Post-Game Talk: Opening Day - Devils 5, Oilers 2 (@ Sweden)

Status
Not open for further replies.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Wood was a monster. At the start of last season I would have never expected him to develop so nicely. He was just running around so recklessly like a chicken with his head cut off, but damn has he looked good since he's been back. Zacha also looks like a shark on the prowl out there- if only he could finish, but some of his plays like that steal and then pass to Severson (which Damon whiffed on) were just beautiful.

Reactions: nugg and My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Wood was a monster. At the start of last season I would have never expected him to develop so nicely. He was just running around so recklessly like a chicken with his head cut off, but damn has he looked good since he's been back. Zacha also looks like a shark on the prowl out there- if only he could finish, but some of his plays like that steal and then pass to Severson (which Damon whiffed on) were just beautiful.

BalticDevil

Mar 27, 2018
Wismar, Germany
Palms and Trav are the obvious stars of the game. I think Hall played well despite not getting a point. Wood was a beast and Johansson was on fire as well in his homecoming.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
For the little bit of criticism that Palmieri takes for ''Not being a first liner'', take a look at who McDavid's right wing was today. Ty Rattie. A guy with 19 points in 50 NHL games and was waived by two teams last year.

Reactions: HBK27 and NJDevs26

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I don't think Hall solves their problem. They have the same problem they have had for a decade, they have no depth. Their drafting outside of the first round has been horrible, they haven't attracted many free agents, and their trading has been poor. This is a team sport, and they have never been able to fill out a lineup with quality NHL players despite drafting high in the first round year after year.

He'd sure help

Reactions: Bleedred

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
DVKJY-rXcAAtRVi.jpg:large

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
For the little bit of criticism that Palmieri takes for ''Not being a first liner'', take a look at who McDavid's right wing was today. Ty Rattie. A guy with 19 points in 50 NHL games and was waived by two teams last year.

Top 10 in goals by a RW over the last 3 seasons. If that’s not a first liner, I’m not sure what is.

He has the exact same numbers as TJ Oshie in that span.

Reactions: My3Sons

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
It's only one game but Mueller stepping up with Vatts and spelling Greene a bit (who was great tonight) is going to be huge for us but we shall see. Butcher was impressive too.

Severson drives me f***ing crazy in his own end most of the time but I can't really ding him on that goal, a very well executed play on a breakdown. He was really jumping tonight and was playing on the edge, if he can keep that up without too many gaffs he'll be really effective. Him with Greene intrigues me especially not as the top pair which could really help Andy, they did get the McDavid line on that goal though lol.

Can't say enough about Wood and Zajac, wow, that line was a pain in the ass. Wood digging out puck and feeding Zajac, whaaaaaat?

Not worried at about Hall or Nico (who did a lot of the heavy lifting tonight), Palms was on fire.

Speed speed speed I love it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Games in hand will go up vs everyone as we dont play till late next week
Well, at least we still have more points than the Rags. That won't last for long though, enjoy it for the next 5 hours.

*Too lazy to upload my DD avatar*.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
top lines cancelled each other out. any line with mcdavid is going to be a top line in the league independent of supporting cast.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Also have to laugh at Lucic getting all hot and bothered by Severson throwing a legal check on him in the 2nd period. Guy is a POS.

Severson was great tonight as well. Made some real nifty plays on the breakout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad