Post-Game Talk: Opening Day - Devils 5, Oilers 2 (@ Sweden)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Bummed I missed this game. How did JQ look?

And Stone Hands lighting it up. Get ready for that late career Selke win!

Reactions: nugg

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
We shall see
They're not benching cs. Cs needs to play to 1, see if he can find his game without re-injuring himself, and 2, kk cant do a full season by himself, and lack, while improved, isnt that consistant. One of these goalies wont be here next season, while odds are its kk, if cs doesnt get his game back and kk steps up more then last season, maybe they trade cory (which is also another reason he cant be benched)
Kk will become a starter next yr unless he has a God awful season or gets injured.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
It's only one game but Mueller stepping up with Vatts and spelling Greene a bit (who was great tonight) is going to be huge for us but we shall see. Butcher was impressive too.

Severson drives me ****ing crazy in his own end most of the time but I can't really ding him on that goal, a very well executed play on a breakdown. He was really jumping tonight and was playing on the edge, if he can keep that up without too many gaffs he'll be really effective. Him with Greene intrigues me especially not as the top pair which could really help Andy, they did get the McDavid line on that goal though lol.

Can't say enough about Wood and Zajac, wow, that line was a pain in the ass. Wood digging out puck and feeding Zajac, whaaaaaat?

Not worried at about Hall or Nico (who did a lot of the heavy lifting tonight), Palms was on fire.

Speed speed speed I love it.

Wood has that Parise like tenacity that Zajac thrived on back in the day. They could be a real dynamic pair

Reactions: JK3

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I'm fine with it since there were a lot of Oilers fans in the building. Let them have this experience especially they heard their goal song not even half the time we heard ours :naughty:

Kevin Clark being actually there and announcing made the experience so much better btw.

ya, fair enough…..for many it was probably the first time theyve seen their favorite team live

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
But the epic fail of the evening was that beer was sold out in the whole arena in the 2nd intermission. What the hell?

Its not beer. Its that swedish devilspawn mellanöl crap thats 3.5% strong. At first i was mad as well. Then i realized im saving money cause that shit aint helping me anywhere.

Some NJ natives sat behind me, loud AF. Was wondering what kind of dudes cba shout "Rangers suck" during the chants in Europe :laugh: Well, the Langenbrunner and McKay on the backs of their jerseys say it all. :laugh:

Reactions: My3Sons

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Its not beer. Its that swedish devilspawn mellanöl crap thats 3.5% strong. At first i was mad as well. Then i realized im saving money cause that **** aint helping me anywhere.

Some NJ natives sat behind me, loud AF. Was wondering what kind of dudes cba shout "Rangers suck" during the chants in Europe :laugh: Well, the Langenbrunner and McKay on the backs of their jerseys say it all. :laugh:
I knew I heard that familiar whistle going on in the 3rd.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
If Mueller can consistently play on the 1st pairing, we're really not that far off, with Smith in the pipeline

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Bummed I missed this game. How did JQ look?

And Stone Hands lighting it up. Get ready for that late career Selke win!
I thought he looked good. He had a good shot opportunity and he was engaged most of the game. But really the line looked good, especially Wood. Zajac Wood and Quenneville is a line that I really hopes sticks. It has a lot of potential I think.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
If Mueller can consistently play on the 1st pairing, we're really not that far off, with Smith in the pipeline
Agreed. Mueller has been solid since we got him. It's too bad he missed so much time from his injury last year but he's been great before and after the injury. I wonder if people are still upset about that 2nd rounder? :sarcasm:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
They're not benching cs. Cs needs to play to 1, see if he can find his game without re-injuring himself, and 2, kk cant do a full season by himself, and lack, while improved, isnt that consistant. One of these goalies wont be here next season, while odds are its kk, if cs doesnt get his game back and kk steps up more then last season, maybe they trade cory (which is also another reason he cant be benched)
Kk will become a starter next yr unless he has a God awful season or gets injured.

I agree but CS must show he can win games.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Just watching the game now and what a start. Palms early and then McDavid just flies up the ice to tie it. Also, did Coleman get faster in the offseason? He seemed to be flying on the PK.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Johansson was flying out there today too, hopefully him and Bratt continue to build some chemistry and Bratt and Zacha shoot more. Johansson has been setting up our D men coming late for one timers after he circles the net as well, he's done a few times every game so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad