Kane Toews Wheeler
ladd Schiefele Little
Petan Lowry Kosmochuk
Lipon Odell FacePuncher

enstrom bogosian
morrisey trouba
redmond postma
facepuncher2

We luckily traded buff at the 2015 trade deadline from a team who were hoping to make the playoff and then lost all their games and became a lottery team ,, then the Jets got the 1st overall pick for 2015 which is McDavid
:sarcasm:

ofcourse Toews sign with the Jets :naughty:

Sly Jets Fan

Mar 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Am I the only one who disagrees with the coaching staff giving Olli all of the opportunity to prove himself while still planning to have Scheif start at 2C?

The vibe I got from this thread and the Noel interview was that Scheif pretty much won the spot in the first game, and then Olli was given the rest of the preseason to respond.

Why wouldn't you take that chance to let 9, 55 and 40 build chemistry instead of banging Jokinens head against the wall?

Because Noel is stubborn and set in his ways.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Because Noel is stubborn and set in his ways.

well, perhaps they are also fairly confident in Scheif's potential to center the line to at least a minimum success level and they felt it would be better to give Joki his chance in games that don't actually count...:dunno:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
well, perhaps they are also fairly confident in Scheif's potential to center the line to at least a minimum success level and they felt it would be better to give Joki his chance in games that don't actually count...:dunno:

Yep: let Olli put the nail in his own coffin, and ensure there's no fallout in the locker room, or with UFA's looking at player treatment in Winnipeg. Pure speculation on my part, but that's how it's fallen into place. I haven't yet figured out a reliable way to be that fly on the wall. ;)

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
In Jokinen's defense: He is in the exact demographic of a player who should've had an off year last year due to the lockout. His career has warranted every reason to be hopeful that he can bounce back. Here's a guy who rose to prominence in Florida, played top line minutes in both NYR and Calgary and can I believe resurge as a top six forward in the NHL with the Jets. I agree with the notion that Mark Sheifele needs to be given the opportunity again this year to make the team and stay, but I have to say, and perhaps I'm alone in this, I've seen a step in Jokinen's skating that suggests he's really trying to get back into form, and that is not a bad thing. Can't wait for tomorrow, really hope they get off to a flying start against a familiar foe. Gotta put'em in their place early out West and show them who that wildcard spot belongs to ;) GO JETS GO!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad