Post-Game Talk: Opening Day - Devils 5, Oilers 2 (@ Sweden)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
a goalie could theoretically allow no goals for the entire year (aside from the shootout) and never win a game

think about that

wins are a team stat. Period.

a team could theoretically score 100 goals a game and lose every single game 101-100 because their goalie sucks

think about that

wins are also a goalie stat. Period.

traveler84

Oct 7, 2018
nico helped a lot on that first goal by palmieri. he screened his guy which opened up the front of the net.

won't show up on stat sheet but was just as important as an assist.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I was pleasantly surprised how well the 3 defensive pairs played. It's just one game but Mueller held his own against the McDavid line. I believe he and Vatanen only allowed 1 high danger chance against the McDavid line all game. Very promising

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
why was there goal horn and music after the oilers scored? :shakehead

it was a devils home game.

….great win though

I'm fine with it since there were a lot of Oilers fans in the building. Let them have this experience especially they heard their goal song not even half the time we heard ours :naughty:

Kevin Clark being actually there and announcing made the experience so much better btw.

Spoke to Kevin before the game and asked if our goal-song would be there. He said we'd have to wait and find out (wink wink), but then added the NHL wanted to keeps things somewhat neutral which explains the goal horn and music for both teams.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I was pleasantly surprised how well the 3 defensive pairs played. It's just one game but Mueller held his own against the McDavid line. I believe he and Vatanen only allowed 1 high danger chance against the McDavid line all game. Very promising

If Mueller can hold up against other teams first lines at even strength that would make a significant difference. Then you can manage Greene’s minutes and competition and he will be more effective. Hopefully Santini will start to look better with consistent NHL coaching and practice and at some point outplay Lovejoy.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I think it's just a stand-in for a mule since they don't actually have a mule face.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Yeah I think it's just a stand-in for a mule since they don't actually have a mule face.

92_D30_C6_C_BF07_4_C62_A917_6_A85_D2_C310_A0.png

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Oh no not Boyle. Whatever will we do without his speed?
lol, Devils dominate the game, hold the Oilers to 19 shots, '4th line center who played 9 minutes looked slow'. It's so transparent
He was of course nowhere to be seen during the game.

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I could image in a year, if Zacha doesn't find his scoring touch he could take over Boyle's role and Seney being tried at 2C. Of course things change and the team will look probably look different, and there's a lot of question marks, but it could happen.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I could image in a year, if Zacha doesn't find his scoring touch he could take over Boyle's role and Seney being tried at 2C. Of course things change and the team will look probably look different, and there's a lot of question marks, but it could happen.
I don't think it's going to take a year. If Zacha can't produce on the 2nd line, he be demoted by Thanksgiving maybe Christmas. Zacha needs to show something in the the next couple of months...and you know if McLeod or Seney show the slightest bit of aptitude in Binghamton they'll be up sooner rather than later. Zacha needs to produce and do it quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad