be a place for Letestu, probably centering Line 4. How to rearrange the bottom two lines then becomes more difficult and really come down to how the pieces fit together in camp. Much better problems than we're used to!

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Foligno
Calvert-Anisimov-Atkinson
Tropp-Letestu-Gibbons
Hjalmarsson/Boll

Johnson-Tyutin
Wisniewski-Murray
Savard-Prout
Erixon

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

I honestly believe that both Wennberg and Rychel are ready for the big leagues but there is no space for them. Why bring them up from getting top minutes and developing in the AHL for 4th line time in the NHL. Is it bad to have this much depth to where you have to many pieces and not enough spots though? I dont think so because injuries will happen and there is plenty of depth to fill in any of the gaps left at foward. D is a little light but I feel baring 3 major long term injuries I think they will be fine.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Hartnell-Dubinsky-Foligno
Calvert-Anisimov-Atkinson
Tropp-Letestu-Gibbons
Hjalmarsson/Boll

Johnson-Tyutin
Wisniewski-Murray
Savard-Prout
Erixon

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

I honestly believe that both Wennberg and Rychel are ready for the big leagues but there is no space for them. Why bring them up from getting top minutes and developing in the AHL for 4th line time in the NHL. Is it bad to have this much depth to where you have to many pieces and not enough spots though? I dont think so because injuries will happen and there is plenty of depth to fill in any of the gaps left at foward. D is a little light but I feel baring 3 major long term injuries I think they will be fine.

I think a year or two of AHL time is fantastic for the development of players coming straight out of junior/SHL.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Jenner Johansen Atkinson
Hartnell Dubinsky Horton
Calvert Anisimov Foligno
Letestu Gibbons Tropp

Johnson Tyutin
Wiz Murray. Del Zotto?
Savard Prout

Bob

Won't happen but I wanna see cam on the top line and see what his production is plus our 2nd line would be ba

Also I think wennberg is on the team if and only if anisimov is traded... Maybe anisimov + 1st + 4th liner for a top 6 but I wanna see how cam does before we go after a top 6 bc cam is very good, underrated in my oppinion

Last edited by a moderator:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Someone remind me why a 16 point, -9 defenseman would play in our top-4? And at the same time, remind me why we would have any interest in bringing in a guy like that?

Del Zotto regressed so much that the Predators didn't even qualify him as an RFA. He was a mess last year. If anything, we need to be looking to get bigger and tougher on defense ... not add a guy who would be a defensive liability and struggle to play even strength minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad