Opening day lineups?

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
It's just the way he was flipping the lines all over the place during the preseason. He still has Jokinen on the second line apparently and looks like Wright is in the top nine. Just two things to point out.

While the other 29 teams were rolling mid season lineups and lines?

Perspective needed.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
How Thorburn is starting in the lineup is beyond me.
I'll take both Wright and Peluso over him depending on what element you want.
I know he won't play much but c'mon.
I love Thor as a guy. I enjoy watching him. But I want to ice the best 23 guys.

Sly Jets Fan

Mar 20, 2013
Winnipeg
What I'd like to see:

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Scheifele - Setoguchi
Halischuk - Jokinen - Frolik
Tangradi - Slater - Wright
Peluso (put him in for Wright against "tough" teams)
Thorburn

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Bogosian - Trouba
Clitsome - Postma
Stuart

Pavelec
Montoya

This will never happen though.

I would like to see this as well minus Wright. I'd actually prefer Thorburn.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah, the 4th doesn't really bother me. 17 instead of 15 or 27 on the 3rd is what bugs me.

My ideal bottom 6 would go:

Halischuk-Jokinen-Frolik
Tangradi-Slater-Peluso

I agree. I like both Halischuk and Tangradi over Wright in the long term this season.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Seeing Wright on that 3rd line is infuriating. I said it would happen when they didn't sign Raymond and people laughed. This goes one of two ways now....

1) Team regresses, misses the playoffs. Sellers at the deadline.
2) They're on the bubble. Chevy is forced to trade picks and/or prospects for a stretch run because he didn't address the 3rd line LW spot in the offseason.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Those are the only two possibilities you can envision? :laugh:
What about the play of Tangradi and Halischuk force Noel's hand?

The sky isn't falling. Chill.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Those are the only two possibilities you can envision? :laugh:
What about the play of Tangradi and Halischuk force Noel's hand?

The sky isn't falling. Chill.

Well, on the brightside at least it's nice to see Scheifele on the 2nd line. I hope that lasts.

The third line is 2/3s a lost cause whether it's Wright, Hali, or Tangradi slotting in. None of them belong in the top 9. There were better options available in the summer.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
Noel just basically said Scheiff would be given the 2c role first and they will see how it plays itself out. Im so freaking excited. Shame about the Joke getting all the preseason time but oh well...

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Yeah, the 4th doesn't really bother me. 17 instead of 15 or 27 on the 3rd is what bugs me.

My ideal bottom 6 would go:

Halischuk-Jokinen-Frolik
Tangradi-Slater-Peluso

Peluso and Thor are interchangeable in my eyes. Who ever's playing better. Doesn't matter. Also think Frolik and Gooch could flip if need be I would like to think. I've liked Frolik quite a bit.

Having Frolik and Halischuk in the lineup immediately improves our PK and helps take pressure off of guy like Little and Ladd.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Halischuk historically has top9 adequate scoring but has had issues with possession/out-chancing.
Tangradi historically has "out-chanced" his usage by a top9 adequate level, but historically had issues with scoring (although not in creating scoring chances).

I think that neither of those guys are "lost causes", both have a weakness (ironically each ones weakness is the other's strength) but if either one can improve in that area they would be just as good, if not better, than some of those options in the summer.

It's possible too.
Halischuk has been on a poor possession team with some of their worst linemates.
Tangradi creates decent scoring chances so his on-ice sh% (ie: puck luck) is bound to improve.

We shall see.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Well, on the brightside at least it's nice to see Scheifele on the 2nd line. I hope that lasts.

The third line is 2/3s a lost cause whether it's Wright, Hali, or Tangradi slotting in. None of them belong in the top 9. There were better options available in the summer.

I disagree. I think if Tangradi plays like he did in the preseason we're in good shape.
Tangradi Jokinen Frolik looks to be like a nice third line. Even Halischuk impressed when I saw him. If one of those two plays left wing I'll be comfortable.

Either way, time will tell. I just hope you're wrong. But I'm guessing you'd prefer that too :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Noel just basically said Scheiff would be given the 2c role first and they will see how it plays itself out. Im so freaking excited. Shame about the Joke getting all the preseason time but oh well...

Do you have a link to that? Not doubting you but would like to hear/read Noel's comments.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Do you have a link to that? Not doubting you but would like to hear/read Noel's comments.

It's near the end of this interview:

http://illegalcurve.com/2013/09/29/winnipeg-jets-coach-claude-noel-from-banff-2/

Basically says he liked what he saw, and is going to see how it plays out. Does look like Scheifele made enough of an impression in the first game, and they gave Jokinen every chance to push and try to change their minds. Obviously didn't come to fruition for Olli.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I don't see Scheifele in the top 6, with that said.

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Jokinen-Setogutchi
Halischuk-Scheifele-Frolik
Tangradi-Slater-Thorburn
SC: Wright

Buff-Enstrom
Bogosian-Clitsome
Stuart-Trouba
SC: Postma, Redmond

Pavelec
Montoya

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Jokinen-Setogutchi
Tangradi-Slater-Thorburn

Buff-Enstrom
Bogosian-Clitsome
Stuart-Trouba

Pavelec
Montoya

is this your wish list line-up or what you think the line-up is going to be? either way, whether you "see" it or not, it sounds like Scheifele is the 2C for now...

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Jokinen-Setogutchi
Tangradi-Slater-Thorburn

Buff-Enstrom
Bogosian-Clitsome
Stuart-Trouba

Pavelec
Montoya

Sorry...:help:

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
is this your wish list line-up or what you think the line-up is going to be? either way, whether you "see" it or not, it sounds like Scheifele is the 2C for now...
By who's decision? Yours? Cause from what it has sounded like over the last couple days it appears "sounds" like he's 3C. It was what I think the line-ups will be.

Sorry for what? Not agreeing with me? You're entitled to your opinion, and so am I.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
By who's decision? Yours? Cause from what it has sounded like over the last couple days it appears "sounds" like he's 3C. It was what I think the line-ups will be.

Sorry for what? Not agreeing with me? You're entitled to your opinion, and so am I.

Did you miss the post LITERALLY one above your post?
Schief is on the second line according to Noel.

No one was beaking you, you're just late to the party.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad